Loopholes

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-04-2010, 05:10 PM

RE: Loopholes
People, People, People... It is all a waste of time. It is more plausible for anything to happen than a miracle. And since you leave God out of the equation, there can be no miracle. So stop wasting your time trying to figure out could it have happened using science.
Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2010, 05:25 PM
As an aside, martin, what do you think of the flood story? Do you think that there is evidence for its occurrence? If so, what? If not, why not?

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2010, 05:43 PM

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...30#pid3530

Post #20 has little to do with science. On the other hand, it has everything to do with deductive reasoning.
27-04-2010, 06:14 PM

(27-04-2010 05:25 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  As an aside, martin, what do you think of the flood story? Do you think that there is evidence for its occurrence? If so, what? If not, why not?

Do I think it happened yes. Funny you say it today as there another group that claimed they found Noah's ark. You are supposed to be a critical free thinker Google it and see what the other side says, trust me they won't take away your atheist card if you go on those sites, then compare it to what people who don't believe it happened say. Try and do it with an unbiased mind, if that is possible.
(27-04-2010 08:21 AM)omega21 Wrote:  Can everyone tell me the loopholes you all see in christianity? I need arguments to help support me in debates with christians. I know of some but I want to see what you all have to say.

I don't think you know what "loophole" means. If you mean Loophole the way the true meaning is then people are responding wrong.
27-04-2010, 06:37 PM

Ya I allowed for the possibility of translation issues, giving that his native language is Dutch. I basically just ran with 'loophole' as meaning 'flawed'.

Edit: My apologizes, I was under the impression that Ulfrak had begun the thread. Either way, I still think that it was a typo.
27-04-2010, 06:49 PM

(27-04-2010 12:01 PM)ulfark Wrote:  well rather than asking for for contradictions to use as question they need to explain. it would be better to ask questions about vague things that cant really be answered in the bible.

for instance ask what is jesus then give them 2 responses a human or a divine creature and depending on their answer branch of in. if he is a divine creature doesnt that conflict with the monotheistic status are you saying that, they will be tongstricken i imagine. or he is a human than how can he perform miracles. watch them suffer make sure they dont try to sneak in divine creature. than say i know that parting of the red sea part is due to high and low tide moon orbit and other factors so the miracle was plausable.(to say you believe in the possibility might put them at ease again). Moses was a human right ,he got that information from god right. but couldnt he just as easily observed that phenomenon himself.(ignore their no) and couldnt that also hold for jesus. so your saying he is human and are impying that science is the foundation of the miracles. bring this to their attention Smile

that might create some doubt and throw them off balance and then you hit them with some more. trick is, i think is to bait them with agreeing with a statement than asking whether they are sure, they know what they are agreeing to. try to make a calm patient all knowing impression. so they think they have no where to go to and might not fall into just because as easily because they arent getting emotional as fast if you press the issue.

look around the forum for inspiration. plenty of tongstrickening things lying around. just remember you are fishing, they need to nibble and than you reel them in. be calm and patient. and hopefully they will resist at first but then give up once they realise they are stuck in a net. thats my recommended methodology.

Your comments about Jesus show your ignorance! People... you don't have to agree with the other persons position when you argue a point, BUT you have to understand and have researched it enough to refute it.

"then give them 2 responses a human or a divine creature and depending on their answer branch of in. if he is a divine creature doesnt that conflict with the monotheistic status are you saying that, they will be tongstricken i imagine. or he is a human than how can he perform miracles."

You making the above comment would be the equivalent of me saying "The people from Dane are foolish people, they believe a boy put a finger in a lesbian and that saved a town" How may things are wrong with that comment? What if I made that comment and tried to argue with you how stupid the the people from "Denmarkia" are? Those comments that I made are the equivalent of the majority of comments on this site.

And what happens is I would argue and use Wikipedia as my source "Dyke is slang terminology referring to a lesbian" and how could a boy put a finger in a lesbian and save a town? And since no one saw the boy how do you know it wasn't a lesbian? Do you see how ridiculous that is? But that is what I have to put up with on this site all the time.
27-04-2010, 06:55 PM

"You are supposed to be a critical free thinker Google it and see what the other side says, trust me they won't take away your atheist card if you go on those sites, then compare it to what people who don't believe it happened say. Try and do it with an unbiased mind, if that is possible." -Martin

Yes, and you are supposed to be a bigoted, paranoid, and delusional Christian. Glad you're living up to the standard.

....Seriously, do you think we can stop constantly making personal jibes at one another?
Also, I don't really think that Jesus being part of the divine conflicts at all. After all, it's clearly a polytheistic religion.
I just searched out that information you commented on. Noahs ark being found and such. Although I am very interested in seeing how this develops, I'm currently skeptical by both the informations primary source: Fox News. As well as the way that the information is presented. I will definitely look forward to further developments of this discovery though; thanks for sharing.
27-04-2010, 07:03 PM
(27-04-2010 06:14 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Do I think it happened yes.

Why?

Quote:Funny you say it today as there another group that claimed they found Noah's ark.

Yeah. So what? People have been claiming that they found Noah's ark for years. Every single time, it's been exposed as false almost immediately afterward. Let me know when it's been declared official.

Quote:You are supposed to be a critical free thinker Google it and see what the other side says

I have. What the "other side" says is crap, plain and simple. If you think it isn't, could you explain why?

And about your post responding to Ceryle, simply saying "You're an idiot" means nothing. If you want to defend Christianity, try to actually build an argument rather than insulting people.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2010, 07:13 PM

Oh, I found a video link connecting to footage of the 'evangelical explorers' exploring the narrow and cramped corridors and two or so small wooden rooms. Considering its location and approximated date of construction, my first impression is that it is a temple.
27-04-2010, 07:37 PM

(27-04-2010 06:55 PM)Ceryle Wrote:  "You are supposed to be a critical free thinker Google it and see what the other side says, trust me they won't take away your atheist card if you go on those sites, then compare it to what people who don't believe it happened say. Try and do it with an unbiased mind, if that is possible." -Martin

Yes, and you are supposed to be a bigoted, paranoid, and delusional Christian. Glad you're living up to the standard.

....Seriously, do you think we can stop constantly making personal jibes at one another?
Also, I don't really think that Jesus being part of the divine conflicts at all. After all, it's clearly a polytheistic religion.
I just searched out that information you commented on. Noahs ark being found and such. Although I am very interested in seeing how this develops, I'm currently skeptical by both the informations primary source: Fox News. As well as the way that the information is presented. I will definitely look forward to further developments of this discovery though; thanks for sharing.

You view it as a jab because it is true. It is not a jab, in a debate, or an argument, the opposition in football game, another company at work, LEARN THE OTHER SIDES POSITION!!!! Really not that hard.