Looks like Val Kilmer is gonna kill himself with "Christian Science..."

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2017, 04:04 PM
Which essentially is the positon that prayer and good thoughts are going to get rid of his tongue cancer.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/sp...spartandhp

I have shaken my head far too much these past few days.

Facepalm

Honestly, I hope he heals up. I wouldn't attribute the random healing of his cancer to prayer if it did go away though. Regardless, it is foolish ideologies like these that genuinely have the capacity to trick people into putting either themselves, or others, in mortal danger.

SMH

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Cosmo's post
06-08-2017, 05:12 PM
RE: Looks like Val Kilmer is gonna kill himself with "Christian Science..."
Darwin Award.

Sad...

But...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-08-2017, 10:03 PM
He played a shitty Batman anyways.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
06-08-2017, 11:03 PM
Top Secret was funny.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
06-08-2017, 11:05 PM
Such screwed up beliefs. God has the power to heal people from the ailments it allowed them to receive; but it will only do so if you point them out and beg. And even then, only sometimes.

God has a plan which is beyond our understanding! It knows what is best for us. But then they plead with it to change that plan.

Whatever God wills, that's what will happen. It was already aware of everything that's going to happen when it created the universe. So prayer is simply hoping that a certain thing will happen. This is no different from an atheist saying they hope he gets better. Which, of course, I do. But I'm not expressing it in the form of pleading with some celestial dictator to stop being such a cunt for five minutes.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
06-08-2017, 11:27 PM
(06-08-2017 11:03 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Top Secret was funny.

I know a little German.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 2 users Like treefireguy's post
07-08-2017, 01:45 AM
Let's assume that this guy, like most religious people, thinks that God agrees with him about what you need to do to get into heaven.

Why would he want the cancer cured? He wants God to delay his passage to the vastly superior life waiting for him? Why? This would seem like a perfect loophole, since you can't be blamed for contracting cancer.

It seems like he doesn't really believe he's going anywhere at all when he dies.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
07-08-2017, 03:42 AM
It will be one fool less. Nothing to cry over.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
07-08-2017, 04:32 AM
Taking it further:

He doesn't really believe he's going anywhere, but he does believe in this God enough to risk his life by putting his faith in prayer. So what does he actually believe? This God is real, but that it won't follow through on its promise to take him to heaven when he dies?

It's so hard to understand how people can cope with all this shit in their heads.

[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
07-08-2017, 05:48 AM
Quote:Such screwed up beliefs. God has the power to heal people from the ailments it allowed them to receive; but it will only do so if you point them out and beg. And even then, only sometimes.

This

(07-08-2017 01:45 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Let's assume that this guy, like most religious people, thinks that God agrees with him about what you need to do to get into heaven.

Why would he want the cancer cured? He wants God to delay his passage to the vastly superior life waiting for him? Why? This would seem like a perfect loophole, since you can't be blamed for contracting cancer.

It seems like he doesn't really believe he's going anywhere at all when he dies.

And this.

It's amazing how some people can't follow their thoughts to their own logical conclusions. I do suspect sometimes that deep down religious people know that there's nothing waiting for them after death. It may be subconscious, perhaps even an innate, almost animalistic knowledge that death is not beneficial. But I still think it's there in every sentient life form, or why would conscious beings go to such great lengths to avoid it for as long as they can?

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post