Looking for strategies to help cope with reality.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2012, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2012 11:28 AM by Flowergurl.)
RE: Looking for strategies to help cope with reality.
(02-10-2012 06:02 PM)amav.eram Wrote:  What strategies am I going to learn to deal with the situations where in the past I used God?
The other question I have is:
In what ways can I discover beauty, inspiration and passion without God?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? What has worked for you?
I am going through the same thing as you right now. I went from being in shock to starting to feel some of the internal pain you get when you are left with a very large void. It has been a particularly unpleasant experience because I am also severely missing a friend who lives a few provinces away. It just absolutely sucks and the only thing that will heal this is time and perhaps speaking with other agnostics/atheists. That is one thing that hurts the most during all of this, I can't even speak with my atheist friend about what I am going through. I mean, there's the Internet, but it isn't anywhere near the same. I am looking forward to an in person discussion about all of this. In the mean time, this forum has been such a huge help! I hope it helps you battle through the feelings and emotions you are going through.
To answer your second question, I think that life actually takes on an even more beautiful, inspiring meaning when you embrace atheism. Out of anywhere in the universe, we are alive! We are not only breathing, we are conscious and experiencing all these crazy cool things like happiness, love, creativity, excitement, etc. We are so unique! The fact that all of this very likely came out because of chance, is just mind blowing.
Also, with the knowledge that everything is so temporal and that death is likely very final, life just holds so much more meaning. This is our day and time to make our mark on the world and live an amazing life.
I find that part very inspiring and beautiful indeed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Flowergurl's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for strategies to help cope with reality. - Flowergurl - 22-12-2012 11:25 AM