London tower block blaze

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: London tower block blaze
That's horrific. Somebody needs to go see what the circuit protection looks like. Maybe they have been bypassed? I have a tough time figuring why a fuse didn't blow or a circuit breaker didn't trip. They are there for that purpose. If the compressor locks up, the over current condition should cause them to go to the fault condition.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2017, 09:30 AM
Yes on YouTube 9/11 conspiracy nuts all over this.

Why hasn't this building collapsed?

Uh, there's no Boeing 767 stuck in the top of it... There's this bizarre effect heavy things and gravity have on burning structures.
14-06-2017, 09:35 AM
(14-06-2017 09:23 AM)Fireball Wrote:  That's horrific. Somebody needs to go see what the circuit protection looks like. Maybe they have been bypassed? I have a tough time figuring why a fuse didn't blow or a circuit breaker didn't trip. They are there for that purpose. If the compressor locks up, the over current condition should cause them to go to the fault condition.

Yup, grampy was horrified at how Hoover butchered his design and removed the minimal safety features of 1946, he always regretted selling them the patent. Modern ones should be safer but cheap manufacturing process will take a toll even if the safety electronics are there.
14-06-2017, 09:37 AM
(14-06-2017 09:30 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Yes on YouTube 9/11 conspiracy nuts all over this.

Why hasn't this building collapsed?

Uh, there's no Boeing 767 stuck in the top of it... There's this bizarre effect heavy things and gravity have on burning structures.

I fucking knew it, Angry assholes all of them, no respect.
14-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Turns out the residents of the building have been trying to get their landlord to do something about fire safety for years.
Fire extinguishers were more than 12 months out of date (this was back in 2012) and residents even then made a statement that they believed it would only take a catastrophic event to bring to light the neglect and mistreatment of the residents at the hands of the landlord.

12 people dead from last I saw.
People need to be held accountable and people need to be jailed for manslaughter because this is absolutely unacceptable. An example needs to be made out of this landlord group and its board members to firmly dissuade landlord groups in the same position. Nothing short of decades worth of jail time is acceptable in my opinion. Fuck those greedy cunts.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
14-06-2017, 09:29 PM
(14-06-2017 08:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Turns out the residents of the building have been trying to get their landlord to do something about fire safety for years.
Fire extinguishers were more than 12 months out of date (this was back in 2012) and residents even then made a statement that they believed it would only take a catastrophic event to bring to light the neglect and mistreatment of the residents at the hands of the landlord.

People need to be held accountable and people need to be jailed for manslaughter because this is absolutely unacceptable. An example needs to be made out of this landlord group and its board members to firmly dissuade landlord groups in the same position. Nothing short of decades worth of jail time is acceptable in my opinion. Fuck those greedy cunts.

Agreed, but *cough* white collar crime *cough*, Dodgy I'll be surprised to see them get jail time at all.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
14-06-2017, 09:38 PM
(14-06-2017 08:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Turns out the residents of the building have been trying to get their landlord to do something about fire safety for years.

No sprinklers. One (ONE !) fucking stairway. More apartments than it was licensed for. It was a disaster waiting to happen. It's like a third world country apartment collapse. Hope there's hell to pay.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-06-2017, 09:39 PM
(14-06-2017 06:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Regardless of whether or not this is terrorism it safe to say that the next one will be.

There's no pesky registrations or waiting periods for a Jerry can of gas and a book of matches.

Maybe the problem here was that there wasn't enough people carrying Jerry cans and matches around, you know, to stand their ground and stop someone else from using them on the building first? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-06-2017, 03:36 AM

Fucking awesome post mate I agree 101%
15-06-2017, 05:15 AM
This is typical of what is going on in England. Lived there for 15 years. The place is burdened with over-regulation and people going around with clip boards, ticking boxes on forms. But, when something like this happens, you find out later that there were no sprinklers, no fire alarms, no fire extinguishers, a gas leak from contractors working negligently, no fire doors, no safe escape route, flammable materials being used knowingly, to save costs.

Then you find out that, 1, the authorities knew about it, 2, they did nothing, and 3, they covered up their lack of action. It's a typically English screw up.

I can't imagine the horror these people went through. Will it change anything? Probably not. All these low income high rises are death traps.
[+] 2 users Like Deltabravo's post