London parliament under lockdown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2017 09:35 AM by kim.)
RE: London parliament under lockdown
Would her Maj really be considered a legitimate target?
Maybe, symbolically of course. But surely, attacking a national symbol would only have an entire country down on all manner of extremism.

Then again, people who wreak this sort of havoc, tend to have a very narrow view of the consequences of their actions. So, even more, maybe ... symbolic targets have become legitimate targets?
Consider
Is it only, now that it's become expected, that terrorism has become somewhat accepted and we look to rationalize or at least find reasonable explanations from those responsible?

I don't think there is a reasonable explanation for an act of terrorism. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2017, 12:58 PM
(22-03-2017 12:42 PM)kim Wrote:  Would her Mag really be considered a legitimate target?
Maybe, symbolically of course. But surely, attacking a national symbol would only have an entire country down on all manner of extremism.

Then again, people who wreak this sort of havoc, tend to have a very narrow view of the consequences of their actions. So, even more, maybe ... symbolic targets have become legitimate targets?
Consider
Is it only, now that it's become expected, that terrorism has become somewhat accepted and we look to rationalize or at least find reasonable explanations from those responsible?

I just wanted her to be safe if its not terrorism what is it ?
Edit: Misread your post apologies Kim gonna eat dinner noew largely hungry
22-03-2017, 01:00 PM
From what I can ascertain so far is the dude mounted the pavement and drove the entirety of Westminster bridge running people over, including 3 teenage children on a school trip from France. He then crashed into a wall and vaulted a fence into westminster where he stabbed a police officer to death. Immediately afterwards he was shot dead.

Vehicles have become a disturbing trend recently.

The word "terrorism" is quite a loaded word, but I understand them locking shit down to see if he was alone or part of a group and classifying it that way for now.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
22-03-2017, 01:03 PM
The UK press are gonna have a field day with this. The Lord Mayor of London is a Sunni Muslim. Unsure

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
22-03-2017, 01:04 PM
(22-03-2017 12:58 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 12:42 PM)kim Wrote:  Would her Mag really be considered a legitimate target?

Consider

I don't understand Royalists. She has done fuck all for me. She is just a privelidged human being, a pointless, outdated bit of tradition we should get rid of.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
22-03-2017, 01:14 PM
(22-03-2017 01:03 PM)SYZ Wrote:  The Lord Mayor of London is a Sunni Muslim. Unsure

So? Was he in on it?

Also the UK press is quite broad a statement. I imagine the Sun or the Telegraph having something like a field day. But they have a field day over any kind of shit.
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
22-03-2017, 01:34 PM
(22-03-2017 12:58 PM)adey67 Wrote:  

Consider

Ha - no biggie.
I tend toward thinking out loud. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
22-03-2017, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2017 02:27 PM by kim.)
So far...
Four people, including the police officer, died in the incident.
At least 20 people were injured, including three other officers.

Latest update from BBC.
Lots of info and good, clear pics & video.

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
22-03-2017, 03:38 PM
Wow! This eyewitness gives a very clear account. He was apparently quite close.

22-03-2017, 04:52 PM
Reaction is what terrorists want.

Shut everything down each time some asshole waves a knife, and you already lost.

Capture the fucker, cut his nuts off, give him a lobotomy and a one way ticket to his country of origin, and HE loses....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.