Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2016, 02:21 PM
RE: Looking for 1 volunteer for an experiment
What do you expect to be able to learn from this experiment?

Let's say some number of atheists try it and report back...
What would it mean if they all report something similar to your experience?
What if none report anything similar?
What if it is a mixed bag?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2016, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2016 02:33 PM by Silentroar.)
(19-05-2016 02:21 PM)unfogged Wrote:  What do you expect to be able to learn from this experiment?

nothing of great importance...just an new addition to what you never knew you had, now you do. what to make of it? ill leave that for you to explore. i have faith that once you find the state it will reveal itself on its own. i don't have to feed you any Gyan about it, you'll have the source yourself.

I will find out that it works..as a legit tool.
19-05-2016, 02:45 PM
(19-05-2016 02:21 PM)unfogged Wrote:  What do you expect to be able to learn from this experiment?

im not sure how to tackle all possibilities , just yet..we are all sailing in the same boat. if it comes positive even for one ..then its worth spreading ..if not then ill try another method and test it ..with you guys again.
19-05-2016, 02:54 PM
What exactly constitutes a faith head?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
19-05-2016, 02:57 PM
(19-05-2016 02:10 PM)Silentroar Wrote:  Important detail :- to add to the method..which i think i didn't stress enough on in the post with the technique:

When you do step 4 i.e spot "the Observer" You may or may not utter the mantra ... rather You have to identify the observer and associate "it" as the "you" .. When this is done correctly you should be able to feel goosebumps at the very recognition of that observer. but don't stress out if you don't feel the goosebumps/ or a spur of energy.. in first few tries you'll surely get there... as long as you keep the practice up and train your brain to identify that observer distinctly.

the longer your brain keeps "that observer " identified that sooner the illumination will begin.

If this sounds complicated ..stick with the first simple post Smile

I must admit that I don't understand the observer part. I did as instructed last night but nothing happened.
19-05-2016, 02:58 PM
And another thing. Why don't you answer my last PM?
19-05-2016, 03:01 PM
(18-05-2016 02:23 PM)Silentroar Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 02:02 PM)julep Wrote:  The problem is that along with your instructions you said what outcome someone who tried them should expect. If you had just given the instructions, then people could have tried it and reported more objective results.

"Keep it simple"--why? If you're looking for people to follow your instructions without question, expecting supernatural results, I'd suggest this is the wrong place for you. Try a religious forum instead.

(Incidentally, the person posting about yoga nidra is not a guy. I don't know why you're complaining about the additional information--at least she is providing links that people can research. If what you're advocating isn't yoga nidra, then it's best to address that with her)
yep the volunteer is following instructions without asking questions about the origin or reasoning or source . "keep it simple"- why?? coz it is simple..period.
the yoga nidra guy / girl (regardless of gender ) should be doing it with more grace ..you don't shove info like that everywhere. its unfair to the topic at hand. i respect her belief, however that sort of association is missing the target. Why don't i directly tell her, because she ignored what i asked her and went on about advertising her bit. so she choose to go all over the place , and i chose to share it with you since you brought in a good point about the result pre disclosed ..and i agree you are right for that point.

why should i try a religious forum when i m looking for an atheist to help out?
But anyway thank you for suggestions .

This is simple "mindfulness"

"a mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
19-05-2016, 03:02 PM
(19-05-2016 02:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  What exactly constitutes a faith head?

Superb question , idk.. tbh.. but.. faith head means diff to diff people..like someone is all faith and some are skeptics but still capable of faith in a way.. But although another way to look at it is everyone is a faith head..including atheist , coz they put their faith in logic or senses or science or the sence-able within the 5 senses. others invest faith on what is told to them. I have faith ..which i use on various things ..and the discretion of my senses , which also permit me to detach /re attach it at will. Its like the sails of a sailboat ..not always in one direction i use it to steer my way or bridge the gaps.
19-05-2016, 03:07 PM
(19-05-2016 02:57 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 02:10 PM)Silentroar Wrote:  Important detail :- to add to the method..which i think i didn't stress enough on in the post with the technique:

When you do step 4 i.e spot "the Observer" You may or may not utter the mantra ... rather You have to identify the observer and associate "it" as the "you" .. When this is done correctly you should be able to feel goosebumps at the very recognition of that observer. but don't stress out if you don't feel the goosebumps/ or a spur of energy.. in first few tries you'll surely get there... as long as you keep the practice up and train your brain to identify that observer distinctly.

the longer your brain keeps "that observer " identified that sooner the illumination will begin.

If this sounds complicated ..stick with the first simple post Smile

I must admit that I don't understand the observer part. I did as instructed last night but nothing happened.
okay well..what you could do is..after step 3 ..ask yourself the question who is doing this exercise...you will be able to spot the observer.."the observer within you" who witnessed you doing what you did.
19-05-2016, 03:14 PM
(19-05-2016 02:58 PM)KUSA Wrote:  And another thing. Why don't you answer my last PM?

sec, how do you get notifications on this website? i dont come to know when i got new message Confused