Loopholes

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Loopholes
Can everyone tell me the loopholes you all see in christianity? I need arguments to help support me in debates with christians. I know of some but I want to see what you all have to say.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2010, 08:43 AM

RE: Loopholes
But seriously.

What you are asking is rather difficult. As what it means to be Christian is quite vague. It will really come down to what the particular Christian your debating with, is believing at the time.

You can encounter 'Christians' who believe Jesus wasn't real, but was merely the manifestation of the divine spirit, and that's it.

Or you can encounter the hardcore Christian fundamentals that we are so fond of. You know the ones that will try to kill you if you so much as object to the idea that the world isn't flat.

And everything in between.

I'm certain that I could supply you with general principles to argue from, but without specific things to argue against, I may as well be fighting with the air.
Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2010, 08:55 AM
? I am omega21 a college student from KY. Not Martin. Please keep to the topic.
27-04-2010, 09:00 AM

Ah, I edited my post, but what I had been pertaining to, was for Martin to come here and post something for me to try and refute, thus allowing you 'in action' loopholes or something of the sort, to work from.
27-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Yeah I agree with the fact that with so many different branches of christianity that it is very vague as to what the definition of a christian is. Lets change the topic to maybe pertaining to things that are contradictive or false by common sense.
27-04-2010, 09:31 AM

Again it really depends on what the particular brand of Christianity your arguing against is.

Most, and I say that loosely, seem to believe that the bible is 'true' though. So, I suppose that'd be a good place to start off.

Here's a favorite of mine:

The world is a flat circular disc, covered by a crystal/ice dome.
27-04-2010, 12:01 PM

well rather than asking for for contradictions to use as question they need to explain. it would be better to ask questions about vague things that cant really be answered in the bible.

for instance ask what is jesus then give them 2 responses a human or a divine creature and depending on their answer branch of in. if he is a divine creature doesnt that conflict with the monotheistic status are you saying that, they will be tongstricken i imagine. or he is a human than how can he perform miracles. watch them suffer make sure they dont try to sneak in divine creature. than say i know that parting of the red sea part is due to high and low tide moon orbit and other factors so the miracle was plausable.(to say you believe in the possibility might put them at ease again). Moses was a human right ,he got that information from god right. but couldnt he just as easily observed that phenomenon himself.(ignore their no) and couldnt that also hold for jesus. so your saying he is human and are impying that science is the foundation of the miracles. bring this to their attention Smile

that might create some doubt and throw them off balance and then you hit them with some more. trick is, i think is to bait them with agreeing with a statement than asking whether they are sure, they know what they are agreeing to. try to make a calm patient all knowing impression. so they think they have no where to go to and might not fall into just because as easily because they arent getting emotional as fast if you press the issue.

look around the forum for inspiration. plenty of tongstrickening things lying around. just remember you are fishing, they need to nibble and than you reel them in. be calm and patient. and hopefully they will resist at first but then give up once they realise they are stuck in a net. thats my recommended methodology.
27-04-2010, 01:24 PM

"Than say i know that parting of the red sea part is due to high and low tide moon orbit and other factors so the miracle was plausible."

...What?
27-04-2010, 01:36 PM

ok bad syntax i'll break it down for the robot here.

than say, i know that the parting of the red sea is due to high and low tide, moon orbit and other factors, so the miracle was plausible.

is that legible for you ?
if not think moses and ancient egypt and the phrase let my people go
27-04-2010, 01:38 PM
No, it wasn't plausible. Tidal forces cannot open a body of water that size and hold a corridor wide enough for people to walk across in that position for the incredible length of time that it would take to get from one shore to the other.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user