London has a new Mayor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2016, 10:28 PM
RE: London has a new Mayor
(13-05-2016 10:10 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 10:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It's not discrimination to want a board to match the constituency. If the board were made of 16 black women there would be the same problem.

Except that board members are supposed to be appointed based on their ability to do the job.

I'm not entirely sure what the "needs of minorities" are... What facilities on buses and trains do black or Asian people need, that white people don't?

Yeah because people of differing backgrounds and viewpoints could never make a public system better. Nah let the good ol boy network stay long as we don't offend the white people everything will be ok.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-05-2016, 10:30 PM
(13-05-2016 10:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What part's the lie?
The part where he claims that mainstream Islam is compatible with Western liberal values.

(13-05-2016 10:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yeah because people of differing backgrounds and viewpoints could never make a public system better. Nah let the good ol boy network stay long as we don't offend the white people everything will be ok.
You didn't answer his question.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-05-2016, 10:37 PM
(13-05-2016 10:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 10:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What part's the lie?
The part where he claims that mainstream Islam is compatible with Western liberal values.

(13-05-2016 10:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yeah because people of differing backgrounds and viewpoints could never make a public system better. Nah let the good ol boy network stay long as we don't offend the white people everything will be ok.
You didn't answer his question.

I rather did you just need to be able to look through the dripping sarcasm. If you need me to spell it out in small words I can.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-05-2016, 10:39 PM
(13-05-2016 10:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 10:10 PM)Sam Wrote:  Except that board members are supposed to be appointed based on their ability to do the job.

I'm not entirely sure what the "needs of minorities" are... What facilities on buses and trains do black or Asian people need, that white people don't?

Yeah because people of differing backgrounds and viewpoints could never make a public system better. Nah let the good ol boy network stay long as we don't offend the white people everything will be ok.

Viewpoints, yes... Skin colour, no.

He specifically made the board members' skin colour an issue. I couldn't care less what colour somebody's skin is, that doesn't define their ability or character. Evidently, it matters to him.

But this isn't really anything to do with him being a Muslim... It's just typical Labour party bullshit.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
13-05-2016, 10:42 PM
(13-05-2016 10:37 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I rather did you just need to be able to look through the dripping sarcasm. If you need me to spell it out in small words I can.
Save the condescension for someone else. I've known you long enough to know that you're not even half as smart as you think you are. He asked you a direct question and since you couldn't give him an example of a race-specific need that exists in the public transportation system, you decided to dodge the question and opt for sarcasm instead. There's no need to embarrassed about it, I've seen liberals do this a hundred times. It doesn't even surprise me anymore at this point.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-05-2016, 10:43 PM
(13-05-2016 10:39 PM)Sam Wrote:  

Viewpoints, yes... Skin colour, no.

He specifically made the board members' skin colour an issue. I couldn't care less what colour somebody's skin is, that doesn't define their ability or character. Evidently, it matters to him.

But this isn't really anything to do with him being a Muslim... It's just typical Labour party bullshit.

Actually his main point was less than 1/5 were women the minorities was the final throwaway line in the statement. Having a monolithic viewpoint on a service committee is inherently bad as the more viewpoints and backgrounds you get the better able to bring up issues from said viewpoints and fix problems that 1 group might not even know exist.

13-05-2016, 10:43 PM

#sigh
13-05-2016, 11:04 PM
(13-05-2016 10:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 10:39 PM)Sam Wrote:  Viewpoints, yes... Skin colour, no.

Actually his main point was less than 1/5 were women the minorities was the final throwaway line in the statement. Having a monolithic viewpoint on a service committee is inherently bad as the more viewpoints and backgrounds you get the better able to bring up issues from said viewpoints and fix problems that 1 group might not even know exist.

Well, I partly agree with him on the part about women.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
13-05-2016, 11:09 PM
(13-05-2016 10:23 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 10:10 PM)Sam Wrote:  Except that board members are supposed to be appointed based on their ability to do the job.

Get with the times, dude! Who would want to have a meritocracy, where people are hired based on their qualifications instead of their skin color or sex? I mean, come one. It's <the current year>! Identity politics are much more important.

Drinking Beverage

Ah of course... Justin hath spoken. It is indeed the current year.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]