Looks like Trump's visit to the UK is off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2017, 11:34 AM
RE: Looks like Trump's visit to the UK is off
(14-06-2017 10:20 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 09:47 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  So you admit you're a fucking idiot.

Nope. Just take a look around. The world is a fucked up place. ISIS. Gangs. Nut job mass shooters. Robbers. Has any politician figured this out? Does any government truly protect it's people? The world just seems hell bent on violence and there doesn't seem to be any hope. So I'll support the party that at least gives me a chance to not be a sitting duck to protect myself and my family. In this fucked up world, guns rights are all we have. It's sad it's come to that but it has.

Guess what Snowflake, we all live on the same planet, and most of the modern functional democracies do a pretty good job of protecting most of their people. And their citizens have learned to trust their institutions, but hold their politicians accountable. And these people find ways of resolving conflicts without resorting to "second amendment solutions". And most of us manage to deal with this "fucked up place" well enough, so no, that's not "all we have".

I take it back. You're not a snowflake
You're a wuss, a scaredy-cat, a chicken.
"Home of the brave?" Ha!!
More like home of the fucking terrified!
"Nothing to fear but fear itself?" Well, you're way past that point now.

Mind you, I don't blame you entirely for your paranoid/terrified state: your politicians and Faux news channels have done a brilliant job of manipulating you into a "stranger=danger" mindset, with everyone slightly different as the stranger, so that you can blame minorities and the poor for rising inequality, instead of the banksters and the 1%.

Only YOUR world (the USA) seems hell-bent on violence, because that's how it's being portrayed to you, FOR A VERY SPECIFIC REASON.

The idea is that if you keep 'em scared and confused (and divided!), they won't dare get ANGRY!

You. are. being. played.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Reducetarian's post
14-06-2017, 11:47 AM
(14-06-2017 11:34 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 10:20 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Nope. Just take a look around. The world is a fucked up place. ISIS. Gangs. Nut job mass shooters. Robbers. Has any politician figured this out? Does any government truly protect it's people? The world just seems hell bent on violence and there doesn't seem to be any hope. So I'll support the party that at least gives me a chance to not be a sitting duck to protect myself and my family. In this fucked up world, guns rights are all we have. It's sad it's come to that but it has.

Guess what Snowflake, we all live on the same planet, and most of the modern functional democracies do a pretty good job of protecting most of their people. And their citizens have learned to trust their institutions, but hold their politicians accountable. And these people find ways of resolving conflicts without resorting to "second amendment solutions". And most of us manage to deal with this "fucked up place" well enough, so no, that's not "all we have".

Mind you, I don't blame you entirely for your paranoid/terrified state: your politicians and Faux news channels have done a brilliant job of manipulating you into a "stranger=danger" mindset, with everyone slightly different as the stranger, so that you can blame minorities and the poor for rising inequality, instead of the banksters and the 1%.

Only YOUR world (the USA) seems hell-bent on violence, because that's how it's being portrayed to you, FOR A VERY SPECIFIC REASON.

The idea is that if you keep 'em scared and confused (and divided!), they won't dare get ANGRY!

You. are. being. played.

I'm going to respond to this in one of the active gun threads out of respect for the OP. We are going off topic.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
14-06-2017, 11:59 AM
(14-06-2017 11:47 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 11:34 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  Guess what Snowflake, we all live on the same planet, and most of the modern functional democracies do a pretty good job of protecting most of their people. And their citizens have learned to trust their institutions, but hold their politicians accountable. And these people find ways of resolving conflicts without resorting to "second amendment solutions". And most of us manage to deal with this "fucked up place" well enough, so no, that's not "all we have".

You. are. being. played.

I'm going to respond to this in one of the active gun threads out of respect for the OP. We are going off topic.

Except that this isn't about guns, per se.
It's about inducing fear and manipulating law-abiding citizens.
Gun sales (and most of the resulting gun violence) are an expression of that fear.

And if somehow you managed to eliminate the guns, you'd still be stuck with the fear, and the violence it generates.
Ask the Hutus and the Tutsis about that.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 6 users Like Reducetarian's post
15-06-2017, 01:54 AM
(14-06-2017 10:20 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Nope. Just take a look around. The world is a fucked up place. ISIS. Gangs. Nut job mass shooters. Robbers. Has any politician figured this out? Does any government truly protect it's people? The world just seems hell bent on violence and there doesn't seem to be any hope. So I'll support the party that at least gives me a chance to not be a sitting duck to protect myself and my family. In this fucked up world, guns rights are all we have. It's sad it's come to that but it has.

Translation: I've got mine, fuck everyone else.

There has to come a point when you realize you are the bad-guy from an 80's action movie, right? You do know that, right? I'm half expecting younger and saner versions of Mel Gibson and Danny Glover to kick down your door and whoop your ass while spouting quippy one liners.

Just sayin'...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-06-2017, 06:29 PM
(14-06-2017 10:20 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 09:47 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  So you admit you're a fucking idiot.

Nope. Just take a look around. The world is a fucked up place. ISIS. Gangs. Nut job mass shooters. Robbers. Has any politician figured this out? Does any government truly protect it's people? The world just seems hell bent on violence and there doesn't seem to be any hope. So I'll support the party that at least gives me a chance to not be a sitting duck to protect myself and my family. In this fucked up world, guns rights are all we have. It's sad it's come to that but it has.

What a bunch of bullshit; the DNC isn't trying to take away your precious gun. It's such a bullshit scare tactic that derps like you fall for. Just because the DNC doesn't think you should be able to buy ANY gun you want as easily as you buy a goddamn hamburger doesn't mean you can't have one.

Also, based on your posts, I don't believe for a second you're a one issue voter; otherwise you wouldn't defend The Donald like he's your lord and savior.
[+] 4 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
16-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Don't know which trump thread to put this in but this one seems as good as any of the others. Patti Lupone on donald trump. You tell em Patti! Bowing

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
17-06-2017, 10:42 AM
(16-06-2017 07:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Don't know which trump thread to put this in but this one seems as good as any of the others. Patti Lupone on donald trump. You tell em Patti! Bowing

Damn. That Patrick LuPone guy is mad. "Because I hate the mother fucker." So much anger.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
17-06-2017, 08:40 PM
(14-06-2017 10:20 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ...

Oh! I've just noticed this comment.

So those people who chided me for calling Murika a 'fear culture' ... Pah! Is what I say.

LDH,
That comment is worthy of a JW's sale's pitch:

"Ooooh! The sky is falling. Read this WatchTower"

To which my response was "Here's Professor Pinker's The Better Angels of our Nature. Now, start enjoying your life".

You've signed up to the wrong social contract... the one drafted by the people who make and sell the fear and the hopelessness and of course, the guns... the one that perpetuates the myth that frontier justice is the only justice.

You can escape it. But first you have to realise that it's a state of mind... your mind.

The next step is learn to recognise the salesmen (Duterte, Trump, The Reverend Samuel Parris, The NRA etc.) and learn to laugh at them.

Which, to bring this back on topic, is why the Brits laugh at Trump and think him unworthy of a state visit.

Yes

[+] 16 users Like DLJ's post
17-06-2017, 09:01 PM

Wow. The world is in much better shape now than it ever was. Try living in the middle ages. Try living a couple hundred years ago.

The world has always been fucked up, but it is a lot less fucked up now than it used to be.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 9 users Like Dom's post
17-06-2017, 09:26 PM
(17-06-2017 08:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 10:20 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ...

Oh! I've just noticed this comment.

So those people who chided me for calling Murika a 'fear culture' ... Pah! Is what I say.

LDH,
That comment is worthy of a JW's sale's pitch:

"Ooooh! The sky is falling. Read this WatchTower"

To which my response was "Here's Professor Pinker' The Better Angels of our Nature. Now, start enjoying your life".

You've signed up to the wrong social contract... the one drafted by the people who make and sell the fear and the hopelessness and of course, the guns... the one that perpetuates the myth that frontier justice is the only justice.

You can escape it. But first you have to realise that it's a state of mind... your mind.

The next step is learn to recognise the salesmen (Duterte, Trump, The Reverend Samuel Parris etc.) and learn to laugh at them.

Which, to bring this back on topic, is why the Brits laugh at Trump and think him unworthy of a state visit.

Yes

One would not have to reach far afield to determine which way he would have responded for volunteers for Torquemada's ministrations. Drinking Beverage

Would that more people would open their minds and actually read Professor Pinker's The Better Angels of our Nature
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post