Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2016, 07:14 AM
RE: Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment
I wonder how the guy who first explained the concept of "0" (zero) to people who count from 1-9 , would have felt.

All i know is what was told,
All i think is what i know,
All i am is what i think,
All i know NOT is who I Am.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2016, 07:17 AM
(23-05-2016 06:59 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 06:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  Your language is too imprecise. You may assume a hypothesis and design an experiment to test that hypothesis. The experiment doesn't "work" or "succeed". But the results may be what you expect if the hypothesis is true. If the hypothesis is false the results should be in line with that as well.

As an example, Albert Einstein predicted that star light should get bent by gravity - this is a prediction based on the theory of general relativity. The prediction was tested at a time of total solar eclipse. The test was the experiment. The prediction matched the experimental result very well - this is regarded as confirmatory evidence that general relativity does work, but it doesn't confirm that the theory is *true* in the sense that it's correct, it just means that it hasn't been disproved. If on the other hand the prediction had *not* matched the experimental result we can say for certain that something is wrong with the theory - maybe a miscalculation, maybe something fundamental.
is that the only case? where this concept is used... When you assume X , use that assumption to proceed with the experiment, If the experiment works i, it would ve proven That X does exist.
******Is there someone here who speaks science or English and can explain to them what im asking***

No, that is not the only case; that is just one example of how science is done. Facepalm

[Image: 2000px-The_Scientific_Method_as_an_Ongoi...ss.svg.png]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-05-2016, 07:28 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2016 07:33 AM by Silentroar.)
(23-05-2016 07:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 06:59 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  is that the only case? where this concept is used... When you assume X , use that assumption to proceed with the experiment, If the experiment works i, it would ve proven That X does exist.
******Is there someone here who speaks science or English and can explain to them what im asking***

No, that is not the only case; that is just one example of how science is done. Facepalm

Thanks

so, you 're saying ...."When you assume X , use that assumption to proceed with the experiment, If the experiment works, it would ve proven That X does exist."

Thank you, And please stop posting cartoons i m science illiterate i don't understand that high level of cartoon.

And i hope you gave up on sock sniffing .

this is for u i think if you missed it from previous reply i made to someone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmwGFX5pgXw

23-05-2016, 07:33 AM
(23-05-2016 07:28 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 07:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, that is not the only case; that is just one example of how science is done. Facepalm

Thanks

so, you 're saying ...."When you assume X , use that assumption to proceed with the experiment, If the experiment works i, it would ve proven That X does exist."

No, that's not the way it works. Study the flow chart.

Quote:Thank you, And please stop posting cartoons i m non science illiterate i don't understand that high level of cartoon.

It's not a cartoon, it is a flow chart. In your posts to this point you sound pretty science illiterate.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-05-2016, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2016 07:46 AM by Silentroar.)
(23-05-2016 07:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 07:28 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  Thanks

so, you 're saying ...."When you assume X , use that assumption to proceed with the experiment, If the experiment works i, it would ve proven That X does exist."

No, that's not the way it works. Study the flow chart.

Quote:Thank you, And please stop posting cartoons i m non science illiterate i don't understand that high level of cartoon.

It's not a cartoon, it is a flow chart. In your posts to this point you sound pretty science illiterate.

Aha a flow chart eh? nice Smile nice colors .Its cute Smile

23-05-2016, 07:49 AM
At work.

Hey there Silentroar! Thumbsup

Might I ask what is your native language?

Much cheers to all.
23-05-2016, 07:50 AM
(23-05-2016 07:38 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 07:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, that's not the way it works. Study the flow chart.

Aha a flow chart eh? nice Smile nice colors .Its cute Smile

Your lack of understanding is appalling. Drinking Beverage

23-05-2016, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2016 07:58 AM by Silentroar.)
(23-05-2016 07:49 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Hey there Silentroar! Thumbsup

Might I ask what is your native language?

Much cheers to all.

hindi

23-05-2016, 08:07 AM
At work.

Yes

I work with folks from that part of the world. Realy nice folks. Big Grin

Still... lets hope we can over come the language barrier and reach an understanding. Thumbsup
23-05-2016, 08:10 AM
(23-05-2016 08:07 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Yes

I work with folks from that part of the world. Realy nice folks. Big Grin

Still... lets hope we can over come the language barrier and reach an understanding. Thumbsup

Bowing