Losing my atheism...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2014, 10:36 PM
RE: Losing my atheism...?
(04-08-2014 09:09 PM)yellowwoodstraveler Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 03:52 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Wut? Consider

Exactly. We have sooo much we could go after them for, legally speaking, that we would be fools not to. If nothing else we would love to ensure that this place is never rented again!

I was referring to the wording that basically equates to "if you let us out of the lease without penalty, we WILL press charges." Made no sense...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 05:59 AM
(04-08-2014 10:36 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 09:09 PM)yellowwoodstraveler Wrote:  Exactly. We have sooo much we could go after them for, legally speaking, that we would be fools not to. If nothing else we would love to ensure that this place is never rented again!

I was referring to the wording that basically equates to "if you let us out of the lease without penalty, we WILL press charges." Made no sense...

What my line of thought was that you were dealing with obvious nut jobs. If you try to break your lease to move, they will try some sort of penalty, charging rent, keeping security, etc.

Your OP sounded like you didn't want to be bothered with the legal route of pressing charges, going to court, etc. and because of lack of police interest.

So, take the short legal way out , letter from lawyer threatening more from you unless you get out without penalty. keep your funds, and get out.

But hey, if you want the nightmare of living with insane people while taking them to court, by all means, go for it. Thumbsup But I'm betting they have a few more levels of crazy that you haven't seen yet.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
05-08-2014, 07:34 AM
(04-08-2014 09:46 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Here's the options I see:

1. Spend your time, money and sanity fighting her in the court system.

2. Spend your time and money moving to save your sanity

3. Suck it up and live it as is.

Crazy doesn't stop being crazy just because a judge or police officer or a piece of paper says so. That's what makes crazy people crazy.

I know, but that's been the advice from the owner all along. He would love to get her out, or so he claims, but says he can't. I don't understand that at all but he's not nearby. He came back once after the gun incident to "straighten out the mess" but there's nothing he can do and he knows it. In his mind all we have to do is call the police every time she swears at us and eventually she'll be kicked out. Have to wonder who's more delusional here...

(05-08-2014 05:59 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  What my line of thought was that you were dealing with obvious nut jobs. If you try to break your lease to move, they will try some sort of penalty, charging rent, keeping security, etc.

Your OP sounded like you didn't want to be bothered with the legal route of pressing charges, going to court, etc. and because of lack of police interest.

So, take the short legal way out , letter from lawyer threatening more from you unless you get out without penalty. keep your funds, and get out.

But hey, if you want the nightmare of living with insane people while taking them to court, by all means, go for it. Thumbsup But I'm betting they have a few more levels of crazy that you haven't seen yet.

Nut job. Singular. However I have considered the possibility that they're running some sort of scam using her as a convenient "incentive". The last people escaped and as the manager put it, "I got as much money back for them as I could". HUH? They were getting their house power shut off! They could have sued! But I guess when you have kids you just want to get out and protect them.

As for the police, I don't know what they're playing at. Half my family are police officers and none of them can understand why they haven't done anything. She's broken the law and there's plenty to charge her with, so why won't they act?

I like the letter idea, it will just be a matter of convincing my friend to move. He insists we need to stick it out. He has no sense of self-preservation though and once took me on a walk through Vancouver's Downtown Eastside at midnight so he could "talk to people". Noble, maybe. But not safe.

I'm betting she's capable of anything too. That's what really scares me. I have never before met a person who has eyes like a shark: cold, black, emotionless.
05-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Two Dr Phil quotes come to mind

" how's that working for you?"

" do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?"

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller