London tower block blaze

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2017, 04:50 AM
London tower block blaze
A dreadful fire in a 24 storey tower block 6 confirmed dead, hundreds missing or displaced, but being as the tower is still standing what's the betting the 9/11 conspirimorons will co opt this tragedy for their own ends ? I can see them now, tinfoil hats glinting in the sun clutching their cardboard models metal washers and string, expounding that this is proof the twin towers were a controlled demolition. I hate those guys.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2017, 04:54 AM
RE: London tower block blaze
Caught it on the news this morning, and it's just insane. I've never seen anything like that here in the UK. It's crazy how it's spread so quick as well.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
14-06-2017, 05:37 AM
It brought memories of the movie Towering Inferno. Tragic.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
14-06-2017, 05:49 AM
Seems that a local citizen's group has been warning about the possibility of this for nearly four years. Source: https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/...tment.html

Quote:The Grenfell Action Group, a community organization formed to oppose a nearby redevelopment project, has been warning about the risk of fire at Grenfell Tower since 2013.

The group has raised concerns about testing and maintenance of firefighting equipment and blocked emergency access to the site. “All our warnings fell on deaf ears and we predicted that a catastrophe like this was inevitable and just a matter of time,” the group said in a blog post written after the fire broke out.

*edited for link*
14-06-2017, 06:35 AM
Regardless of whether or not this is terrorism it safe to say that the next one will be.

There's no pesky registrations or waiting periods for a Jerry can of gas and a book of matches.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-06-2017, 07:26 AM
Sad I cannot even imagine the horror. Those poor people Sad

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
14-06-2017, 08:01 AM
That's horrific. I hope they figure out the causes quickly.
14-06-2017, 09:02 AM
(14-06-2017 08:01 AM)julep Wrote:  That's horrific. I hope they figure out the causes quickly.

An exploding fridge apparently, which may not be as dumb as it sounds, a fridge caught fire in a house in my village, nearly burnt the house down also dodgy Turkish made fridge's and tumble driers have been responsible for a tonne of fires here in the UK.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
14-06-2017, 09:12 AM
(14-06-2017 09:02 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 08:01 AM)julep Wrote:  That's horrific. I hope they figure out the causes quickly.

An exploding fridge apparently, which may not be as dumb as it sounds, a fridge caught fire in a house in my village, nearly burnt the house down also dodgy Turkish made fridge's and tumble driers have been responsible for a tonne of fires here in the UK.

There was a fire in a shop near my house caused by a "chilling cabinet" as the fridge motor got jammed and caught fire. Surprisingly common. I think it's more "older" fridges that are more likely, but some people have things like this for YEARS.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
14-06-2017, 09:20 AM
(14-06-2017 09:12 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 09:02 AM)adey67 Wrote:  An exploding fridge apparently, which may not be as dumb as it sounds, a fridge caught fire in a house in my village, nearly burnt the house down also dodgy Turkish made fridge's and tumble driers have been responsible for a tonne of fires here in the UK.

There was a fire in a shop near my house caused by a "chilling cabinet" as the fridge motor got jammed and caught fire. Surprisingly common. I think it's more "older" fridges that are more likely, but some people have things like this for YEARS.

Unfortunately not confined to older white goods, newer models are catching fire including Beko Hoover and Hotpoint, my grandfather invented the frontloading tumble dryer but sold the patent to Hoover, he'd be turned in his grave if he hadn't been cremated already.