Lonely UU yoyo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Rainbow Lonely UU yoyo
Has anyone here besides me ever stepped foot in a Unitarian Universalist church? Or even heard of one?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2012, 07:27 PM
RE: Lonely UU yoyo
(12-06-2012 07:23 PM)aunts1384 Wrote:  Has anyone here besides me ever stepped foot in a Unitarian Universalist church? Or even heard of one?
Yes, they're quite common here in Massachusetts.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2012, 07:31 PM
(12-06-2012 07:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-06-2012 07:23 PM)aunts1384 Wrote:  Has anyone here besides me ever stepped foot in a Unitarian Universalist church? Or even heard of one?

Chas is correct, they are common here. Bertrand Russell said the best thing about them is "they believe in 1 god maximum" I know someone looking to join a church and they thought this one was too relaxed.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
12-06-2012, 07:45 PM
I've been a member of a UU church in SC for several years now, and yes, they are very relaxed. I know several atheists, pagans, christians, jews, muslims, buddists...just to name a few. I know the original UU church was founded on christian principles, but they seem to be branching out now. It's a little confusing to go to church when you're singing 'Shabbat Shallom' during the collection...
12-06-2012, 07:54 PM
(12-06-2012 07:45 PM)aunts1384 Wrote:  I've been a member of a UU church in SC for several years now, and yes, they are very relaxed. I know several atheists, pagans, christians, jews, muslims, buddists...just to name a few. I know the original UU church was founded on christian principles, but they seem to be branching out now. It's a little confusing to go to church when you're singing 'Shabbat Shallom' during the collection...

But they're very LGBT friendly, so a little theological/cultural confusion seems a small price.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2012, 08:02 PM
(12-06-2012 07:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-06-2012 07:45 PM)aunts1384 Wrote:  I've been a member of a UU church in SC for several years now, and yes, they are very relaxed. I know several atheists, pagans, christians, jews, muslims, buddists...just to name a few. I know the original UU church was founded on christian principles, but they seem to be branching out now. It's a little confusing to go to church when you're singing 'Shabbat Shallom' during the collection...

But they're very LGBT friendly, so a little theological/cultural confusion seems a small price.
Very true. I'm part of the LGBT community myself, (more specifically the L part) which was one of the reasons I joined. I love the acceptance.
[+] 1 user Likes aunts1384's post
12-06-2012, 08:06 PM
(12-06-2012 07:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
Want to know something weird and off-topic?

For like the first four months of knowing you I thought you were Australian.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
12-06-2012, 08:16 PM
(12-06-2012 08:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-06-2012 07:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yes, they're quite common here in Massachusetts.

And whadya know. She turned out to be Lebaneese. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
12-06-2012, 09:56 PM
You confused me there for a moment, since today was my first day on this forum, or this website for that matter. Haha very funny. Should have seen that one coming.
12-06-2012, 10:39 PM
(12-06-2012 08:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-06-2012 07:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yes, they're quite common here in Massachusetts.

I think it's because he's terse and deadly, much like an Aussie.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel