Losing my atheism...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2014, 08:57 AM
Losing my atheism...?
Ok, not really, I still don't believe in supernatural beings. I am starting to think I live under someone possessed by Satan though! Seriously, I never believed in the concept of "evil" before I dealt with this person.

She acted nice for the first 2 or 3 months after we moved in, then when we figured out that she was lying about each of us rooommates to the other one and turning us against each other she switched off the nice guy act. She has flat out stated that she hates us and will do anything she can do drive us out. So far she has ripped out my established vegetable garden, stalked us (ongoing), screamed unprovoked obscenities at us (also ongoing), and now, possibly, kidnapped my cat. Oh, and she is somehow able to listen in on private conversations held quietly within our suite (something her husband and the manager both know about but admit they don't know how) and used that information.

She's just so cold and calculating and...evil! There's no other word for it. I've written about her here before. When she was nice she was very pushy about her Christianity and I came here for advice on how to handle it. We know she was raised first as a Catholic. We think she's now with a Baptist church. I actually sought out her pastor after the garden was destroyed in the hopes that he could talk her down but he was on vacation.

FYI: We know she's breaking the law, several, but so far the local police haven't done anything for some reason. This may end up in court because we weren't warned about her before we moved in. She had apparently turned on other tenants as well and driven them out. The husband is too frightened of her to do anything even though, as a landlord, it's his responsibility to ensure his tenants can use what they pay for. This whole thing is a mess.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yellowwoodstraveler's post
03-08-2014, 09:23 AM
RE: Losing my atheism...?
(03-08-2014 08:57 AM)yellowwoodstraveler Wrote:  Ok, not really, I still don't believe in supernatural beings. I am starting to think I live under someone possessed by Satan though! Seriously, I never believed in the concept of "evil" before I dealt with this person.

She acted nice for the first 2 or 3 months after we moved in, then when we figured out that she was lying about each of us rooommates to the other one and turning us against each other she switched off the nice guy act. She has flat out stated that she hates us and will do anything she can do drive us out. So far she has ripped out my established vegetable garden, stalked us (ongoing), screamed unprovoked obscenities at us (also ongoing), and now, possibly, kidnapped my cat. Oh, and she is somehow able to listen in on private conversations held quietly within our suite (something her husband and the manager both know about but admit they don't know how) and used that information.

She's just so cold and calculating and...evil! There's no other word for it. I've written about her here before. When she was nice she was very pushy about her Christianity and I came here for advice on how to handle it. We know she was raised first as a Catholic. We think she's now with a Baptist church. I actually sought out her pastor after the garden was destroyed in the hopes that he could talk her down but he was on vacation.

FYI: We know she's breaking the law, several, but so far the local police haven't done anything for some reason. This may end up in court because we weren't warned about her before we moved in. She had apparently turned on other tenants as well and driven them out. The husband is too frightened of her to do anything even though, as a landlord, it's his responsibility to ensure his tenants can use what they pay for. This whole thing is a mess.

Her husband is the landlord?

Do yourself a favor and go about this the easy way, move.

Call a lawyer, pay the office fee and get the lawyer to write you a letter that says you will not press charges against either of them unless they let you out of your lease without penalty.

Then GTFO.

Cut your losses and run.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
03-08-2014, 09:39 AM
(03-08-2014 09:23 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Do yourself a favor and go about this the easy way, move.

Call a lawyer, pay the office fee and get the lawyer to write you a letter that says you will not press charges against either of them unless they let you out of your lease without penalty.

Then GTFO.

Cut your losses and run.

This ^^

Not your circus, not your monkeys.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
03-08-2014, 10:13 AM
(03-08-2014 09:23 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 08:57 AM)yellowwoodstraveler Wrote:  Ok, not really, I still don't believe in supernatural beings. I am starting to think I live under someone possessed by Satan though! Seriously, I never believed in the concept of "evil" before I dealt with this person.

Her husband is the landlord?

Then GTFO.

Cut your losses and run.

Ditto! Get out. She isn't right in the head.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-08-2014, 10:23 AM
(03-08-2014 09:39 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 09:23 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Do yourself a favor and go about this the easy way, move.

Then GTFO.

Cut your losses and run.

This ^^

Not your circus, not your monkeys.

Well put, well put. Bowing

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
03-08-2014, 03:52 PM
(03-08-2014 09:23 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Call a lawyer, pay the office fee and get the lawyer to write you a letter that says you will not press charges against either of them unless they let you out of your lease without penalty.

Wut? Consider
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
03-08-2014, 04:18 PM
sounds like one of the cluster b personality disorders
03-08-2014, 07:17 PM
What made her turn?

Did she find out you're an atheist?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2014, 09:09 PM
(03-08-2014 09:23 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Her husband is the landlord?

Then GTFO.

Cut your losses and run.

Our losses are already pretty heavy and as both of us have chronic illness or injuries moving is an extremely stressful and difficult endeavour.

(03-08-2014 03:52 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 09:23 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Call a lawyer, pay the office fee and get the lawyer to write you a letter that says you will not press charges against either of them unless they let you out of your lease without penalty.

Wut? Consider

Exactly. We have sooo much we could go after them for, legally speaking, that we would be fools not to. If nothing else we would love to ensure that this place is never rented again!

(03-08-2014 04:18 PM)3is Wrote:  sounds like one of the cluster b personality disorders

You hit the nail on the head; she once told my roommate that she'd been tentatively diagnosed with BPD. On the other hand she told me she'd been in a serious car accident and had a head injury...right after I'd taken a phone call confirming my participation in a parade walking with a local brain injury association.

(03-08-2014 07:17 PM)Sam Wrote:  What made her turn?

Did she find out you're an atheist?

She could easily have done so, she can hear even the quietest conversations from within our suite and even once called the person back I'd been speaking to! However we don't think that was the trigger. If she does have BPD it could simply be the fact that we failed to worship the ground she walked on.

I feel I need to add that we were not aware that there was a problem until 2 police cruisers showed up at our door one afternoon asking about the "long, brown gun" she'd called to say we'd made threats against her with 2 weeks before. Didn't happen, we don't have a gun. Problem is that at that remove there was no way we could prove there wasn't a gun. Talk about bearing false witness!
04-08-2014, 09:46 PM
Here's the options I see:

1. Spend your time, money and sanity fighting her in the court system.

2. Spend your time and money moving to save your sanity

3. Suck it up and live it as is.

Crazy doesn't stop being crazy just because a judge or police officer or a piece of paper says so. That's what makes crazy people crazy.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller