614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
12-09-2012, 07:52 PM
RE: Look at this
(12-09-2012 07:44 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  An exercise.

Is this hate speech?

[Image: asdf_by_phaedrus2401-d5elyfm.png]

Translation: There is no god XbutXgodX

Why or why not?

Well, if there is a god, s/he might take objection to the statement.

But since there are no words that are derogatory, as in "god is an asshole" or something, it's not hate speech even if there is a god and s/he takes objection to the statement.

If it said "I'm going to kill you, god!" that would also be hate speech in the eyes of the god.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-09-2012, 10:05 PM
You have to ask yourself "Is saying "There is no god" hate speech?".

Because it comes across that it is only "hate speech" because it's written in foreign.

What makes that language so special that it's considered hate speech in that language but not in english?

So my answer, hell no, a) no it's not b) it's the truth c) just because it's in foreign makes no difference

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
12-09-2012, 10:17 PM
You can't hate something that does not exist. It therefore can't be hate speech.
[+] 2 users Like Birdguy1979's post
12-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Hate speech, in the legal sense, is speech that incites riot or prejudicial action. How would such a phrase incite riot or prejudice?

To be fair, I hate the idea of hate speech. A phrase that might incite riot in one place may not in another, and so it feels as though the audience is what defines hate speech, not the phrase itself.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
12-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Those are my sentiments. But there are places where that image would get me killed. In fact, if I were to send this out over Twitter I would receive death threats, even here in the US.

It's not the religion. It's not the culture. It's not the nationality.

It's the people, who decide that they want to kill people who disagree with them.

And that is what I stand against.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
[+] 3 users Like Phaedrus's post
13-09-2012, 06:11 AM
We are in a time when people just call things that they don't want to hear "hate speech" so that they can stop others from saying it.
Offensive does not equal hate.

This is starting to go for all criticism of any kind.

They "intelligencia" has also come up with a laundry list of words to try and shut down free speech: Racists, Sexist, Homophobic, Ageist, all under the heading of politically incorrect and offensive.

We have banned words like secretary because it's a job traditionally held by women so therefore it is offensive. It is now "Office Manager".

The term abortion is offensive, so we call it pro-choice. Sounds better. Anti-abortion is called pro-life. Who is against choice or life? Now some say "choose life". So it's what you call things that's important, not what they actually are.

The other day I put powdered sugar on a pile of dog crap and decided to call it a pastry. It just looks better and sounds better to say that I stepped in a pastry or had to pick up my dog's pastry from the yard.

Religion is make believe. Offenive to the religious? Who cares. We could start calling atheism pro-think and theism pro-belief. That way they won't be offensive and therefore not be accused of leveling hate speech.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
13-09-2012, 08:30 AM
It doesn't inspire hatred in me.

How about these phrases
"The only gods I am aware of are imaginary"
"Gods only exist in literature."
"If everyone had their own god, are the odds 1 in 6,000,000,000 that your god exists or is it more like 0."
"If your god doesn't start the storm, nor can he stop it, but instead only watches it. Hell I can do that"
"When your god shares the same properties as a non-existent pebble in my hand, then both are non-existent"
"How many hours each week are wasted by thinking about things that don't exist ? "

Ok, I hate this last one.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
13-09-2012, 01:25 PM
(12-09-2012 07:44 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  An exercise.

Is this hate speech?

[Image: asdf_by_phaedrus2401-d5elyfm.png]

Translation: There is no god XbutXgodX

Why or why not?

No, that not hate speech, thats childish and stupit, unworthy for someone who claims to be an atheist.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
13-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Sorry for being stupit.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.