Looking At Christianity From The Outside

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2016, 08:10 PM
RE: Looking At Christianity From The Outside
(15-04-2016 04:56 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  It's so interesting to be around Christianity as someone who is no longer religious.

-Seeing people pray
-Eating Jesus' flesh and blood, even if it is symbolic
-Talking about demons
-Hearing people say that they'll pray for me
-Not praying and noticing that my life is the same as it would be if I had prayed
-Hearing the love songs to Jesus
-People seeing secularism as pure evil, something Satan is trying to use to capture the youth
-People singing about a man's death
-People hanging a torture device on themselves and in their homes
-Some people are SO certain that specifically the god of the Bible exists.

There are probably more things I see and hear from Christians. It feels weird to look at Christianity from the outside. I haven't been an atheist for very long. When I see these things, I feel like I'm dreaming. I also ask myself "I used to do that?"

Right at a year ago my brother died, and I went home to be with the family in Tennessee. He was 72 when he died and it was not unexpected, but we have a sister who has Down's syndrome. I attended church with the tribe and sister started crying during the "song service." "The healing blood of the Lamb," "Washed in the Blood" "Wonder working blood" and a few more, maybe even Splashing in the Blood. Even when she said she couldn't stand all that about blood the others couldn't even hear what they had been singing!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2016, 08:32 PM
(16-04-2016 07:46 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  But there are times if I sit in a long wooden bench I get the urge to genuflect.

LOL... I get the urge to defecate.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
16-04-2016, 08:39 PM
(16-04-2016 07:46 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  My mom would do make crosses on her forehead, lips, and heart as she passed the Catholic church. [...]

A priest and a rabbi are seated next to each other on a plane. An hour into the flight, the captain comes on the speaker and says, "Ladies and gentlemen, we have an emergency and have to land immediately. This could be rough."

As they're landing, the turbulence is unbelievable, and the priest happens to notice the rabbi making the sign of the cross.

The plane lands safely, and as they're getting off, the priest says to the rabbi, "So, when the chips are down, you acknowledge Jesus?". The rabbi says he doesn't understand so the priest tells him he saw him make the sign of the cross.

And the rabbi says, "Oh that. That's just the standard inventory, spectacles, testicles, wallet, and watch."

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post