Looking for Superior Browser To Firefox 4.0 ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2011, 10:32 AM

Lightbulb Looking for Superior Browser To Firefox 4.0 ?
Probably in the wrong section, but I just left the "Live Chat" thread and got lazy.

I have the old 3.6.17 Firefox Browser and it's being a royal pain. I think it's something to do with an outdated plug in. In any case, I had upgraded to 4.0 and to say the least wasn't impressed. As is the case with many at the Firefox discussion forums regarding the matter.

In any event, I was wondering if there's a Browser out there that is close to Firefox quality? Script blocking, ad blocking and tracker blocks would be a plus. I could look but you know how keyword searches go. Every website offering free downloads claim theirs is the best. And PC world type sites are good but I've had 5 star recommendations on some of those that made me think at least one star was hitchhiking and found a home it didn't really deserve. Tongue

Personal experience from members here would be superior to that and greatly appreciated. Especially since we have so many computer geniuses on board. I admire that very much.
Thank you for reading me and any advice and/or links you may share. [Image: 23.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2011, 10:48 AM
RE: Looking for Superior Browser To Firefox 4.0 ?
Well you could try Chrome , although Google aren't exactly famous for respecting privacy. There's an open version of Chrome , you could try that.
Or maybe Safari - dunno.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Chrome is good. That's what I use.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
31-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Opera? Not sure whether it exist for Windows though.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
31-05-2011, 11:55 AM
(31-05-2011 11:41 AM)The_observer Wrote:  Opera? Not sure whether it exist for Windows though.

The page YOU linked to has a Windows version download on the front page - LOL

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
31-05-2011, 11:59 AM

I use Chrome. Its fast and fluff free. Now, if for some reason I feel the need to be sneaky, I switch to firefox and flip a few extra switches. But that slows me down, so I don't generally do it.
31-05-2011, 12:00 PM
(31-05-2011 11:55 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  
(31-05-2011 11:41 AM)The_observer Wrote:  Opera? Not sure whether it exist for Windows though.

The page YOU linked to has a Windows version download on the front page - LOL
Not in my browser... It displays a LINUX version and every search I conduct as well. I guess my operating system probably has something to do with that Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
31-05-2011, 01:09 PM
I mostly use Chrome. It's much faster and Flash runs better on it.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-05-2011, 02:19 PM
I use firefox 4 (can't let go of some features and extensions), but if you want something really fast and you don't mind privacy or ads you should try Chrome.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
31-05-2011, 03:03 PM

Heart RE: Looking for Superior Browser To Firefox 4.0 ?
Thank you all for the recommendations. I've had Chrome before. I don't like the privacy issue or the ad's. I do have pop-up blocker on full, on my IE operating system, but still. When Google makes a cookie that installs and stays on your hard drive until 2038, unless you reformat, there's something odd about that. Then again, Google has insinuated itself everywhere on the net, so it's virtually impossible to avoid.

Safari and Opera sound good. I'll take a look.

Thank you all again. Smile I have Windows XP Professional, just as an FYI if that helps with any further advice. Smile