Lost the baby

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2015, 10:32 PM
RE: Lost the baby
I don’t know what to say to make you feel better, I’m sorry for you and your husband.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2015, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2015 06:10 AM by cinnamint.)
I miscarried my first and I just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss. Although I told my family, (because I was far along enough in my pregnancy to announce it) they barely acknowledged it, except for an initial "must be in gods plan" kind of thing. It makes me sad and angry that I never really mourned. Much like the death of my father. Anyways I would encourage you to talk about it as much or as little as you want. It makes people uncomfortable but I think we have a right to express our feelings and should be able to seek comfort. Part of me feels like others treat it as it never happened or existed, but I still remember the whole traumatic event when I gushed blood everywhere and felt the little lifeless one pass through. Even now I feel the urge to edit my post, like that shouldn't be spoken of, but it happened darn it all and I still remember it like yesterday. Unlike birth I was alone when it happened and I hate feeling like no one understands. Yet there are many women who experienced it and still don't speak of it. I guess many of us are afraid of bringing up painful memories in others but if you are like me, you don't forget anyway. Anyway I just want to you to know your not alone, your loss is very real and take as much time as you need to grieve. Reach out to loved ones if needed. As a rational thinker, I took comfort in researching the statistics and knowing that my body was smart enough to realized the fetus was not developing into a functioning person.
[+] 3 users Like cinnamint's post
13-01-2015, 09:53 PM
[Image: sorrow-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
14-01-2015, 09:56 AM
I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what you're going through.Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-01-2015, 06:07 AM
(12-01-2015 09:55 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Damnit. I miscarried. I feel so depressed I can barely move.

If I hear one more person tell me about god's angel I'm gonna lose it on that person!!!

We've had a couple of these. So painful. It did make us even more grateful for the births. I'm very sorry.
18-01-2015, 06:10 AM
(13-01-2015 05:59 AM)cinnamint Wrote:  I miscarried my first and I just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss. Although I told my family, (because I was far along enough in my pregnancy to announce it) they barely acknowledged it, except for an initial "must be in gods plan" kind of thing. It makes me sad and angry that I never really mourned. Much like the death of my father. Anyways I would encourage you to talk about it as much or as little as you want. It makes people uncomfortable but I think we have a right to express our feelings and should be able to seek comfort. Part of me feels like others treat it as it never happened or existed, but I still remember the whole traumatic event when I gushed blood everywhere and felt the little lifeless one pass through. Even now I feel the urge to edit my post, like that shouldn't be spoken of, but it happened darn it all and I still remember it like yesterday. Unlike birth I was alone when it happened and I hate feeling like no one understands. Yet there are many women who experienced it and still don't speak of it. I guess many of us are afraid of bringing up painful memories in others but if you are like me, you don't forget anyway. Anyway I just want to you to know your not alone, your loss is very real and take as much time as you need to grieve. Reach out to loved ones if needed. As a rational thinker, I took comfort in researching the statistics and knowing that my body was smart enough to realized the fetus was not developing into a functioning person.

Great, great thoughts. I'm sorry you were alone.
[+] 1 user Likes freetoreason's post