Looks like it is cancer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Looks like it is cancer
Fuck...
So, for those who might have read the Paranoia-game thread around two days ago, I left the game since my grandmother had a tumor and wanted time to think over that. However, the tests were not back yet, so I didn't know if it was cancer or just "dud". Unfortunately, the tests are back, and woop-de-fecking-doo, we got more of that shitty cancer, which makes it incident nr.3 in my family since year 2000.
Urgh.

Well, the good side of it is that she takes it well and keeps calm about it. Treatment begins in three weeks, and she's going the get laser treatment and BBQ that tumor. Still, it sucks that she has to go through it, and I don't know how well she will be after treatment.

I swear, my family is a fucking cancer pez-dispenser.

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2013, 01:23 PM
RE: Looks like it is cancer
Sorry man. Hope that ol' tumor gets properly grilled.
30-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Cook that fucker then kick it in the balls!

I LOVE seeing cancer get kicked in the balls.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
30-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Grilling it tends to be a great solution. I am sure you'll be supporting her - go grandma!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-09-2013, 01:59 PM
There are some things I didn't mention. First of all, it's esophageal cancer*, so right now the bigger worry is how she is going to able to eat. She had to go to the hospital recently just in order to eat at all. So right now that is the bigger issue.

Secondly, since she isn't up for working with what she used to before, I've picked up her work out in the garden. I'm "lucky" she was fine during the summer since I needed her help there with the firewood. Winter will be up soon and there won't be much to do other than getting rid of snow.

Third, would like to adress to Aaron (TheGulegon), that I'm sorry I didn't respond when you asked about the cancer issue. It's just that I don't like to talk about it since there isn't much else to say than she is having problems eating, and that treatment begins in three weeks. It's pretty similar the last time when my mother got it, I didn't talk about it and never cried or anything (I was 12 when that happened).

Zat is all, good day.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esophageal_cancer

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
03-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Cancer just fucking sucks...

I hope all goes well and that you grandmother is able to tolerate the treatments without too many other issues.

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
04-09-2013, 04:25 AM
Cancer indeed fucking sucks. I hope the best for your grandmother, man. My dad goes in for surgery in the morning for removal of kidney cancer, I know how you feel about cancer running rampant in the family. It isn't a good feeling at all.

More than anything people just need to know someone is there for them, I'm sure she appreciates you more than you know.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
04-09-2013, 05:05 AM
Cancer is an asshole. I'm sorry your and your family are having to go through this again. Sad
04-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Sorry your family has to go throught this. Several of my family members have had lung cancer. It really sucks.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
04-09-2013, 12:19 PM
(04-09-2013 05:05 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Cancer is an asshole.

Surely that's only colon cancer?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post