Lost a Friend Today

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: Lost a Friend Today
Sending thoughts your way bro.

As I get older the list of friends and family I've lost grows longer. I know how it feels. You aren't alone.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2015, 05:42 AM
Sincere sympathy I know how you feel my friend hanged himself on Friday evening shocked numb intense anger all these huge emotions can really swamp you
20-07-2015, 12:28 PM
(20-07-2015 05:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Sincere sympathy I know how you feel my friend hanged himself on Friday evening shocked numb intense anger all these huge emotions can really swamp you

I was hoping you'd show up in this thread adey....I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Grieve with us brother.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
20-07-2015, 01:39 PM
(20-07-2015 05:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Sincere sympathy I know how you feel my friend hanged himself on Friday evening shocked numb intense anger all these huge emotions can really swamp you

So sorry adey Hug
20-07-2015, 03:33 PM
That sucks adey, so sorry.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-07-2015, 03:36 PM
Thanks stark and jenny, really tearful right now which is unusual for me, nice to know I'm not alone though.
20-07-2015, 03:38 PM
Thanks Will
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
20-07-2015, 04:37 PM
*hugs* to you, too, Adey.

You guys are scaring me. Part of the reason I've been staying up so late, on this board, lately is because I've been counseling a friend, via FBook chat, who has become suicidal after receiving some very bad medical news. Sometimes it seems like he's just whining about "first-world problems", as the other thread says, but then other times I'm genuinely afraid if I go to bed before he's ready to end the conversation, I may never speak to him again. The sleep deprivation is starting to catch up to me, since I still have to wake up ~7AM to get the CNC batches started for the day.

Nascent bike shops don't pay for themselves without some help from a human, and I'm the only one around at present. Sad

I need to sleep for like a week straight.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
20-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Wow, all these friends lost. I know that pain well too, I am so sorry to hear. I remember the feelings of those first moments when a friend is gone and I wish lots of strength. Big hugs.
20-07-2015, 08:31 PM
(20-07-2015 04:37 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  *hugs* to you, too, Adey.

You guys are scaring me. Part of the reason I've been staying up so late, on this board, lately is because I've been counseling a friend, via FBook chat, who has become suicidal after receiving some very bad medical news. Sometimes it seems like he's just whining about "first-world problems", as the other thread says, but then other times I'm genuinely afraid if I go to bed before he's ready to end the conversation, I may never speak to him again. The sleep deprivation is starting to catch up to me, since I still have to wake up ~7AM to get the CNC batches started for the day.

Nascent bike shops don't pay for themselves without some help from a human, and I'm the only one around at present. Sad

I need to sleep for like a week straight.

It's good to be there for your friend, but you've got to take care of yourself too. Does he have anyone else for support besides you?
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post