Lost a Friend Today

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2015, 11:14 PM
RE: Lost a Friend Today
(18-07-2015 10:29 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I lost a friend this week to a brain aneurism, too. He was driving when it happened and he struck a tree. He was an organ donor so his widow has a little comfort. Sorry for your loss, I feel your pain. So sad.

Hug

I'm not actually sure that's even what it was. All I know so far is that's what the doctors are assuming, and they're pretty confident. An autopsy is (was?) scheduled. I'm hoping her family will keep me in the know, but it can't be easy to talk about, so for me that means not pressing them for info. But whatever it was, it was quick and quiet. Her husband woke up to her in the morning, "long gone", as he put it before he burst out crying again. I can only assume he meant she was cold. Poor guy.

Fuck.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
18-07-2015, 11:19 PM
*hugs* Sad

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
19-07-2015, 12:53 AM
So sorry.

*Hugs*
19-07-2015, 04:13 AM
Sadcryface

Sorry about your friend.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
19-07-2015, 04:42 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss.
19-07-2015, 05:07 AM
Wish I could think of something funny, to cheer you up....

Somehow, it alludes me....

Should I come up with something, you'll be the first to know....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-07-2015, 06:07 AM
I am sorry for your loss.

Unexpected deaths like that really knock a person for a loop.

There really aren't words that ease the shock.

Much love.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
19-07-2015, 06:11 AM
(18-07-2015 10:13 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Well, she died yesterday, but I found out this morning. Brain aneurysm. Completely unexpected.

Fuck, i felt like a zombie all day. It's really messing with my head.

It's really hard but remember that your friend wouldn't want you to be sad.

I sure wish all that money that is spent on "god" would be spent on medical research.
19-07-2015, 07:12 AM
If I had my druthers, I would want to go like her, in bed, possibly asleep. Who wouldn't?

Of course, no matter how one goes, the people and possible pets you leave behind will suffer a loss.

But perhaps you can take some comfort from the fact that your friend had such an easy exit. This is what you would have wished for her - just at a different point in time.

It all boils down to "time" again. I am at the age where many of my peers have died, and more die as I go. No, you don't get used to that. But you do learn to use time in a more positive way. Your time with others as well as your own time.

I am sorry for your loss, Stark. It's a bitter pill to swallow. I have every confidence that you'll handle it though - in your own way. Heart

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
19-07-2015, 09:46 AM
(19-07-2015 07:12 AM)Dom Wrote:  If I had my druthers, I would want to go like her, in bed, possibly asleep. Who wouldn't?

Of course, no matter how one goes, the people and possible pets you leave behind will suffer a loss.

But perhaps you can take some comfort from the fact that your friend had such an easy exit. This is what you would have wished for her - just at a different point in time.

It all boils down to "time" again. I am at the age where many of my peers have died, and more die as I go. No, you don't get used to that. But you do learn to use time in a more positive way. Your time with others as well as your own time.

I am sorry for your loss, Stark. It's a bitter pill to swallow. I have every confidence that you'll handle it though - in your own way. Heart

Thank you so much for putting that into perspective for me. I'm ashamed to say, I hadn't even considered how "good" a death she had. But you are right..I couldn't have wished for an easier exit for her.

Thanks to all of you. It really does help knowing you guys are out there sharing a little of my hurt.

So many cats, so few good recipes.