Looking for juice recipes that.....?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2016, 03:05 PM
Looking for juice recipes that.....?
1.... are for mood
2..... are for focus
3..... have a tropical flavor
4..... are berry/cherry/pomogranite flavored with out bing expensive.

at last going to be going on a short juice diet in may.. so anyting you through at me will help.. any advice as well

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: Looking for juice recipes that.....?
Mood and focus are improved by a healthy lifestyle.

Tropical flavours come from tropical foods.

Berries cherries and pomegranates are expensive.

Start by getting used to a basic juice. Apple/carrot/celery/spinach is an affordable, super nutritious, delicious juice. Remember that if you're juicing mostly fruit you're getting tons of sugar and short changing yourself on other nutrients. Your juice should be 75% vegetables or more. Start adding small amounts of other foods like beets, kale, orange, bell pepper, and whatever else you like.

Remember too, soft foods don't juice well. So forget about mangoes, bananas, peaches etc. Stick with fruits and veggies that are firm and not over-ripe.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
18-03-2016, 04:27 PM
(18-03-2016 03:05 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  any advice as well

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
18-03-2016, 04:48 PM
I'd throw in some protein too if you can like peanut butter (if you're not allergic) and maybe some dates to sweeten things up a bit if you've got a high speed blender and are making smoothies. I also usually throw in some kale along with fruit and ice. If you are making smoothies, usually you need a base liquid like coconut water, apple juice, or almond or dairy milk.
21-03-2016, 08:04 PM
Prune smoothie.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
22-03-2016, 01:02 AM
You guys know juice and smoothies are two very different things right? I mean smoothies are great, but require completely different equipment. Just sayin.

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
22-03-2016, 11:19 AM
(22-03-2016 01:02 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You guys know juice and smoothies are two very different things right? I mean smoothies are great, but require completely different equipment. Just sayin.

Masticating juicer for veggies (especially leafy greens and hard veggies), centrifugal juicer for citrus, blender for smoothies.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-03-2016, 08:55 AM
(22-03-2016 11:19 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 01:02 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You guys know juice and smoothies are two very different things right? I mean smoothies are great, but require completely different equipment. Just sayin.

Masticating juicer for veggies (especially leafy greens and hard veggies), centrifugal juicer for citrus, blender for smoothies.

Honestly smoothies are the only ones that you can use a multi-use appliance to make. Juicers juice that's it and as such sit on the back of the top shelf of most people cupboards being drug out maybe once a year.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
23-03-2016, 09:33 AM
(23-03-2016 08:55 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 11:19 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Masticating juicer for veggies (especially leafy greens and hard veggies), centrifugal juicer for citrus, blender for smoothies.

Honestly smoothies are the only ones that you can use a multi-use appliance to make. Juicers juice that's it and as such sit on the back of the top shelf of most people cupboards being drug out maybe once a year.

I've been juicing five+ times a week for more than two years. They STILL haven't made a juicer that's easy to clean. It's no wonder juicers get forgotten hey? Fuckin thing.

23-03-2016, 11:51 AM
(23-03-2016 09:33 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 08:55 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Honestly smoothies are the only ones that you can use a multi-use appliance to make. Juicers juice that's it and as such sit on the back of the top shelf of most people cupboards being drug out maybe once a year.

I've been juicing five+ times a week for more than two years. They STILL haven't made a juicer that's easy to clean. It's no wonder juicers get forgotten hey? Fuckin thing.

Mike Jeavons did a week on juicing; it showed why most people just can't be bothered with it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense