Lost a fellow survivor - well guess she's not one any more

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Lost a fellow survivor - well guess she's not one any more
Got the news this morning that one of the ladies that was on the Relay for Life team with me and in the breast cancer support group, passed away Sunday. I hadn't known her a long time but really liked her intelligence and wit.

It's jarring. This was her third round with breast cancer... third...shit, I can only hope I only have to do this once. While I certainly don't downplay the loss to her friends and family I have to say it actually scares me. The big cancer shadow seems to be especially dark again. Along with my tests being up, this is unnerving...I need to figure out a way and a place to collect myself again.

I will be meeting with other members of the support group tonight to pay respects.

Feels a whole lot like the ground beneath my feet is shifting...No

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 09:48 AM
RE: Lost a fellow survivor - well guess she's not one any more
Fuck.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
09-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Sorry Anj!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
09-07-2013, 09:51 AM
(09-07-2013 09:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Got the news this morning that one of the ladies that was on the Relay for Life team with me and in the breast cancer support group, passed away Sunday. I hadn't known her a long time but really liked her intelligence and wit.

It's jarring. This was her third round with breast cancer... third...shit, I can only hope I only have to do this once. While I certainly don't downplay the loss to her friends and family I have to say it actually scares me. The big cancer shadow seems to be especially dark again. Along with my tests being up, this is unnerving...I need to figure out a way and a place to collect myself again.

I will be meeting with other members of the support group tonight to pay respects.

Feels a whole lot like the ground beneath my feet is shifting...No

Cancer is such a scary thing. You just don't know what will happen in the future, you may live to be a hundred, or you may call it quits soon.

There is not much one can say. Just fill your life with what pleases you. One way or another, you'll always be glad you did.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
09-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Sad Sorry Anj Hug
09-07-2013, 10:08 AM
(09-07-2013 09:48 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Fuck.

I would say that I couldn't have said it better Stark but that was exactly my first reaction.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
09-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Happy that my mom made it through without dying.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 6 users Like ELK12695's post
09-07-2013, 10:26 AM
As am I ELK...appreciate her and give her a big hug today!

09-07-2013, 10:36 AM
(09-07-2013 10:26 AM)Anjele Wrote:  As am I ELK...appreciate her and give her a big hug today!

It's okay. It happened way back, in 06-07, it was lymphoma. I was 12 and I never cried or anything because I trusted our health system. The waiting lists are a bit long, but it's free treatment on the other hand. She didn't need to take any of that poison that kills off your hair (Unlike my aunt, my mothers sister who also had cancer, she made it through alive aswell.). They just went all Cyclops on her throat and it was dead. What's left is a frankenstein scar from ear to shoulder, and she has some slight issues swallowing food sometimes. At least she didn't need to rid herself of any body parts. I just hope it won't be back for round two, on her or on me.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
09-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Oh Anj that sucks. I'm sorry on the loss of a friend.
As for you- pick a day and vent, scream, cry get all this bad tension out of your system....let it rip...give it all you got.
Don't carry the bad stress with you-get it out.
Then let it all go.
Dust yourself off and get back to kicking cancers ass.
We are here with internet shoulders to cry on.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post