Looting in Dublin?!?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2018, 04:37 PM
Looting in Dublin?!?!
So Ireland has snow.
Ireland also had a blizzard (a small one)
Ireland also had a curfew

I think storm Emma? Anyway...
People are going fucking nuts.
First every shop sold out on bread and milk. Like... You never buy bread and milk but because there is snow, now you buy all of it...
When I heard that we will have lots of snow, snow is rare in Ireland, I was like "oh ok.,.. well snow it is then"
Then my friend told me I should buy some food because people are going crazy and they buy everything.
So I went to Lidl which was almost sold out and I stood in line for the cashier for a long fucking time. The queue was through half the store, and Lidl is big.
Then I heard that there will be a curfew in place. So I am like "wtf is going on... It's just a little bit of snow, chill out Ireland!"
But I am a good citizen, so I went to the closest store to my house, got me some water and vegetables. Stood in line forever again because everybody had to buy everything apparently - especially bread wtf.
Memes and photos started to pop up on my social media how all stores are sold out on bread and milk but nothing else. But soon after EVERYTHING was sold out.
Well I sat at home all cozy and shit. Looking out of my window once in a blue moon and otherwise ignoring it all.

But just now, couple hours ago, reports started coming up that people are vandalizing and looting. Come on... it's just a bit of fucking snow, will you chill out!
And by the way, apparently Gardai (Irish police) are so swamped with work that now the military is being called in to help where the Gardai cannot attend. This is crazy!

So I understand that due to the fact that there is snow like every 8 years or so, Ireland is simply not prepared to handle it. No snow tyres or chains, not a lot of plows, almost no salt for the streets, etc. So I get it. Our level of snow isn't much but the impact is higher because of the circumstances. But still, what the fuck is going on with people right now?!?!

Anyway here is a news article about the looting
https://lovindublin.com/news/breaking-lo...-called-in

Darth Vader
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
02-03-2018, 04:46 PM
RE: Looting in Dublin?!?!
(02-03-2018 04:37 PM)Leerob Wrote:  But still, what the fuck is going on with people right now?!?!

The sky is falling!!!!
GaspGaspGaspGaspGaspHobo
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
02-03-2018, 05:42 PM
So the bread and milk thing is universal?? lol
I thought that was a New England thing. Smile

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: beb1339cfc76b95693fe0fd59c12ec05.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
02-03-2018, 06:02 PM
(02-03-2018 05:42 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  So the bread and milk thing is universal?? lol
I thought that was a New England thing. Smile

I'm surprised toilet paper doesn't make the list.

That's what our stores usually run out of when the flakes fall.

Rob, hang in there.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-03-2018, 06:15 PM
It’s not a curfew. Peolple were advised not to travel due to possible heavy snow. In my area we have snow drifts of up to a meter, other areas are completly cut off by drifts of up to 2 meters. The last time we had it this bad was back in 1982. As for the idiots doing the looting, the guys who smashed the wall of the shop were after the night safe - they used the digger to lift the safe and take it away. They know the police are busy rescuing gobshites who did not heed government advice and got trapped in their cars etc... the looters are opportunistic scum bags who saw a chance to steal stuff. The army are being used to get to inaccessible towns and villages etc.. in this case they helped the police to respond to a serious incident.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
02-03-2018, 06:31 PM
(02-03-2018 04:37 PM)Leerob Wrote:  So Ireland has snow.
Ireland also had a blizzard (a small one)
Ireland also had a curfew

I think storm Emma? Anyway...
People are going fucking nuts.
First every shop sold out on bread and milk. Like... You never buy bread and milk but because there is snow, now you buy all of it...
When I heard that we will have lots of snow, snow is rare in Ireland, I was like "oh ok.,.. well snow it is then"
Then my friend told me I should buy some food because people are going crazy and they buy everything.
So I went to Lidl which was almost sold out and I stood in line for the cashier for a long fucking time. The queue was through half the store, and Lidl is big.
Then I heard that there will be a curfew in place. So I am like "wtf is going on... It's just a little bit of snow, chill out Ireland!"
But I am a good citizen, so I went to the closest store to my house, got me some water and vegetables. Stood in line forever again because everybody had to buy everything apparently - especially bread wtf.
Memes and photos started to pop up on my social media how all stores are sold out on bread and milk but nothing else. But soon after EVERYTHING was sold out.
Well I sat at home all cozy and shit. Looking out of my window once in a blue moon and otherwise ignoring it all.

But just now, couple hours ago, reports started coming up that people are vandalizing and looting. Come on... it's just a bit of fucking snow, will you chill out!
And by the way, apparently Gardai (Irish police) are so swamped with work that now the military is being called in to help where the Gardai cannot attend. This is crazy!

So I understand that due to the fact that there is snow like every 8 years or so, Ireland is simply not prepared to handle it. No snow tyres or chains, not a lot of plows, almost no salt for the streets, etc. So I get it. Our level of snow isn't much but the impact is higher because of the circumstances. But still, what the fuck is going on with people right now?!?!

Anyway here is a news article about the looting
https://lovindublin.com/news/breaking-lo...-called-in

I'm from Canada.

You have no idea how hard I am laughing at Dublin right now. Jumping out the upstairs window onto a snowbank, and then shoveling down to dig out the front door happens quite often. Driving while guessing where the road actually MIGHT be is normal. And we do all this at 40 below, and we don't give a fuck, got a heater in my truck, and I'm off to the rodeo.

Cool

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
02-03-2018, 07:57 PM
@ Marozz:
Fair enough with the curfew and so on.
But you have to admit that things are a little crazy right now.
I knew about the safe. But it is kinda crazy to me that they need the military to help out at this point.
Also wow 2 meters of snow?!
I sunk into the snow to my ankle, so that is far from 1-2 meters. I just hate the gusts of wind where you can't shield your face because the snow comes from all directions.

@ Free:
Yes, Canadians can laugh. But at least in Canada that's normal and people know it and are somewhat prepared. Ireland is not that way. The last time it snowed and it stayed down was in 2011 I think. So people go crazy while I just sit at home face palming.

Darth Vader
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post