Long time lurker

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2013, 08:43 AM
Long time lurker
Hello everyone, I'm Aaron,

After lurking for such a long time, I've finally ended my laziness and actually made an account.

Anyone more about my. I live in rainy old England, I'm twenty, I was never raised in any religion, although I did go to a Church of England primary school. I'm not sure if I ever truly believed, but going back now and revisiting the Bible I was given from this, I can see just how much of it was skipped or altered to be told to children. Enough of that for my introduction, however.

I'm quite a broad reader, literally reading a whole range of fiction and non-fiction, my favourite of the moment including 1984, God is not Great, Deconverted (Great book by the way Seth, you have a very personal writing style), Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee etc. (I could literally list a whole load of books).

I enjoy discussion across a whole range of topics also, including the obvious topic of theology and faith.

I think that above covers it before I ramble on. But if there's anything I've missed feel free to ask, and I look forward to my continued time here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2013, 08:47 AM
RE: Long time lurker
Welcome aboard. Glad you've decided to stop lurking and join in the fray! Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
01-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Welcome!

As with any lurker, I always ask: whose posts do you read the most?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
01-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Lurking is creepy. Welcome to not being creepy.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
01-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Thanks,

@KC No one in particular, though I will admit I do quite enjoy the fail christian trolls that pop up now and then. Such as PJ. Many a good laugh to be found there.
01-08-2013, 03:59 PM
I lurked for a long time before I officially joined too Big Grin

Welcome!!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon