London parliament under lockdown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 05:01 PM
RE: London parliament under lockdown
(22-03-2017 12:42 PM)kim Wrote:  ... I don't think there is a reasonable explanation for an act of terrorism ...

Quite right - which is why few (if any) nation has ever defined "terrorism". Too confining.

My observation is that the human species abhors violence only as its recipient. Otherwise worships it when wreaked on others.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
23-03-2017, 03:03 AM
[Image: C7lp2qkVwAEqZ2m.jpg]

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 3 users Like Silly Deity's post
23-03-2017, 05:34 AM
(22-03-2017 01:04 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 12:58 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I just wanted her to be safe if its not terrorism what is it ?
Edit: Misread your post apologies Kim gonna eat dinner noew largely hungry

I don't understand Royalists. She has done fuck all for me. She is just a privelidged human being, a pointless, outdated bit of tradition we should get rid of.

She served in WW2, did you serve in WW2?
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
23-03-2017, 06:17 AM
There will be no republic in Australia under Queen Elizabeth's reign. Her progeny? That's a different matter.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
23-03-2017, 07:02 AM
So sad for those people and their poor families Sad

Fuck terrorists. Scum of the earth.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
23-03-2017, 07:26 AM
(22-03-2017 12:42 PM)kim Wrote:  I don't think there is a reasonable explanation for an act of terrorism. Dodgy

Wanting to sow fear and in this way weaken someone considered enemy isn't exactly unreasonable. It's valid tactic for one thinking that one is at war (assuming it was terrorist attack and terrorist think that they are at war). It may be immoral or counterproductive though.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
23-03-2017, 03:55 PM
(22-03-2017 01:14 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 01:03 PM)SYZ Wrote:  The Lord Mayor of London is a Sunni Muslim. Unsure

So? Was he in on it?

Also the UK press is quite broad a statement. I imagine the Sun or the Telegraph having something like a field day. But they have a field day over any kind of shit.

If you replace the Telegraph with the Daily Mail and Breitbart London, then you may have a point.
23-03-2017, 05:40 PM
(23-03-2017 05:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 01:04 PM)bemore Wrote:  I don't understand Royalists. She has done fuck all for me. She is just a privelidged human being, a pointless, outdated bit of tradition we should get rid of.

She served in WW2, did you serve in WW2?

Her so-called "service" was purely symbolic. Elizabeth—then an 18-year-old princess—joined the WATS in Surrey UK. Known as 2nd Subaltern Windsor, she donned a pair of coveralls and trained in London as a mechanic and military truck driver. Unlike the other members of the WATS, Elizabeth returned each night to sleep in the royal residence of Windsor Castle.

Oh gee, what a hard life LOL. And no; she never once saw active service. She was a bludger then, and she's been a bludger on the taxpayers ever since—along with her inbred family. The sooner she pops her clogs, the better for Australia, as we'll become a Republic... at long last.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
23-03-2017, 08:04 PM
(23-03-2017 05:40 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(23-03-2017 05:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  She served in WW2, did you serve in WW2?

Her so-called "service" was purely symbolic. Elizabeth—then an 18-year-old princess—joined the WATS in Surrey UK. Known as 2nd Subaltern Windsor, she donned a pair of coveralls and trained in London as a mechanic and military truck driver. Unlike the other members of the WATS, Elizabeth returned each night to sleep in the royal residence of Windsor Castle.

Oh gee, what a hard life LOL. And no; she never once saw active service. She was a bludger then, and she's been a bludger on the taxpayers ever since—along with her inbred family. The sooner she pops her clogs, the better for Australia, as we'll become a Republic... at long last.

She didn't have too. She was a women remember, how many women saw active duty during WW2? Nurses.. Soviet snipers.. those crazy soviet women who were given shitty WW1 planes and did crazy night time dive bombing runs on German lines (I believe they had the nickname Night "Witches") that's all that's coming to mind and remember Soviet =/= Britain, very different cultures. Women during WW2 for the most part "served" on the home front doing factory work or the like. She trained a a mechanic and from what I read she was quite good at it. Why wouldn't see return to Windsor Castle? there was a war going on and that's where she lived. Do you so easily dismiss other womens role in the war because they returned home at night after a day of making bombs?

And again, I don't see your contribution to WW2 so maybe don't dismiss others despite how minimal you feel it was.

The Monarchy serve a purpose. They do a lot of State work that would otherwise be done by a politicians freeing up politicians to be politicians. They attract tourists. And they unify the Commonwealth.

People also like them. They're popular. There's zero point for Australia or New Zealand to remove her as their heads of state and become a republic. Zero.
Especially us because we have a treaty between the sovereignty and the Maori people which would cause issues if we left. I understand Australians don't have such a treaty though, why have a treaty when you can just bury the indigenous people in the ground with only their head showing and take turns kicking them in the head until their head flys off. Treaties get in the way of such school yard fun.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-03-2017, 09:13 PM
(23-03-2017 08:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The Monarchy serve a purpose. They do a lot of State work that would otherwise be done by a politicians freeing up politicians to be politicians. They attract tourists. And they unify the Commonwealth.

People also like them. They're popular. There's zero point for Australia or New Zealand to remove her as their heads of state and become a republic. Zero.
Especially us because we have a treaty between the sovereignty and the Maori people which would cause issues if we left. I understand Australians don't have such a treaty though, why have a treaty when you can just bury the indigenous people in the ground with only their head showing and take turns kicking them in the head until their head flys off. Treaties get in the way of such school yard fun.

Shocking Laugh out load

That is so wrong it’s farcically funny.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce