Loneliness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2014, 02:46 PM
Loneliness
Hey there everyone. My feelings are hard to describe, but I'll try my best to articulate myself anyway.

Recently, for about a few weeks to a few months ago, I've been feeling really lonely. No matter how many friends I surround myself with, or how many relationships I have, I still feel like I'm lacking genuine human interaction/. I know it might sound silly/selfish to say, but it's just odd and like I said my feelings are hard to describe. I don't suffer from depression and I don't have any suicidal thoughts, it's just that right now I feel real sad..

Call it 'teenage angst' if you will, but this feeling is something that's lingered here and then but now it's struck me in an unusual part of my life. Things are actually going pretty good right now. I'm making money, friends and all that.. but why the heck am I so sad? Hormones? It is an intense feeling of sadness that makes me feel like I'll forever be isolated in my own thoughts and feelings. What concerns me the most perhaps is that this feeling has persisted for the past few weeks. Some days I'm happy, some days I'm real sad, and I've tried to get the issue diagnosed, the result was that I'm not bipolar.

So what is it? Anyone got any coping tips? The feeling is weird. I recently grew apart from my best friend so maybe that's it, but is it normal to feel THIS sad over it? I have so many good friends..

Am I just growing up? This feeling of sadness I have sometimes compels me to take night time walks just to get out of the house and clear my mind, which helps me but only temporarily.

I have many meaningful conversations with people in real life and on the internet, but now something is lacking. It's just not cutting it.

If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it because I know I shouldn't be feeling this way and I don't want to. I'm generally a happy, talkative, smart person who seldom feels down.

Everyday is judgement day. Use your judgement, use reason.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2014, 02:51 PM
RE: Loneliness
(15-04-2014 02:46 PM)Freethought Wrote:  Hey there everyone. My feelings are hard to describe, but I'll try my best to articulate myself anyway.

Recently, for about a few weeks to a few months ago, I've been feeling really lonely. No matter how many friends I surround myself with, or how many relationships I have, I still feel like I'm lacking genuine human interaction/. I know it might sound silly/selfish to say, but it's just odd and like I said my feelings are hard to describe. I don't suffer from depression and I don't have any suicidal thoughts, it's just that right now I feel real sad..

Call it 'teenage angst' if you will, but this feeling is something that's lingered here and then but now it's struck me in an unusual part of my life. Things are actually going pretty good right now. I'm making money, friends and all that.. but why the heck am I so sad? Hormones? It is an intense feeling of sadness that makes me feel like I'll forever be isolated in my own thoughts and feelings. What concerns me the most perhaps is that this feeling has persisted for the past few weeks. Some days I'm happy, some days I'm real sad, and I've tried to get the issue diagnosed, the result was that I'm not bipolar.

So what is it? Anyone got any coping tips? The feeling is weird. I recently grew apart from my best friend so maybe that's it, but is it normal to feel THIS sad over it? I have so many good friends..

Am I just growing up? This feeling of sadness I have sometimes compels me to take night time walks just to get out of the house and clear my mind, which helps me but only temporarily.

I have many meaningful conversations with people in real life and on the internet, but now something is lacking. It's just not cutting it.

If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it because I know I shouldn't be feeling this way and I don't want to. I'm generally a happy, talkative, smart person who seldom feels down.

HugHug

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Just taking a guess but its probably a combination of all the things you mentioned above
- stress over your friend, hormones, normal teen angst, and possibly 'just a phase'.

all of that combined can get you down.

So check the things you can and make sure they are good.....how is your diet? getting your fruits and veggies? enough water? get some exercise and find a project to get excited about and to focus on, maybe a fitness goal? Usually times like that is when I get a creative flow going.

sometimes life is just boring......same responsibility as yesterday, same thing day after day. Something eventually comes along to change the pace.

hang in there..... Hug

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
15-04-2014, 03:06 PM
Perhaps you just need a change of scenery. Being engaged in the same routine day after day content to bring one down, you just need to recharge your batteries. Find somewhere within a half day's drive of where you live, and go there for the weekend. Sometimes a little refresher like that can really turn your mood back around. Or even just spending an afternoon doing something that you used to enjoy but haven't done in a long time.

Maybe it's the weather. Fall and winter months of clouds and rain can affect someone's mood. That's why people tend to be happier in the summer.

Whatever it is, just keep your chin up. Most people go through times like this… periods of loneliness, disconnection, feelings of being an outsider, etc.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
15-04-2014, 03:24 PM
I don't know why, but this makes me think of you.....sounds like your are in a "except when they don't" stage.

15-04-2014, 04:57 PM
Do you exercise? You may simply need to work off energy. Perhaps do some martial arts or go kayacking. It can work wonders.

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-04-2014, 06:15 PM
(15-04-2014 04:57 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Do you exercise? You may simply need to work off energy. Perhaps do some martial arts or go kayacking. It can work wonders.

Yes, I've recently gotten into weightlifting. I'm a skinny guy so it really helps my self esteem and gets me to feel a sense of accomplishment when I see improvement in the working out aspect. Maybe I need to do more things like that and be more distracted more and not think so much about everything all the time. Thanks for making me think on that track!

I think Bows and Jeff really hit the nail on the head when they said my life may be too routine based and that I should change things up a little. Perhaps pursue a long lost hobby?

@Jeff & Bows - The weather has been pretty cloudy lately so that might be subconsciously affecting my mood. Eventually, life in general can get pretty boring and lead to an individual starting to think negatively as the brain is lacking any new stimuli. I think when the weather gets a little warmer I should start doing more activities. Whether it be going swimming more often again, or going to a cabin, a refreshment is definitely what I need, and I'll try my best to relax myself and think more optimistically. Thanks to all for your valuable input, it's really put things into a more positive perspective.

Everyday is judgement day. Use your judgement, use reason.
[+] 1 user Likes Freethought's post
15-04-2014, 07:01 PM
(15-04-2014 06:15 PM)Freethought Wrote:  
(15-04-2014 04:57 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Do you exercise? You may simply need to work off energy. Perhaps do some martial arts or go kayacking. It can work wonders.

Yes, I've recently gotten into weightlifting. I'm a skinny guy so it really helps my self esteem and gets me to feel a sense of accomplishment when I see improvement in the working out aspect. Maybe I need to do more things like that and be more distracted more and not think so much about everything all the time. Thanks for making me think on that track!

I think Bows and Jeff really hit the nail on the head when they said my life may be too routine based and that I should change things up a little. Perhaps pursue a long lost hobby?

@Jeff & Bows - The weather has been pretty cloudy lately so that might be subconsciously affecting my mood. Eventually, life in general can get pretty boring and lead to an individual starting to think negatively as the brain is lacking any new stimuli. I think when the weather gets a little warmer I should start doing more activities. Whether it be going swimming more often again, or going to a cabin, a refreshment is definitely what I need, and I'll try my best to relax myself and think more optimistically. Thanks to all for your valuable input, it's really put things into a more positive perspective.

try art. any old scrap of paper and a pencil or ink pen.

and planks....planks are killer.

15-04-2014, 07:06 PM
(15-04-2014 02:46 PM)Freethought Wrote:  Hey there everyone. My feelings are hard to describe, but I'll try my best to articulate myself anyway.

For a while there I felt similar feelings. Whenever they got to be too much I'd get on my bicycle and peddle hard around the neighborhood, come home exhausted, shower and crash. It helped me get through those times.

In the meantime Hug

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-04-2014, 07:17 PM
The clue is that you grew away from your best friend - you are growing and CHANGING!

You are outgrowing your friends and activities, and change is hard. Part of you doesn't want to move on, but it is natural for you to evolve now, so you have a conflict.

It would be sad if we didn't keep growing and changing all the time...

Try doing some new things with your life, encourage change...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post