Lost the baby

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2015, 11:26 AM
RE: Lost the baby
Sorry to hear Cathy, hang in there.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2015, 11:30 AM
I'm really sorry for your loss. I wish I could do more, but I'll just send tons of love your way. Take care.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
12-01-2015, 11:31 AM
I've been there, nothing anyone said made me feel better so I'll just send hugs. So sorry Hug Heart

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
12-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Hug

Sad
12-01-2015, 11:41 AM
So sorry to hear. There is not much to say (hence the inane religious comments from people.)

Just know that it is fine and definitely not crazy to feel whatever way you will feel. Be angry, be sad, get some alone time and let it all hang out. Don't let anyone tell you how you are supposed to feel. You'll be ok! Heart

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
12-01-2015, 11:46 AM
I would love to give you a big hug right now. My condolences.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Hug

No words just many Hug 's

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

12-01-2015, 11:56 AM
My wife and I went through this in October 2013; we lost twins. What we found hardest about the whole process was that we had to force ourselves to be more emotionally guarded around pregnancy after that. She's pregnant again, due in May, and while it's never GUARANTEED, strictly speaking, we're at the point that our son Ben knows he has a brother coming, we've picked a name, etc. But we were robbed of the JOY and celebration we would've otherwise had about the conception and pregnancy. Instead it was replaced by being guarded, doubtful, and telling ourselves not to "get our hopes up," too early. For a LONG time after the loss, we found it VERY hard to get excited about anything.

We have a smattering of theists of various kinds in our family, and thankfully none of them gave us any of that "angel in heaven," talk. That would've been tough to handle.

One thing that surprised me was that as we were going through the grief process, lots of women we'd known for years all of a sudden came out of the woodwork to tell us it had happened to them too. It's one of those dark and secret things in society that nobody likes to talk about (especially around pregnant women) but it's touched a lot more people than we think.

Anyway sorry to hear about your loss. There's no real "advice" to give on something like this, just know that you're not alone, that there's nothing you did or didn't do that caused this to happen. It's not your fault.
[+] 3 users Like Mr. Boston's post
12-01-2015, 12:11 PM
sending love and hugs and sympathy.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
12-01-2015, 12:41 PM
So sorry. Heart Hug