Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2016, 02:28 PM
RE: Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment
I daydream all the time. I'll be come completely envelope in something i'm thinking about so much so that I ignore the rest of the world completely. It's simaler to peoples descriptions of meditation if guess, it's just never make it my goal to do so.

Repeat a phrase over and over again I can't see as really being beneficial in anyway. Much like praying for something to happen.

I'm interested in how the OP came upon this "discovery"?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2016, 02:46 PM
(18-05-2016 02:28 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I daydream all the time. I'll be come completely envelope in something i'm thinking about so much so that I ignore the rest of the world completely. It's simaler to peoples descriptions of meditation if guess, it's just never make it my goal to do so.

Repeat a phrase over and over again I can't see as really being beneficial in anyway. Much like praying for something to happen.

I'm interested in how the OP came upon this "discovery"?

meditation is a means to an end . its a tool for those who require calming down or any other reason they opt it for.

repeating a phrase is also used to train your brain , more like affirmations or things used for training like in army . So it isn't always "like a prayer wishing for something to happen"

I will fully share my source(s) , without any personal entanglements and without making any commercial company/religion to benefit. But there is a Big IF ...if it works. Remember we are at an atheist forum nothing passes through without being thrashed into its atomic state Big Grin
18-05-2016, 02:48 PM
(18-05-2016 02:23 PM)Silentroar Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 02:02 PM)julep Wrote:  The problem is that along with your instructions you said what outcome someone who tried them should expect. If you had just given the instructions, then people could have tried it and reported more objective results.

"Keep it simple"--why? If you're looking for people to follow your instructions without question, expecting supernatural results, I'd suggest this is the wrong place for you. Try a religious forum instead.

(Incidentally, the person posting about yoga nidra is not a guy. I don't know why you're complaining about the additional information--at least she is providing links that people can research. If what you're advocating isn't yoga nidra, then it's best to address that with her)
yep the volunteer is following instructions without asking questions about the origin or reasoning or source . "keep it simple"- why?? coz it is simple..period.
the yoga nidra guy / girl (regardless of gender ) should be doing it with more grace ..you don't shove info like that everywhere. its unfair to the topic at hand. i respect her belief, however that sort of association is missing the target. Why don't i directly tell her, because she ignored what i asked her and went on about advertising her bit. so she choose to go all over the place , and i chose to share it with you since you brought in a good point about the result pre disclosed ..and i agree you are right for that point.

why should i try a religious forum when i m looking for an atheist to help out?
But anyway thank you for suggestions .

Hey, no need to get your socks in a knot. Yes, actually we do provide information whenever we can. This is a community full of skeptics and there are lots of people who come here either trying to market their religions and cults, or manipulate people for the fun of it. If you don't want people making an informed decision about working with you, then maybe this isn't the right place for you to conduct your "experiment".

This should be an open and shut case anyway. Go work with KUSA. You posted the request, KUSA replied immediately. No further discussion is needed.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
18-05-2016, 02:49 PM
Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment
Well I'm going to try it.
[+] 3 users Like KUSA's post
18-05-2016, 03:00 PM
(18-05-2016 02:48 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 02:23 PM)Silentroar Wrote:  yep the volunteer is following instructions without asking questions about the origin or reasoning or source . "keep it simple"- why?? coz it is simple..period.
the yoga nidra guy / girl (regardless of gender ) should be doing it with more grace ..you don't shove info like that everywhere. its unfair to the topic at hand. i respect her belief, however that sort of association is missing the target. Why don't i directly tell her, because she ignored what i asked her and went on about advertising her bit. so she choose to go all over the place , and i chose to share it with you since you brought in a good point about the result pre disclosed ..and i agree you are right for that point.

Hey, no need to get your socks in a knot. Yes, actually we do provide information whenever we can. This is a community full of skeptics and there are lots of people who come here either trying to market their religions and cults, or manipulate people for the fun of it. If you don't want people making an informed decision about working with you, then maybe this isn't the right place for you to conduct your "experiment".

This should be an open and shut case anyway. Go work with KUSA. You posted the request, KUSA replied immediately. No further discussion is needed.
i wrote in my original first post that i will answer if people ask , so i was doing just that. I gave the info to the extent i found befit for phase 1 , i have no problem with placing all cards on the table.. but then its game over before it even begins. first of im not even sure if it works, and that is exactly why i m not shoving unwanted philosophy at this point, when i know i m dealing with some of the most intelligent people on the Internets who know every philosophy there ever was or will be.
18-05-2016, 03:18 PM
(18-05-2016 09:21 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  HElloz,

Im a faith head Smile i have my reasons to be that way , i love Atheists and i agree with everything and i totally would be an atheist if it wasn't for a few things that i witnessed personally.

I m looking for 1 volunteer to try something that i think would work like it worked for me.
This experiment is to check if the same thing can work for a cold contact , Atheist , Who need not believe in whatever my personal beliefs are or any religion for that matter. may not even be very open minded , and not a closed mind either.. sort of luke warm casual positive minded Atheist .

So, what is this experiment - Its a simple practice that the volunteer has to do with sincerity, its not a physical practice .. just a short meditation .. will not take more than 10 mins per day for about 1-3 weeks.

RESULT- If the experiment succeeds , he/ she would be able to see Light around everything and everybody . He/she will also begin to hear a louder than usual "sound of silence" which even tho is loud is never not soothing. He/she will get a tickling in every cell of the body as if ..you were a desert flower getting the first drop of rain in a zillion years.

so , as soon as i get 1 volunteer, ill chat with you and give the info on what is to be done...and then you could let me know how it went for you Smile.. so anybody interested? Feel free to ask anything... oh yea and yea this doesn't involve any use of drugs whatsoever ..its also entirely non consequential regardless it fails or not.

I recommend an MRI.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
18-05-2016, 03:19 PM
(18-05-2016 02:23 PM)Silentroar Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 02:02 PM)julep Wrote:  The problem is that along with your instructions you said what outcome someone who tried them should expect. If you had just given the instructions, then people could have tried it and reported more objective results.

"Keep it simple"--why? If you're looking for people to follow your instructions without question, expecting supernatural results, I'd suggest this is the wrong place for you. Try a religious forum instead.

(Incidentally, the person posting about yoga nidra is not a guy. I don't know why you're complaining about the additional information--at least she is providing links that people can research. If what you're advocating isn't yoga nidra, then it's best to address that with her)
yep the volunteer is following instructions without asking questions about the origin or reasoning or source . "keep it simple"- why?? coz it is simple..period.

I disagree that there's anything wrong with someone bringing up a practice that has similarities to what you describe or asking about the exact kind of woo you are peddling. That's a dialogue, not "shoving information." She wasn't advertising, she was trying to get you to converse about how your practice is different or better (if it is any of those things). And it was completely apropos to your topic.

I suggested a religious forum because you seem to be looking for a person who will follow your instructions without questioning them or asking you for more information, and I don't think there are many people here who would do that.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
18-05-2016, 03:36 PM
(18-05-2016 03:19 PM)julep Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 02:23 PM)Silentroar Wrote:  yep the volunteer is following instructions without asking questions about the origin or reasoning or source . "keep it simple"- why?? coz it is simple..period.

I disagree that there's anything wrong with someone bringing up a practice that has similarities to what you describe or asking about the exact kind of woo you are peddling. That's a dialogue, not "shoving information." She wasn't advertising, she was trying to get you to converse about how your practice is different or better (if it is any of those things). And it was completely apropos to your topic.

I suggested a religious forum because you seem to be looking for a person who will follow your instructions without questioning them or asking you for more information, and I don't think there are many people here who would do that.

I tried to communicate with her she , it dint work , i apologize if i have caused unwanted rift by objecting on her style. i personally don't adhere to such etiquette , but she has all rights to do what she did. So i apologize, i have realized my mistake.

I don't want a religious volunteer at all . I want a person free from all delusion that prevail. But i do need some one patient enough who tries stuff and is open to a calculated risk. As i said its a non consequential experiment without any side effects. I am sure there are many atheists who are risk takers and have not yet closed their minds. So i would like to be a part of this community and would like to stay at this forum Smile
18-05-2016, 03:45 PM
It's all statistically invalid. A sample of one is invalid.
I know. I'm certified in woo.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-05-2016, 03:49 PM
(18-05-2016 09:21 AM)Silentroar Wrote:  I m looking for 1 volunteer to try something that i think would work like it worked for me.

Have you cleared this with an institutional review board for experimentation involving humans? If not, it's really not much of a formal experiment. More like an anecdotal experience.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post