Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment
(18-05-2016 10:07 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello and welcome to the forums! Big Grin

I have one question.

So..... even should such vision/images be seen.....
.... Um, what then?

I must admit to being lost between the connection of "I see lights" therefore diety.

Consider

the light is like an aura its not light light but its ..like a reflected light..its not sun like light but more like the moons light ..and no deity ..at all..
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2016, 10:32 AM
(18-05-2016 09:44 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  Before you start first go check if you see light around any living beings ..Trees , animals people ..and obviously you don't ..just check it anyway so you don't feel a contradiction later when it works..

Step 1 ) Before you go sleep .. look at every object in your room one by one .. and say " this is you " ..like you see a ceiling fan ..say " this is you" don't stress out on what this means ..just do it. Exact words - "This is you"... not "this is me"..
Step 2) Move focus to your body, close eyes ...and start with head to toe and for every part that pops in head .. say " this is YOU"
Step 3) Notice breath and say " you are breathing" Not "i am breathing" but YOu are breathing...
Step 4) Observe yourself fully AND SPOT THE OBSERVER ..who within you was Observing.... SOOn as you spot the observer ..SAY THIS IS YOU. And then you can sleep ( say YOU are sleeping) Smile sweet dreams Big Grin

END OF STORY. practice for 1-2 weeks and tell me when the light appears..

This is Yoga Nidra. I've done this a couple 100 times. You go from your surroundings, the noises, the lamps, the chair and all the objects in the room then mentally go through your body, through each toe, each finger, every muscle even the muscles behind the eyes and the muscle of your tongue and breath throughout. It ain't anything new, honey. It's been around for several hundred years. And it's not proof of god in any way.

NEXT!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
18-05-2016, 10:44 AM
(18-05-2016 10:32 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 09:44 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  Before you start first go check if you see light around any living beings ..Trees , animals people ..and obviously you don't ..just check it anyway so you don't feel a contradiction later when it works..

Step 1 ) Before you go sleep .. look at every object in your room one by one .. and say " this is you " ..like you see a ceiling fan ..say " this is you" don't stress out on what this means ..just do it. Exact words - "This is you"... not "this is me"..
Step 2) Move focus to your body, close eyes ...and start with head to toe and for every part that pops in head .. say " this is YOU"
Step 3) Notice breath and say " you are breathing" Not "i am breathing" but YOu are breathing...
Step 4) Observe yourself fully AND SPOT THE OBSERVER ..who within you was Observing.... SOOn as you spot the observer ..SAY THIS IS YOU. And then you can sleep ( say YOU are sleeping) Smile sweet dreams Big Grin

END OF STORY. practice for 1-2 weeks and tell me when the light appears..

This is Yoga Nidra. I've done this a couple 100 times. You go from your surroundings, the noises, the lamps, the chair and all the objects in the room then mentally go through your body, through each toe, each finger, every muscle even the muscles behind the eyes and the muscle of your tongue and breath throughout. It ain't anything new, honey. It's been around for several hundred years. And it's not proof of god in any way.

NEXT!

where did i say it was a new thing ? i said something that worked for me. i also did not want any religion distracts or any pre conceived ideas .
When did i say this was a proof of god? please stop downloading gyan where its not required.
[+] 1 user Likes Silentroar's post
18-05-2016, 11:17 AM
(18-05-2016 10:10 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I cannot take your experiment seriously, so I cannot participate. -But if you see visions, strange lights or if someone who isn't there is sending you messages, then you have a psychological or neurological disorder. Seek professional help immediately.
This basically sums it up for me.

This sounds like a placebo effect, at best. Or self-hypnosis, self-suggestion, or some other word for convincing yourself something is there/happening that actually isn't.

Also, I have like 50 things in my room, and you want me walking around like a crazy person saying goodnight to all of them? No

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 4 users Like Adrianime's post
18-05-2016, 11:22 AM
(18-05-2016 10:44 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 10:32 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This is Yoga Nidra. I've done this a couple 100 times. You go from your surroundings, the noises, the lamps, the chair and all the objects in the room then mentally go through your body, through each toe, each finger, every muscle even the muscles behind the eyes and the muscle of your tongue and breath throughout. It ain't anything new, honey. It's been around for several hundred years. And it's not proof of god in any way.

NEXT!

where did i say it was a new thing ? i said something that worked for me. i also did not want any religion distracts or any pre conceived ideas .
When did i say this was a proof of god? please stop downloading gyan where its not required.

Forgot to add...towards the end of a Yoga Nidra session one invisions stepping into a beautiful meadow, or sometimes one is supposed to pass through a rainbow or walk over a bridge and on the other side of the rainbow or bridge in the beautiful meadow is a shaft of light which warms the chest and eyelids.

Yup, what you describe is Yoga Nidra.

I've posted links to Yoga Nidra videos numerous times. It uses the breathing techniques and human imagination to relax the body.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
18-05-2016, 11:23 AM
(18-05-2016 09:21 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  HElloz,

Im a faith head Smile i have my reasons to be that way , i love Atheists and i agree with everything and i totally would be an atheist if it wasn't for a few things that i witnessed personally.

I m looking for 1 volunteer to try something that i think would work like it worked for me.
This experiment is to check if the same thing can work for a cold contact , Atheist , Who need not believe in whatever my personal beliefs are or any religion for that matter. may not even be very open minded , and not a closed mind either.. sort of luke warm casual positive minded Atheist .

So, what is this experiment - Its a simple practice that the volunteer has to do with sincerity, its not a physical practice .. just a short meditation .. will not take more than 10 mins per day for about 1-3 weeks.

RESULT- If the experiment succeeds , he/ she would be able to see Light around everything and everybody . He/she will also begin to hear a louder than usual "sound of silence" which even tho is loud is never not soothing. He/she will get a tickling in every cell of the body as if ..you were a desert flower getting the first drop of rain in a zillion years.

so , as soon as i get 1 volunteer, ill chat with you and give the info on what is to be done...and then you could let me know how it went for you Smile.. so anybody interested? Feel free to ask anything... oh yea and yea this doesn't involve any use of drugs whatsoever ..its also entirely non consequential regardless it fails or not.

People can see all sorts of things, let me know when you can cause a glow around yourself that is demonstrably observable to everyone, including scientific instruments under controlled circumstances.

[Image: shonuff.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
18-05-2016, 11:46 AM
There was a time when I was going thru my New Age phase when I saw auras, as a light around certain people. I remember that happening as a kid too,
18-05-2016, 11:52 AM
(18-05-2016 11:17 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 10:10 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I cannot take your experiment seriously, so I cannot participate. -But if you see visions, strange lights or if someone who isn't there is sending you messages, then you have a psychological or neurological disorder. Seek professional help immediately.
This basically sums it up for me.

This sounds like a placebo effect, at best. Or self-hypnosis, self-suggestion, or some other word for convincing yourself something is there/happening that actually isn't.

Also, I have like 50 things in my room, and you want me walking around like a crazy person saying goodnight to all of them? No

it might be placebo , or self hypnosis .. and self suggestion all at once..and a couple more such theories ...what if it fails..we don't know if it will even work. we can discuss what it is ..if it works..and ill give my 2 cents from what i think it is..and open to your suggestions as well..but all this comes in after 1 hit on target Smile .

Um well don't really go about looking at things on purpose..like if im lieing down getting ready to sleep...all i see if the ceiling ...the fan and a few other things around the room..the point is whatever comes to your attention in your field of vision you say it in your mind ..not out loud..also..apart from objects you also say it on a few actions...like "you are breathing" and "you are sleeping"......BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT BIT is to FIND THAT OBSERVER within you... The one that observes you doing what you do. when you spot the observer you will see where this is headed ..slowly..your mind will identify THAT OBSERVER with ease...and you ll be adept at this in 1-2 tries .. Smile
18-05-2016, 12:05 PM
(18-05-2016 11:46 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  There was a time when I was going thru my New Age phase when I saw auras, as a light around certain people. I remember that happening as a kid too,

NOICE Big Grin NOICE NOICE nice to meet you. Smile
18-05-2016, 12:11 PM
(18-05-2016 11:23 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  People can see all sorts of things, let me know when you can cause a glow around yourself that is demonstrably observable to everyone, including scientific instruments under controlled circumstances.

nope , its not tangible.. its like... when YOU are Thirsty.. only you know you are Thirsty. Unless you tell others no one can test it for you with instruments.. you know you are thirsty, so this is just like that..you will know ..what you see.. no one else can test it ..to the most one can test your brain activity and changes ..but that too isnt tangible enough.. this is not a proof of anything at all..