Looking for Superior Browser To Firefox 4.0 ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2011, 01:11 AM
RE: Looking for Superior Browser To Firefox 4.0 ?
As far as I saw, Opera and Firefox both have the option for private surfing and all sorts of cookie managements, so you can delete them all the time, or when you close the browser and many more options, so I don't see the problem with cookies. You can also use something like CCleaner to delete your history from time to time.

But Opera has something I didn't see before, called Opera Turbo. If you are on a slow network, it can speed it up by downgrading the quality of images displayed on a web page and it actually works quite good. Only thing I miss in Opera is YoutubeDownloader from Firefox...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2011, 01:55 AM
(02-06-2011 01:11 AM)Filox Wrote:  Only thing I miss in Opera is YoutubeDownloader from Firefox...
There are plenty of applications and websites that can download youtube videos for you. I personally like xVideoServiceThief

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
02-06-2011, 03:29 AM
Well that did not last long. Back to Opera. Got all my bookmarks setup and found a bunch of great extensions. If you have not given Opera a chance then you definitely need to give it a shot.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2011, 04:29 AM
Yeah, I just remembered that I have something on Opera for downloading flash videos (Opera Widgets - FlashVideoDownloader), but Firefox did have it more simplified and of course, there was SnapShot, great ad-on for Firefox 3.6. But those are all small things, and I'm sure I could find a replacement ad-ons for Opera, but I just don't care for that now. I don't want to use any "other" applications, I want those things to be a part of my browser, one click and the job is done. OK, two clicks are acceptable also.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
02-06-2011, 04:43 AM
Just installed Chromium on my UBUNTU machine.
Whew! It IS a lot faster. I'm going to try that for a while!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
02-06-2011, 02:33 PM
I've got to say.....Opera is an amazing browser. Definitely need to give it a shot.
02-06-2011, 02:42 PM
I uninstalled Chromium again. It renders fast but had some unexplainable lag in the connection. The spell checker did not work as smooth as with FF (I can't live without it). I'll try opera sometime.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
02-06-2011, 03:04 PM

I'm going to check into Chromium and Opera. Safari sounds good too. Thank you all so much for your advice, links and recommendations. Especially with the personal experience, which helps a lot. Smile

Question, since I don't want to open another thread just for this. Did the Twinkies go to my head and I'm misremembering that if we posted an animated Avatar it would show as animated?

My present one is horses riding jockeys. And it's not moving, obviously. Which makes the jockeys backs hurt something fierce. Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Safari is great but they don't make importing bookmarks all that easier. And backing them up for that matter. That was the big reason I couldn't stick with it.
02-06-2011, 10:24 PM
(02-06-2011 03:04 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Question, since I don't want to open another thread just for this. Did the Twinkies go to my head and I'm misremembering that if we posted an animated Avatar it would show as animated?

My present one is horses riding jockeys. And it's not moving, obviously. Which makes the jockeys backs hurt something fierce. Tongue
Looks like i'ts working for Michael

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist