Lost in Virginia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2011, 07:53 AM

Bug Lost in Virginia
So i'm not normally one for introductions, but i have ulterior motives, so i'll start here.

I'm a 26\m from rural SW Virginia. In this part of the world, our workplace handbook clearly states that religion and politics are not to be discussed at work, however decorating your desk with religious paraphernalia is beyond question. Everyone assumes your Christianity unless challenged, and no one over the age of 40 has a working definition of atheist. I'm lucky enough to have a fiancee who shares my world view, and recently broke the news to my family, but for the most part i stay quiet.

Anyway... feel free to ask a question (pm me if you want an accurate location since you're also in VA).

But to my ulterior motive... I've gone back and listened to basically all of the archive episodes, but i'm having trouble figuring out how to catch the live cast on 5\22. I'm a working IT pro, but i've never watched a live podcast, so if someone can point me in the right direction i'm sure i can figure out the rest on my own.

Thanks,
Hates
Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2011, 11:34 AM

RE: Lost in Virginia
Welcome, Hatesfury. Smile

I have a question. Why are you still in predominantly Theist SW Virginia? Tongue

It must be Hell on earth.
I don't know the answer to your podcast question, however there are a number of folks including the Admin. that can help.
21-05-2011, 11:53 AM

(21-05-2011 11:34 AM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Welcome, Hatesfury. Smile

I have a question. Why are you still in predominantly Theist SW Virginia? Tongue

Well to be honest, im stuck at this point in time. My family is completely rooted here for the last 3 generations, so i ofcourse started out here. We had no money so college was out, so i took a job and started life. I now am engaged to an awesome lady who has 1 year left on her bachelors (she's on scholarship, so we're stuck again), after which she has 1 year of field study. At that point, the plan is to find her a good job, move (the discussed locations vary from Cali, to England, to Sweden, but generally speaking we're looking for pleasant weather, and open minds) and get myself into school. Alot of my family is "honorable men" who took the best job they could, started, and then supported their family as such, but my brain just refuses to accept this reality. I've always been the brightest in my family, and i think honestly it would be a disservice to those before me if i don't do something more with my life than they did with theirs. I think i want to become a research scientist, or possibly work in industrial\Mechanical design and work in some part of the green industry.
21-05-2011, 05:39 PM

(21-05-2011 11:34 AM)GassyKitten Wrote:  I don't know the answer to your podcast question, however there are a number of folks including the Admin. that can help.
I found it, did take a bit of searching though (found it on the video hyping 5\22).

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thethinkingatheist/ for anyone else having a hard time finding it. Note to admin... might want to make this something easily found on the main website?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lost in the Tardis... studyhound 17 502 28-12-2012 05:50 AM
Last Post: Vera
  Was lost, but now I'm found saved 6 350 06-11-2012 01:35 PM
Last Post: morondog