Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment
(21-05-2016 06:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 05:55 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Why is everybody being mean to Silent?

He smells like a dirty sock. Drinking Beverage

Who's sock?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2016, 11:25 PM
RE: Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment

So... we should be mean to you too? Fuck you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-05-2016, 11:44 PM
[Image: image.png?w=500&c=1]

/Thread

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
22-05-2016, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2016 01:36 AM by Silentroar.)
(21-05-2016 03:36 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Firstly, G'day from Downunder, and welcome to the forums. Smile

(18-05-2016 09:21 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  I'm a faith head. i have my reasons to be that way...
I'm more than happy to acknowledge (but not blindly condone) your faith. Half my close friends are practising Christians.

Quote:I love Atheists and i agree with everything and i totally would be an atheist if it wasn't for a few things that i witnessed personally.
This is really a nonsensical claim; that you'd be an atheist "if it wasn't for.....". That's just as meaningless as me (a lifelong atheist) saying that I'd be a Christian or a Muslim if I wasn't an atheist. You're by any logic either a theist or an atheist. So the mere fact that you have faith and believe in a supernatural entity (gods) and paranormal phenomena (miracles and prayers etc) makes you a theist totally.

Quote:[...] may not even be very open minded, and not a closed mind either. sort of luke warm casual positive minded Atheist.
Another nonsensical description of atheism. It's obvious you have very little understanding of what the word actually means, and as you're a person of faith I can understand that. You're conflating the terms "practicing" Catholic, or Jew or Muslim and a non-existent term "practicing" atheist. There are no "practices" involved with the one tenet of atheism—it's simply a personal, singular state of mind, that is (put super simply) that no gods have existed, do exist, or can exist.

Quote:RESULT- If the experiment succeeds, he/she would be able to see light around everything and everybody.
I'm sorry, but you're self-delusional if you think your "experiment" has even the slightest chance of being successful—which of course any rational thinker (even Christians!) will confirm in the negative. You might like to check this page discussing so-called Auras.

Quote:He/she will also begin to hear a louder than usual "sound of silence" which even tho is loud is never not soothing. He/she will get a tickling in every cell of the body as if ..you were a desert flower getting the first drop of rain in a zillion years.
Sorry, but this is just New Age metaphysical gobbledygook.

Quote:[...] it's also entirely non consequential regardless it fails or not.
So you're admitting it's a pointless exercise up front? Why waste our time participating in something that wouldn't (potentially) have any positive consequences?

I have to admit that I'm very reluctant to read any 15-page thread about metaphysical woo, particularly on a site devoted to atheism; as a result I have no idea as to what you said after your initial post. And if you've since retracted your claims, then I'm pleased.

Thanks Smile

No i haven't retracted , ill work with people who were/ are open and positive.
I cannot clarify beyond what i've said i don't represent any 1 faith, although i have picked up a lot from every faith , and i was able to find what was needed to make things work for me personally.

About me being faith head , and i would've been Atheist .. is true to the point that i started with faith i gave it up..and then something happened which made me go back. What happened was personal so its pointless discussing with anyone especially not here.
I use my judgement to excel myself in my personal ambitions , which make me care less about how others choose to be , But naturally when you feel like sharing something good you give it a try , which is exactly what i did.

Whatever labels you may find befit to my offering on the bases of your previous experience is the last thing i want to clarify , because all this while i ve been labeled with many many labels .. so at this point i don't feel motivated to clear anything to anyone who cannot read what i said in simple words but feel compelled to label it and reject it at surface level.

Or to over analyze my personality type . I don't say this to you personally but to ..everyone who has been doing so thus far. It is not my problem if anything new scares anyone , i am not equipped to treat phobias even tho i can sympathize , still cant help.

i also cannot help if people are sock sniffers its their problem and not mine.. i generally just take my socks off and find it foolish to smell them when i can choose not to. Big Grin

For the sock sniffers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmwGFX5pgXw

All i know is what was told,
All i think is what i know,
All i am is what i think,
All i know NOT is who I Am.
22-05-2016, 01:54 AM

A couple of reasons.....

He's a person who seriously believes in the existence of paranormal entities; who's deluded enough to believe that bodies emit visible auras; or that people can be "conditioned' to see these auras at will; or that neuro-linguistic programming really works as claimed; and who manages to extend a thread to 15 pages largely of his own repetitive drivel.

Three days, one thread, and 64 posts in that thread? And nothing at all constructive to add to the forum. This bloke's having us on folks. Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
22-05-2016, 02:24 AM
(22-05-2016 01:13 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  [...] It is not my problem if anything new scares anyone, I am not equipped to treat phobias even tho I can sympathize, still cant help.

The notion of living entities emitting coloured auras or emanations is as old as time itself; it's nothing new. To suggest that people are "scared" of any "new" concepts is totally erroneous and to liken this to a phobia is truly ludicrous. And please don't patronise us by apologising for being unable to "help" us. I'm guessing that you're the one that may need help—it's just that you're not aware of it LOL.

PS: I've been reading about so-called "aura therapy", which is a type of New Age healing that detects and treats [sic] disease by reading and manipulating a person's aura—which manifests itself as a visible and varying coloured glow. According to aura therapists, the aura is an energy field surrounding the body and exhibits signs of physical disease before the body itself exhibits either signs or disease. There's no scientific basis for belief in auras, much less for the validity of aura therapy. Yet, surprisingly, like many other alternative therapies, the popularity of such beliefs continues to grow, particularly in the US.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
22-05-2016, 03:07 AM
(22-05-2016 01:13 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  ... Wrote lots of stuff....

Hello and greetings again Silentroar.

At the time of my previous post (First hello and reply to you?) I was using my phone and at work, hence the hasty comments about your beliefs tangled with your propositional thought experiment.

Sorry about that.
22-05-2016, 03:22 AM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2016 03:38 AM by Silentroar.)
(22-05-2016 03:07 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(22-05-2016 01:13 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  ... Wrote lots of stuff....

Hello and greetings again Silentroar.

At the time of my previous post (First hello and reply to you?) I was using my phone and at work, hence the hasty comments about your beliefs tangled with your propositional thought experiment.

Sorry about that.
Greetings Smile
oh i checked it just now its all good bro Smile i could make out you wanted some minor clarification.. i hope i was able to answer it proper?

Big Grin

22-05-2016, 04:03 AM
(22-05-2016 02:24 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(22-05-2016 01:13 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  [...] It is not my problem if anything new scares anyone, I am not equipped to treat phobias even tho I can sympathize, still cant help.

The notion of living entities emitting coloured auras or emanations is as old as time itself; it's nothing new. To suggest that people are "scared" of any "new" concepts is totally erroneous and to liken this to a phobia is truly ludicrous. And please don't patronise us by apologising for being unable to "help" us. I'm guessing that you're the one that may need help—it's just that you're not aware of it LOL.

PS: I've been reading about so-called "aura therapy", which is a type of New Age healing that detects and treats [sic] disease by reading and manipulating a person's aura—which manifests itself as a visible and varying coloured glow. According to aura therapists, the aura is an energy field surrounding the body and exhibits signs of physical disease before the body itself exhibits either signs or disease. There's no scientific basis for belief in auras, much less for the validity of aura therapy. Yet, surprisingly, like many other alternative therapies, the popularity of such beliefs continues to grow, particularly in the US.

ive picked stuff from others and from all faiths , i own nothing. if you want to know more about aura therapy or you wish to argue with them please do so .
All i know is what was told- all i ever learnt from birth is what others taught me.
All i think is what i know - when i think i use my current box of knowledge ( which comes from all sources )
All i am is what i think - I am what i think - and what i think is what i know ..which comes from others ..so i don't own or know anything on my own.

22-05-2016, 04:11 AM

Maybe because he's starting to call people who challenge his ideas narrow-minded cowards and isn't addressing most of the challenges in any substantive way. IMO all of Silents noise is going to lead to some form of brahma consciousness or space aliens, and that's going to be a boring disappointment.

How is your trial of Silent's method going?
[+] 2 users Like julep's post