Lost my faith in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2014, 05:17 PM
RE: Lost my faith in Atheism
(02-09-2014 12:59 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 05:18 PM)OurFather Wrote:  I have lost my faith in Atheism Religion.

As a theoretical phsyicist student, I'm prohibited from believing in 'intelligent design'. This is my last year before I graduate and I fear that my theist beliefs that this universe was created by an advanced civilization will hinder me. I need to have be less open minded person and only believe that SCIENCE is the answer to everything. Even though I deep down believe Science and Spirituality is one in the same thing. In fact Science has a finite limit while spirituallity is ever expanding. Our ancient ancestors knew this.

That brings me to the next point, how do I stop reading about ancient archeology and cultures before the Sumerian? Every time I do research on them, I lean away from the path of our faith in 'atheism'.

I hope this website will show me the light that we humans are nothing more than soulless atoms roaming this vast universe.

thanks.

Reading about ancient civilizations is good and you should continue to do it.

These ancient peoples didn't believe in "spirituality" at all. They thought gods were real, hence their belief in life having come to earth from some place else. This other place, for them, Niburu, was as real as Earth.

That's the problem, you see. As people learned more about the world and the universe these theories became untenable so the gods who they had thought were real had to have a new "metaphysical" world, a "spiritual" world created for them to live in.

Reading about ancient people's should make you realize that people were as intelligent back then as they are now, and as imaginative. What actually explains how ancient monuments were made by ancient peoples with such accuracy is that the "stone age" people applied their minds to stone craft and other crafts with as much energy and skill as we apply our minds to computer science and modern technology.

Who built the Pyramids? That's easy. I get TV from Eritrea where I live and they show a map of the Red Sea and it stands out a mile. During the last ice age Europeans took refuge further south in the Near East. The map used by the Eritreans shows an area near to Egypt which we call Suez but they call "Suweiss".

Think about it.

Suez in Arabic is El Suweis. You seem to be heading off on one of your Ellisian fantasies, including you misconceptions about the last ice age.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 05:18 PM
(02-09-2014 11:32 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 11:30 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Telling others that they are wrong in their thinking is one thing.

Being wrong in telling others what they think is another.

Guess which one you fall under. Drinking Beverage

You have a way if knowing something that's not circular and doesn't require God? Do tell. Drinking Beverage

God revealed to me that you're under a satanic delusion.Thumbsup

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2014, 05:37 PM
(02-09-2014 11:31 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 11:28 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Because I can know things based on evidence, and I can there for examine and peer review your evidence. So put up or shut up

Knowing anything requires God.

Knowing 2+2 requires god to tell me the answer?
Knowing what the color orange requires your sky fairy?

Knowing my own name?
Knowing what kind of food I do not like or do like.
Knowing that a smell smells smelly?
Knowing that when X magnet spins this wire here in this way, it generates something we can pull power from?
Knowing that touching something hot hurts me and I do not like that.

Oh..so you mean, without your god. I cannot possibly know any of those things. So, since your god does not exist. I don't know those things, which means you also....don't know what the fuck your talking about.

(01-09-2014 05:18 PM)OurFather Wrote:  I have lost my faith in Atheism Religion.

As a theoretical phsyicist student, I'm prohibited from believing in 'intelligent design'. This is my last year before I graduate and I fear that my theist beliefs that this universe was created by an advanced civilization will hinder me. I need to have be less open minded person and only believe that SCIENCE is the answer to everything. Even though I deep down believe Science and Spirituality is one in the same thing. In fact Science has a finite limit while spirituallity is ever expanding. Our ancient ancestors knew this.

That brings me to the next point, how do I stop reading about ancient archeology and cultures before the Sumerian? Every time I do research on them, I lean away from the path of our faith in 'atheism'.

I hope this website will show me the light that we humans are nothing more than soulless atoms roaming this vast universe.

thanks.

...I may be late answering to this. I always am when these kinds of threads get started as I just get off of work when I see them but.

Seriously? wtf are you trying to prove here? I wish you fundamentalists would at least do a tiny bit of research to what you try to argue against before opening your mouth....or in this case your keyboard.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
03-09-2014, 05:39 AM
What is the method by which you know things from God?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
03-09-2014, 07:38 AM
Has this guy come back or was he just a Troll and Roll?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-09-2014, 07:42 AM
(03-09-2014 07:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Has this guy come back or was he just a Troll and Roll?
The typical shit-and-run pigeon.
03-09-2014, 10:37 AM

The only atheistic religion I know about is Buddhism, in that it's a religion that doesn't believe in any gods.

(01-09-2014 05:18 PM)OurFather Wrote:  As a theoretical phsyicist student, I'm prohibited from believing in 'intelligent design'. This is my last year before I graduate and I fear that my theist beliefs that this universe was created by an advanced civilization will hinder me. I need to have be less open minded person and only believe that SCIENCE is the answer to everything. Even though I deep down believe Science and Spirituality is one in the same thing. In fact Science has a finite limit while spirituallity is ever expanding. Our ancient ancestors knew this.

I asked you in the other thread where you brought this up: do you have any evidence for your claims? How do you know spirituality is "ever expanding"? Are you talking about how people keep making up more and more religions (for example: I have a living grandmother who is older than Wicca and Scientology).

(01-09-2014 05:18 PM)OurFather Wrote:  That brings me to the next point, how do I stop reading about ancient archeology and cultures before the Sumerian? Every time I do research on them, I lean away from the path of our faith in 'atheism'.

I am honestly at a loss what you're trying to say, here.

(01-09-2014 05:18 PM)OurFather Wrote:  I hope this website will show me the light that we humans are nothing more than soulless atoms roaming this vast universe.

Now, why would it be bad if we are? Why do we need souls?
03-09-2014, 11:58 AM
(01-09-2014 06:48 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  I call troll...

Cosigned

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
03-09-2014, 12:12 PM
(03-09-2014 07:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Has this guy come back or was he just a Troll and Roll?

He's posted at atheistforums.org under at least 5 sock accounts.

They ban him, he comes back.

He'll be back here too.
03-09-2014, 01:30 PM
(03-09-2014 11:58 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 06:48 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  I call troll...

Cosigned

He was banned in one day at AF. Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post