Loneliness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2014, 07:19 PM
RE: Loneliness
As you may be aware, I am a musician. As a result I always have something to do. I practise. This distracts me from over indulgent egocentric thoughts. Something of which I am prone. I always have some new music book full of exercises when I am not working. Happily I work all the time. But for down time it is great.

Be proactive about life and develop skills. Skills can pay the rent too. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-04-2014, 08:05 PM
(15-04-2014 02:46 PM)Freethought Wrote:  Hey there everyone. My feelings are hard to describe, but I'll try my best to articulate myself anyway.

Recently, for about a few weeks to a few months ago, I've been feeling really lonely. No matter how many friends I surround myself with, or how many relationships I have, I still feel like I'm lacking genuine human interaction/. I know it might sound silly/selfish to say, but it's just odd and like I said my feelings are hard to describe. I don't suffer from depression and I don't have any suicidal thoughts, it's just that right now I feel real sad..

Call it 'teenage angst' if you will, but this feeling is something that's lingered here and then but now it's struck me in an unusual part of my life. Things are actually going pretty good right now. I'm making money, friends and all that.. but why the heck am I so sad? Hormones? It is an intense feeling of sadness that makes me feel like I'll forever be isolated in my own thoughts and feelings. What concerns me the most perhaps is that this feeling has persisted for the past few weeks. Some days I'm happy, some days I'm real sad, and I've tried to get the issue diagnosed, the result was that I'm not bipolar.

So what is it? Anyone got any coping tips? The feeling is weird. I recently grew apart from my best friend so maybe that's it, but is it normal to feel THIS sad over it? I have so many good friends..

Am I just growing up? This feeling of sadness I have sometimes compels me to take night time walks just to get out of the house and clear my mind, which helps me but only temporarily.

I have many meaningful conversations with people in real life and on the internet, but now something is lacking. It's just not cutting it.

If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it because I know I shouldn't be feeling this way and I don't want to. I'm generally a happy, talkative, smart person who seldom feels down.

This might not mean anything, but I am a fellow young person and you sound pretty normal to me.
The biggest part of growing up not the physical side, but the mental; you brain chemically and physically goes through probably the most change and throughout it's spitting out confusing mixtures of essentially refuse which adversely affect peoples mental states; everybody has 'up' time and 'down' time, it's just exasperated and more noticeable in youths.

Naturally, your growing apart from your friend has probably impacted on your mood at least slightly, though I can't really relate.

I would recommend that you distract yourself; find something you enjoy and get your mind off your troubles on your bad days, if you find you can't enjoy anything on a particularly bad day, just find something, anything to keep yourself busy so you don't obsess over them; start obsessing over negative emotions and you're in the shit. Just don't try to repress the feelings; acknowledge them.

My personal method for dealing with my bad days probably wouldn't work for you. You're too sane and stable.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
15-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Best I can say is sleep, have fun, and groove to your own beat.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.