Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2016, 08:39 AM
RE: Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment
(21-05-2016 08:24 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 08:09 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  The truth is i am not desperate , you are reading it so because of your own experiences in the past with others who are, i may see you desperate to disprove. My confidence is limited because i sail untested waters and i don't know beyond what i know. And my confidence is that i am willing to risk ridicule , no matter how unpleasant and shattering it can be.
Those objections are valid...so why would i fight them? its not that i am avoiding to fight ..they are valid lmao ..i said what you said made sense ..so ...wtf? why do expect me to fight something that i agree with.

"awesome goodness" - it simply dissolves you in a split second and makes you reappear , it feels like you are a sponge squeezed out of dirty water and re dipped into a fresh bucket. but in some time you get dirty again..depends on how long you kept that feeling alive..
..this is my personal experience and don't read into this as another desperate attempt. because i will reply if you ask.

Facepalm Kid. I feel good about myself without all the silliness. Good luck Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
21-05-2016, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2016 09:23 AM by Silentroar.)
(21-05-2016 08:34 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 08:27 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  mine is free.

If it leads you to start believing things without justification then the cost is still too high.
Read the OP , it clearly says you don't need belief, at-least not for this tool. although the snake oil is free , i can sell insurance ...you pay me 1 like on this comment as insurance , ill refund 2 likes if you lose your senses after u done trying the tool to compensate your fragile cage that you hold so dearly at this point.

All i know is what was told,
All i think is what i know,
All i am is what i think,
All i know NOT is who I Am.
21-05-2016, 08:57 AM
(21-05-2016 08:50 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 08:34 AM)unfogged Wrote:  If it leads you to start believing things without justification then the cost is still too high.
Read the OP , it clearly says you don't need belief, at-least not for this tool. although the snake oil is free , i can sell insurance ...you pay me 1 like on this comment as insurance , ill refund 2 likes if you lose your senses after u done trying the tool to compensate your fragile cage that you hold so dearly at this point.

I'll add projection and poor reading comprehension to the list of cognitive issues you present.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
21-05-2016, 09:10 AM
(21-05-2016 08:57 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 08:50 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  Read the OP , it clearly says you don't need belief, at-least not for this tool. although the snake oil is free , i can sell insurance ...you pay me 1 like on this comment as insurance , ill refund 2 likes if you lose your senses after u done trying the tool to compensate your fragile cage that you hold so dearly at this point.

I'll add projection and poor reading comprehension to the list of cognitive issues you present.
im confused what are you afraid of losing as cost? that you did something which wasn't backed with justification and that scares you? are you the kind who dances because dancing is an exercise so you have a reason to dance? does sky diving seem reasonable risk ? im sure there isn't a reason for anyone to do that? why do they?

Why should a couple have kids? what is the reason? when you know its going to be 9 months of torture , and shyt loads of trouble .

21-05-2016, 09:32 AM
(21-05-2016 08:57 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 08:50 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  Read the OP , it clearly says you don't need belief, at-least not for this tool. although the snake oil is free , i can sell insurance ...you pay me 1 like on this comment as insurance , ill refund 2 likes if you lose your senses after u done trying the tool to compensate your fragile cage that you hold so dearly at this point.

Is Altruism justified?

21-05-2016, 02:03 PM
(21-05-2016 09:10 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 08:57 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I'll add projection and poor reading comprehension to the list of cognitive issues you present.
im confused what are you afraid of losing as cost? that you did something which wasn't backed with justification and that scares you? are you the kind who dances because dancing is an exercise so you have a reason to dance? does sky diving seem reasonable risk ? im sure there isn't a reason for anyone to do that? why do they? Why should a couple have kids? what is the reason? when you know its going to be 9 months of torture , and shyt loads of trouble .

I had said that believing things without justification is too high a cost in response to you saying that your woo was free. If you have beliefs that do not correspond to reality then you are more likely to make bad decisions. I would think that was a pretty simple concept.

Your attempts to deflect with nonsense about needing justification to dance or sky dive or undertake other activities is ridiculous and has nothing to do with not believing things on insufficient evidence. There is a huge difference between deciding that you want to have children despite the potential costs (a personal value judgement) and believing that you have a way to experience some alternate realm (an unsubstantiated claim about the nature of reality). They aren't even remotely similar.

[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
21-05-2016, 02:05 PM
(21-05-2016 09:32 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 08:57 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I'll add projection and poor reading comprehension to the list of cognitive issues you present.

Is Altruism justified?

It may depend on the specific circumstances but, in general, yes. Do you have a point or do you just like being smug and patronizing?

21-05-2016, 02:14 PM
IMO, OP is a Christee proseltyzer with a slightly different schtick.

In OP he says he's a "faith head", then now:

Quote:"awesome goodness" - it simply dissolves you in a split second and makes you reappear , it feels like you are a sponge squeezed out of dirty water and re dipped into a fresh bucket. but in some time you get dirty again..depends on how long you kept that feeling alive..

He's selling the same tired old "You are sinful, you need God to make you not sinful" bullshit that's been current for the past 2000 years. We are all sinful - dirty - and we need some woo-woo horse manure to clean ourselves.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-05-2016, 02:49 PM
(21-05-2016 02:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  IMO, OP is a Christee proseltyzer with a slightly different schtick.

Quote:"awesome goodness" - it simply dissolves you in a split second and makes you reappear , it feels like you are a sponge squeezed out of dirty water and re dipped into a fresh bucket. but in some time you get dirty again..depends on how long you kept that feeling alive..

He's selling the same tired old "You are sinful, you need God to make you not sinful" bullshit that's been current for the past 2000 years. We are all sinful - dirty - and we need some woo-woo horse manure to clean ourselves.
You got me !! what a read i must say.. You better run son , or i chase you down with guilt. That's exactly what this is all about.. now go back to your new cage where you feel safe.

21-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment
(21-05-2016 02:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  IMO, OP is a Christee proseltyzer with a slightly different schtick.

I think you are reading too much into this. I don't think he is here to save your soul.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post