Long time atheist new to this site.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Long time atheist new to this site.
Hey everyone. I have been aware of The Thinking Atheist for some time and I thought it was time I finally got on board.
I'm on the Facebook page and like what I see there. I have been watching the vids on Youtube for a number of years and I like most all of them.
I have many friends who claim to be atheist's, but few are as vocal as my self. It's just nice to be somewhere were there are others who aren't afraid to express there opinions and beliefs.
I have been a atheist pretty well most of my life, but have only really been expressing my self and standing up for what I believe in for the last 11 or 12 years. I feel no shame in who I am. I'm a non believer and proud of it.
Anyway I'm just getting my feet wet here and look forward to meeting some fellow Thinking Atheist's.
I also have kind of a warped sense of humour and like to make fun for fun's sake. If I offend anyone it is unintentional (hahaha) and please let me know and I will pull back on the reins.
So glad to be a part of this form and take care everyone.
Cheers.
Don
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Don McCaw's post
22-03-2014, 11:26 AM
RE: Long time atheist new to this site.

Welcome. Drinking Beverage

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
22-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Well howdy! [Image: good-day-cowboy-smiley-emoticon.gif]

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-03-2014, 11:28 AM
(22-03-2014 11:15 AM)Don McCaw Wrote:  Hey everyone. I have been aware of The Thinking Atheist for some time and I thought it was time I finally got on board.
I'm on the Facebook page and like what I see there. I have been watching the vids on Youtube for a number of years and I like most all of them.
I have many friends who claim to be atheist's, but few are as vocal as my self. It's just nice to be somewhere were there are others who aren't afraid to express there opinions and beliefs.
I have been a atheist pretty well most of my life, but have only really been expressing my self and standing up for what I believe in for the last 11 or 12 years. I feel no shame in who I am. I'm a non believer and proud of it.
Anyway I'm just getting my feet wet here and look forward to meeting some fellow Thinking Atheist's.
I also have kind of a warped sense of humour and like to make fun for fun's sake. If I offend anyone it is unintentional (hahaha) and please let me know and I will pull back on the reins.
So glad to be a part of this form and take care everyone.
Cheers.
Don

Welcome to the forum, love, we have all kinds if fun stuff going on. Big Grin
Glad to meet you!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
22-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Welcome to dieEvil_monster This is a land of warriors. We are a family(well kind ofConfused) But we all work together. We fight and bleed in the trenches with each other(this is a metaphor). You have become a member of the family. I hope that we can make you happy. I am P/F by the way the zoological teenagerBig Grin

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
22-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Welcome to the jungle!

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
22-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Welcome!

Just ignore the ponies...it's a sickness.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the forum, we like warped senses of humor. Big Grin

The beauty of the heart, is the lasting beauty. - Rumi Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
22-03-2014, 12:48 PM
(22-03-2014 12:05 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Welcome to the jungle!

No tsk tsk you're going to upset Girly

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
22-03-2014, 12:50 PM
Welcome and post away, let's see what you've got.Cool

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce