London has a new Mayor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2016, 01:34 AM
London has a new Mayor
His name is Khan, he is muslim, pro EU, pro LGTB rights.

Think i am gonna watch more BBC now and grab me some popcorn Wink

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
07-05-2016, 05:00 AM
RE: London has a new Mayor
Too bad that his left-wing policies have only served to validate the negative stereotypes about Muslims in indirect ways.

I quote: "Khan claimed to have received death threats for voting in favour of the Same-Sex Marriage Bill. There was a fatwa put out against him; he had been given police advice on protection."

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
07-05-2016, 05:19 AM
(07-05-2016 05:00 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Too bad that his left-wing policies have only served to validate the negative stereotypes about Muslims in indirect ways.

I quote: "Khan claimed to have received death threats for voting in favour of the Same-Sex Marriage Bill. There was a fatwa put out against him; he had been given police advice on protection."

Sorry, but i didnt get that. Can you elaborate please?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
07-05-2016, 07:26 AM
He's saying that the reaction from some Muslims to Khan's progressive views have been threats of violence, and those threats reinforce negative stereotypes about Muslims.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 5 users Like BnW's post
07-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Thin end of the wedge?

The 2011 UK Census recorded their Muslim population as 2,706,066, or 4.5% of the total population. Next step? A Muslim UK prime minister within the next decade. Between 2001 and 2009 the UK Muslim population increased roughly 10 times faster than the rest of society.

In March 2015 the prison population of England and Wales was recorded as 14% Muslim, despite them only being 4.5% of the overall population.

—Just sayin'...

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
07-05-2016, 09:48 AM
(07-05-2016 08:53 AM)SYZ Wrote:  In March 2015 the prison population of England and Wales was recorded as 14% Muslim, despite them only being 4.5% of the overall population.

—Just sayin'...

... and post hoc ergo propter hoc is a fallacy.

Just sayin'.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
07-05-2016, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2016 10:44 AM by adey67.)
Haven't seen this. A Muslim who champions LGTB rights sorry but isnt that a contradiction in terms ? I'll try to keep an open mind because its important not to judge but I'm kinda nervous about this.Looks like I'll be watching the news tonight.
07-05-2016, 10:57 AM
(07-05-2016 10:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Haven't seen this. A Muslim who champions LGTB rights sorry but isnt that a contradiction in terms ? I'll try to keep an open mind because its important not to judge but I'm kinda nervous about this.Looks like I'll be watching the news tonight.

It isn't just Christians who ignore key points of their holy book.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
07-05-2016, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2016 11:08 AM by adey67.)
(07-05-2016 10:57 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 10:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Haven't seen this. A Muslim who champions LGTB rights sorry but isnt that a contradiction in terms ? I'll try to keep an open mind because its important not to judge but I'm kinda nervous about this.Looks like I'll be watching the news tonight.

It isn't just Christians who ignore key points of their holy book.

Lets hope so Thump lets hope so. I just worry about how the far right is gonna react to this, I'm really trying to overcome inbuilt prejudices but its quite hard, not nice for folks to hear but I've got to be honest.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
07-05-2016, 11:29 AM
(07-05-2016 09:48 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 08:53 AM)SYZ Wrote:  In March 2015 the prison population of England and Wales was recorded as 14% Muslim, despite them only being 4.5% of the overall population.

... and post hoc ergo propter hoc is a fallacy.

Nope, not a fallacy of any sort. It's a statement of fact; read it as you please. Or are you disputing my figures?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.