London tower block blaze

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2017, 08:59 AM
RE: London tower block blaze
(15-06-2017 08:49 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 08:43 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm hoping that all the victims died of smoke inhalation the other possibility grips me with dread and turns my stomach and bowels to water. Sad
I've read somewhere that an eyewitness said she saw a burning kid launching himself from the 20th floor or something... absolutely terrible!Sad

This makes me think that fire departments in big cities should invest in something inflatable, soft, stretchy and bouncy, that residents can be encouraged to jump onto when out of options.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
15-06-2017, 09:03 AM
(15-06-2017 08:59 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 08:49 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  I've read somewhere that an eyewitness said she saw a burning kid launching himself from the 20th floor or something... absolutely terrible!Sad

This makes me think that fire departments in big cities should invest in something inflatable, soft, stretchy and bouncy, that residents can be encouraged to jump onto when out of options.
Trouble is if you're totally on fire no amount of soft bouncy inflatables are going to help youSad
15-06-2017, 09:19 AM
This particular building went through renovation just over a year ago. Why didn't this renovation include updating of fire & emergency precautions? Someone will need to answer for that shit and those answers will be buried in countless debates and hearings.

Call me cynical but, caring about the poor has never been high on anyone's list of "things to do today". Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
15-06-2017, 09:31 AM
(15-06-2017 09:19 AM)kim Wrote:  This particular building went through renovation just over a year ago. Why didn't this renovation include updating of fire & emergency precautions? Someone will need to answer for that shit and those answers will be buried in countless debates and hearings.

Call me cynical but, caring about the poor has never been high on anyone's list of "things to do today". Shy

I was listening to the radio and an interview with the council leader, Kensington has the fifth lowest council tax and no increase for the past five years, its pandering to the filthy rich as they're the ones who benefit the most, they might just as well have tweeted " poorer people burning but thankfully no council tax increases # does it really matter "
Fucking assholes this was totally preventable, makes me sick with rage.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
15-06-2017, 09:31 AM
(15-06-2017 09:03 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 08:59 AM)tomilay Wrote:  This makes me think that fire departments in big cities should invest in something inflatable, soft, stretchy and bouncy, that residents can be encouraged to jump onto when out of options.
Trouble is if you're totally on fire no amount of soft bouncy inflatables are going to help youSad

Agreed. It might help people avoid catching fire totally in the first place though. Regardless this building lit up too fast, so that might not have been entirely avoidable. It has to be one of the worst fires I have ever seen in a highrise.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
15-06-2017, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2017 09:40 AM by adey67.)
(15-06-2017 09:31 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 09:03 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Trouble is if you're totally on fire no amount of soft bouncy inflatables are going to help youSad

Agreed. It might help people avoid catching fire totally in the first place though. Regardless this building lit up too fast, so that might not have been entirely avoidable. It has to be one of the worst fires I have ever seen in a highrise.

And totally preventable at worse it should have been contained to a flat or a singe floor Imo.

We've had three disasters this month hopefully that's it for a while.
15-06-2017, 09:37 AM
(15-06-2017 08:59 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 08:49 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  I've read somewhere that an eyewitness said she saw a burning kid launching himself from the 20th floor or something... absolutely terrible!Sad

Airbags like those used by stuntmen do work, but have many realworld limitations....

For one - reinflation time.

When somebody drops on an airbag, it needs time for the inflation fans to pump it back full of air.

In the meantime, you are going to have panicked people waiting - and you're going to have problems communicating to them the need to wait.

You will get jumpers who make the mistake of jumping, because the guy who just jumped is fine.....they end up dropping to an uninflated bag, and smack the ground...

And the higher the drop, the longer the reinflation time, and the more troublesome communication becomes..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-06-2017, 10:18 AM
At work.

Okay, yes, person carryable rated Drones need to be a thing. Sad

Heart To those in Old Blighty.
15-06-2017, 10:31 AM
This is just horrific. I was hearing about it on the BBC radio on the way to work this morning. Those poor people and those poor children.
15-06-2017, 10:36 AM
(15-06-2017 10:31 AM)Emma Wrote:  This is just horrific. I was hearing about it on the BBC radio on the way to work this morning. Those poor people and those poor children.

Poor in both meanings of the word. Seems like that may have played a role in this house being in the state it was before the conflagration.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post