Loopholes

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-04-2010, 08:44 PM

RE: Loopholes
Quote:...atheists want to tell young Ceryle how many mistakes he made?

None.

Good job, Ceryle! Smile
Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2010, 08:45 PM

(27-04-2010 08:32 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(27-04-2010 08:11 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Didn't say he was an idiot said he was ignorant. Do I need to Wikipedia the definitions for you.

You'll excuse me if I think that this

(27-04-2010 06:49 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  You making the above comment would be the equivalent of me saying "The people from Dane are foolish people, they believe a boy put a finger in a lesbian and that saved a town" How may things are wrong with that comment? What if I made that comment and tried to argue with you how stupid the the people from "Denmarkia" are? Those comments that I made are the equivalent of the majority of comments on this site.

And what happens is I would argue and use Wikipedia as my source "Dyke is slang terminology referring to a lesbian" and how could a boy put a finger in a lesbian and save a town? And since no one saw the boy how do you know it wasn't a lesbian? Do you see how ridiculous that is? But that is what I have to put up with on this site all the time.

goes a little beyond calling someone "ignorant".

Quote:As far as the Noah's arc story I said ANOTHER group. Did I put any credence in it?

As you presented it, I would assume that you did.

If I made those comments, would you call me ignorant? Of course you would you might even call me Asshat. I am telling you that is the level of knowledge(is that more positive, wouldn't want to hurt feelings) that I see of the Bible on this site. Which is FINE YOU ARE ATHEISTS!!!! Just don't claim to know something you don't!
(27-04-2010 08:44 PM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  
Quote:...atheists want to tell young Ceryle how many mistakes he made?

None.

Good job, Ceryle! Smile

Figures! SO Super here is an easy one, since you know the Bible so well, show me where MOSES built an Ark! Like I said, don't claim you know something when you don't. "It is better to be silent and have people think you are foolish than open your mouth and confirm it" So I gave you guys the easiest one, anyone of you find another one of his mistakes?
27-04-2010, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2010 08:55 PM by Unbeliever.)
(27-04-2010 08:37 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Congratulations! You made my point about how little you know about the Bible. Anyone of you critically thinking, know both sides of the argument, have researched it many times, it's a bunch of bullocks, atheists want to tell young Ceryle how many mistakes he made?

Seeing as I don't see any, I can't very well do that, can I?
Except one thing. Ceryle, you left out how there are multiple versions of most of these stories. For example, Noah is said to have brought seven of each animal whose species was "clean" onto the ark at one point, plus two of the species that were "unclean".

Genesis 7:2-3, KJV Wrote:2Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

3Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

(27-04-2010 08:45 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  If I made those comments, would you call me ignorant?

Which comments? The ones you put in your post or the ones you were responding to? If the latter, show how they were ignorant. Don't just assert. It gets you nowhere, and serves only to make you look like an arrogant fool.

Quote:Of course you would you might even call me Asshat.

If I recall, the poster who made that post (kid1337, I think he called himself) disappeared immediately afterward. You're projecting. No one here indicated that they supported what he said or did.

Quote:I am telling you that is the level of knowledge(is that more positive, wouldn't want to hurt feelings) that I see of the Bible on this site. Which is FINE YOU ARE ATHEISTS!!!! Just don't claim to know something you don't!

Don't claim that we got something wrong and then refuse to explain exactly how we got it wrong.

Quote:Figures! SO Super here is and easy one, since you know the Bible so well, show me where MOSES built an Ark!

Huh. You know, honestly, I expected something more substantial from you, martin, given how you act as if you know the True Meaning Of The Bible.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2010, 08:55 PM

(Laughter) Oh dear, I can't help but laugh at the blunder I made. Yes Moses made 'A' ark, the ark to carry the commandments; he clearly didn't construct the ARK that carried the organisms through the Flood; that was Noah. Truly, how foolish. ^_^
27-04-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:Figures! SO Super here is an easy one, since you know the Bible so well, show me where MOSES built an Ark! Like I said, don't claim you know something when you don't. "It is better to be silent and have people think you are foolish than open your mouth and confirm it"

Exodus 25:10 - Ark of the Covenant...

Who thinks I'm foolish? Anyone? Smile
27-04-2010, 08:57 PM

27-04-2010, 09:00 PM

But, you were talking about Noah's ark to begin with, martin...Noah's ark and the Ark of the Covenant are TWO DIFFERENT ARKS (last I checked)...

If this is the best you can do to argue your points, YOU are the one not trying hard enough.
27-04-2010, 09:01 PM

(27-04-2010 08:56 PM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  
Quote:Figures! SO Super here is an easy one, since you know the Bible so well, show me where MOSES built an Ark! Like I said, don't claim you know something when you don't. "It is better to be silent and have people think you are foolish than open your mouth and confirm it"

Exodus 25:10 - Ark of the Covenant...

Who thinks I'm foolish? Anyone? Smile

Superrrrr.....Did the Ark of the Covenant carry animalllllssssss.....Or the Ten commandments. So to answer your question, yes I think your foolish. NOBODY can get mad at me, he asked a question about being foolish!
27-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Point out the mistakes yourself, martin. The problem with the "mysterious" routine you're pulling is that there is absolutely difference between what you've said and what someone with no case would say. And, given your past behavior on the site, it isn't too much of a stretch to believe that you don't have a case.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2010, 09:09 PM

Other than a few technical errors, such as saying Moses instead of Noah, which one might say is quite a big mistake, I still think that it stands as a fairly good nutshell wrap up of Christianity.
[+] 1 user Likes Ceryle's post