Lost my faith in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: Lost my faith in Atheism
Why do religious people always think that everyone has to have faith in one thing or another?

No faith needed.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2014, 06:57 PM
(01-09-2014 06:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  Why do religious people always think that everyone has to have faith in one thing or another?

No faith needed.

Is it not ironic when it's the 'faithful' that kill your faith in humanity? Undecided

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
01-09-2014, 07:05 PM
(01-09-2014 06:57 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 06:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  Why do religious people always think that everyone has to have faith in one thing or another?

No faith needed.

Is it not ironic when it's the 'faithful' that kill your faith in humanity? Undecided

That's been dead for a long time. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-09-2014, 07:07 PM

No faith needed.

[Image: Oh-the-Irony.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
01-09-2014, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 07:17 PM by GirlyMan.)

No faith needed.

Saving that one.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-09-2014, 05:56 AM
(01-09-2014 05:18 PM)OurFather Wrote:  I have lost my faith in Atheism Religion.
Atheism Religion? Never heard of this one.
Quote:As a theoretical phsyicist student, I'm prohibited from believing in 'intelligent design'.

Really? Are they going to put you in jail if you believe in "intelligent design"? No? I thought so..
Quote:This is my last year before I graduate and I fear that my theist beliefs that this universe was created by an advanced civilization will hinder me.
Hell yeah, believing something without evidence usually hinders someone from making educated choices.
Quote: I need to have be less open minded person and only believe that SCIENCE is the answer to everything.
Science isn't an answer, is a method. Are you sure you're a physics student?
Quote:Even though I deep down believe Science and Spirituality is one in the same thing.

Define "spirituality".
Quote:In fact Science has a finite limit

Nope, not a physics student...
Quote:while spirituallity is ever expanding.

True. To quote a famous physicist: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the first."
Quote:Our ancient ancestors knew this.
Yeah, and they also knew that thunderbolts were Zeus' punishment, snakes could talk, etc.
Quote:That brings me to the next point, how do I stop reading about ancient archeology and cultures before the Sumerian?

Why should you stop? As long as you read serious, peer-rewieved literature it's all good and well. As an alternative, you can listen to this guy:
[Image: screen-shot-2013-06-06-at-9-27-06-pm-png.98829]

Quote:Every time I do research on them, I lean away from the path of our faith in 'atheism'.
Hmmm... looks like you've been listening already to that guy. Oh, and atheism is a lack of faith.
Quote:I hope this website will show me the light that we humans are nothing more than soulless atoms roaming this vast universe.
Define "soul". By the way, humans are conglomerates of atoms; what did you say you were studying?
Quote:thanks.
You're welcome
[+] 2 users Like DunkleSeele's post
02-09-2014, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 07:49 AM by Brian37.)
(01-09-2014 05:18 PM)OurFather Wrote:  I have lost my faith in Atheism Religion.

As a theoretical phsyicist student, I'm prohibited from believing in 'intelligent design'. This is my last year before I graduate and I fear that my theist beliefs that this universe was created by an advanced civilization will hinder me. I need to have be less open minded person and only believe that SCIENCE is the answer to everything. Even though I deep down believe Science and Spirituality is one in the same thing. In fact Science has a finite limit while spirituallity is ever expanding. Our ancient ancestors knew this.

That brings me to the next point, how do I stop reading about ancient archeology and cultures before the Sumerian? Every time I do research on them, I lean away from the path of our faith in 'atheism'.

I hope this website will show me the light that we humans are nothing more than soulless atoms roaming this vast universe.

thanks.
No you are a poser. We've seen this tactic before and you are not the first to try this crap. Atheism is a religion like "Off" is a TV channel.

Firs off moron, not believing in a god does not make us emotionless robots. YES, we are nothing more than carbon based atoms. SO THE FUCK WHAT.

Atheists, which you never were and are merely pretending to be, do not need sky heros or superstition to value nature and have a sense of awe about it. We find happiness and love and enjoyment and compassion in life with out ancient myth.

I love my mother. I love my friends. I love my cat. I find joy in nature like a sunset or ocean view. I find it awesome to think about the fact it takes 100,000 years for one ray of light to cross our galaxy. I find it awesome to think about the gravity of black hole.

Accepting my finite existence does not make me evil or fatalistic anymore than you cry over a leaf dying. Life after I die will feel the same as it did before I was born. No different than knowing when you go to a movie it will end. No different than when you go to a sporting event knowing it will end. No different than going to a concert knowing it will end. Life does not have to be "forever" to enjoy it or to do good or be good.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
02-09-2014, 08:06 AM
[Image: imagejpg4_zps4c889c6e.jpg]

Seriously, you suck at being a troll.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
02-09-2014, 10:45 AM

No faith needed.

You have faith in science. Facepalm

Truth seeker.
02-09-2014, 10:55 AM

No faith needed.

Because some idiot wrote a book about not having enough faith to be an atheist.

Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces