Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2016, 08:31 AM
RE: Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment
(23-05-2016 07:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 07:38 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  Aha a flow chart eh? nice Smile nice colors .Its cute Smile

Your lack of understanding is appalling. Drinking Beverage

Ill explain the same question , in your language..

here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag

All i know is what was told,
All i think is what i know,
All i am is what i think,
All i know NOT is who I Am.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Silentroar's post
23-05-2016, 08:46 AM
(23-05-2016 07:52 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 07:49 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Hey there Silentroar! Thumbsup

Might I ask what is your native language?

Much cheers to all.

hindi
Just wanted to say hey. Not really my place to say welcome. Regardless, nice to make your acquaintance. Interesting topic.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
23-05-2016, 08:56 AM
(23-05-2016 05:52 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  Nope and im glad i know more than just English , But its cute that you are proud of it.

Please stop reading more into what I say than is there. I asked only because your grammar is sometimes difficult for a native English speaker to follow and I'm guessing that some of your word choices are because of a more limited vocabulary. That is making it difficult to communicate clearly.

Quote:Alright fine , you say i shouldn't bother touching nero crap whatever it is ..when i don't know anything about it.. sure.

Whatever i said was a layman's way to explain to those who started as laymen and became whatever after learning things from the experts of their disciplines . just because today you know what you know , which was TAUGHT to you.. doesn't mean that i need the same crap to be learnt in order to interact with you with out being insulted.

If your discipline begins from point A and goes to point B... I m fine with that .. I just wanted to tell you that .. i come from - A... you cant understand it ..not my problem.. but if i attempt to explain ... i need not learn your nerocrap ..

I have no clue what you mean by "nero crap" and, in general, no idea what any of that was supposed to mean.

(23-05-2016 07:14 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  I wonder how the guy who first explained the concept of "0" (zero) to people who count from 1-9 , would have felt.

What does that have to do with believing things without evidence? Explaining a concept is not at all like assuming something is true because you don't have any better ideas.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
23-05-2016, 08:57 AM
(23-05-2016 08:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just wanted to say hey. Not really my place to say welcome. Regardless, nice to make your acquaintance. Interesting topic.

Just what this thread needs... another fountain of unsupported woo and irrationality.
Facepalm

23-05-2016, 09:03 AM
(23-05-2016 07:28 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  so, you 're saying ...."When you assume X , use that assumption to proceed with the experiment, If the experiment works, it would ve proven That X does exist."

No, you don't start off by assuming anything. You start off by defining possible avenues of exploration. You start off by saying "maybe the answer is X, how can I test it to see if that is actually true". If the tests support X then it becomes more likely that X is real.

Quote:And i hope you gave up on sock sniffing .

At this point I think sock and/or poe are both possibilities although until they can be tested I don't claim to believe either option. I'm not assuming anything.

23-05-2016, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2016 09:50 AM by Silentroar.)
(23-05-2016 08:56 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I asked only because your grammar is sometimes difficult for a native English speaker to follow and I'm guessing that some of your word choices are because of a more limited vocabulary. That is making it difficult to communicate clearly.

"I asked only because your grammar is sometimes difficult for a native English speaker to follow" -

Better way to structure the above sentence would be - Since , i am a Native English Speaker, At times ,makes it difficult to follow your grammar.

" I'm guessing that some of your word choices are because of a more limited vocabulary. That is making it difficult to communicate clearly."

The Adjective" More" limited is redundant .
"that" is making it difficult - incorrect reference, should use "which" instead of that.

23-05-2016, 09:51 AM
At work.

Laugh out load

Nice.

I find your correcting of a native speaker's language use amusing Silentroar.

Please, do understand that even amongst the 'Speakers of English' that there are a LOT of local and cultural variations.

It's not just your word use, Silentroar, but your errors in spelling and perchance not knowing the language well enough to benifit from spell checking.

Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
23-05-2016, 09:56 AM
(23-05-2016 09:51 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Laugh out load

Nice.

I find your correcting of a native speaker's language use amusing Silentroar.

Please, do understand that even amongst the 'Speakers of English' that there are a LOT of local and cultural variations.

It's not just your word use, Silentroar, but your errors in spelling and perchance not knowing the language well enough to benifit from spell checking.

Thumbsup

i do just fine Smile I know enough to get myself in trouble.No big deal Big Grin

23-05-2016, 09:57 AM
At work.

Laugh out load

You do indeed, you do indeed. Yes

Thumbsup
23-05-2016, 11:30 AM
(23-05-2016 09:27 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 08:56 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I asked only because your grammar is sometimes difficult for a native English speaker to follow and I'm guessing that some of your word choices are because of a more limited vocabulary. That is making it difficult to communicate clearly.

"I asked only because your grammar is sometimes difficult for a native English speaker to follow" -

Better way to structure the above sentence would be - Since , i am a Native English Speaker, At times ,makes it difficult to follow your grammar.

Facepalm
No, that is not a better structure. It is convoluted and simply wrong. If you were taught that structure for English sentences you should sue.

Quote:" I'm guessing that some of your word choices are because of a more limited vocabulary. That is making it difficult to communicate clearly."
The Adjective" More" limited is redundant .

No, it is not redundant. It may perhaps have been extraneous but that is not the same thing. Your English vocabulary appears to be more limited than the average native English speaker and that is what I was comparing it to.

Quote:"that" is making it difficult - incorrect reference, should use "which" instead of that.

Again, no. Had it been a single sentence I would have used 'which'. As a separate sentence the use of 'which' would have sounded awkward.