18-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment
@Silentroar
Check your PM box.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2016, 12:28 PM
RE: Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment
As I mentioned, what you describe is Yoga Nidra. There are many versions. Some Yoga Nidra sessions take you from the room you're in and the surrounding noise into your body awareness and some don't. Yoga Nidra is being used for people with PTSD to relax their mind and body.

This is a nice version.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
18-05-2016, 12:34 PM
As you've told people what results to expect, what you are doing is not a proper experiment so much as an exercise in the power of suggestion. But good luck with your auras, anyway. I hope your meditation practice continues to help you feel calmer and/or happier.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
18-05-2016, 12:35 PM
@Silentroar

I hope you aren't here to play games. It appears that you are based off your reply to my PM. I wanted to start a conversation.
18-05-2016, 12:43 PM
(18-05-2016 12:34 PM)julep Wrote:  As you've told people what results to expect, what you are doing is not a proper experiment so much as an exercise in the power of suggestion. But good luck with your auras, anyway. I hope your meditation practice continues to help you feel calmer and/or happier.

yep i agree .. that's why i wanted to make it private ..when someone suggested that i would get tricked into someone fishing info and defusing it

pfft this guy who wont stop posting about yoga nidra .. i mean you gotta respect the intention ...when im trying best to keep it simple...and tht guy is out here pouring more ideas to troll it out.

And thank you for the last bit Smile cheers.
18-05-2016, 12:47 PM
(18-05-2016 12:35 PM)KUSA Wrote:  @Silentroar

I hope you aren't here to play games. It appears that you are based off your reply to my PM. I wanted to start a conversation.
check pm ..no im not playing any game...and even if this was a game its harmless Smile but its not so don't worry
18-05-2016, 12:56 PM
(18-05-2016 12:47 PM)Silentroar Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 12:35 PM)KUSA Wrote:  @Silentroar

check pm ..no im not playing any game...and even if this was a game its harmless Smile but its not so don't worry

No problem. Thank you for your reply in the PM.
18-05-2016, 01:50 PM
I am a certified woologist.
I know this works.
I do this every night.

You wouldn't believe what appears before me.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-05-2016, 02:02 PM
(18-05-2016 12:43 PM)Silentroar Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 12:34 PM)julep Wrote:  As you've told people what results to expect, what you are doing is not a proper experiment so much as an exercise in the power of suggestion. But good luck with your auras, anyway. I hope your meditation practice continues to help you feel calmer and/or happier.

yep i agree .. that's why i wanted to make it private ..when someone suggested that i would get tricked into someone fishing info and defusing it

pfft this guy who wont stop posting about yoga nidra .. i mean you gotta respect the intention ...when im trying best to keep it simple...and tht guy is out here pouring more ideas to troll it out.

The problem is that along with your instructions you said what outcome someone who tried them should expect. If you had just given the instructions, then people could have tried it and reported more objective results.

"Keep it simple"--why? If you're looking for people to follow your instructions without question, expecting supernatural results, I'd suggest this is the wrong place for you. Try a religious forum instead.

(Incidentally, the person posting about yoga nidra is not a guy. I don't know why you're complaining about the additional information--at least she is providing links that people can research. If what you're advocating isn't yoga nidra, then it's best to address that with her)
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
18-05-2016, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2016 02:30 PM by Silentroar.)
(18-05-2016 02:02 PM)julep Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 12:43 PM)Silentroar Wrote:  yep i agree .. that's why i wanted to make it private ..when someone suggested that i would get tricked into someone fishing info and defusing it

The problem is that along with your instructions you said what outcome someone who tried them should expect. If you had just given the instructions, then people could have tried it and reported more objective results.

"Keep it simple"--why? If you're looking for people to follow your instructions without question, expecting supernatural results, I'd suggest this is the wrong place for you. Try a religious forum instead.

(Incidentally, the person posting about yoga nidra is not a guy. I don't know why you're complaining about the additional information--at least she is providing links that people can research. If what you're advocating isn't yoga nidra, then it's best to address that with her)
yep the volunteer is following instructions without asking questions about the origin or reasoning or source . "keep it simple"- why?? coz it is simple..period.
the yoga nidra guy / girl (regardless of gender ) should be doing it with more grace ..you don't shove info like that everywhere. its unfair to the topic at hand. i respect her belief, however that sort of association is missing the target. Why don't i directly tell her, because she ignored what i asked her and went on about advertising her bit. so she choose to go all over the place , and i chose to share it with you since you brought in a good point about the result pre disclosed ..and i agree you are right for that point.

why should i try a religious forum when i m looking for an atheist to help out?
But anyway thank you for suggestions .