Losty's Appendix

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2016, 05:13 PM
RE: Losty's Appendix
(12-02-2016 05:00 PM)Losty Wrote:  Does anyone know anything about kidney stones?

You might want to ask your doctors that question. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2016, 05:33 PM
(12-02-2016 05:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 05:00 PM)Losty Wrote:  Does anyone know anything about kidney stones? I've been out of work for 2 weeks now. If I go even an hour past the time to take my pain meds I feel like I'm going to die. I thought it was supposed to hurt for a few days and then pass. Everyone (doctors) keep saying to wait it out. I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Sounds like you need to see a urologist. Two weeks...they may need to look again and blast the stones with lithotripsy. You may have one stuck that is just too big to evacuate. If your urine isn't passing as it should and is just sitting there, it can also cause infection.

Did they give you Flowmax? Most people think of it as a treatment for men with prostate issues but it helps open the tubing (for lack of a better description) to allow for stones to pass. Even with it, there could be one or more in there that simply aren't going to fit.

I am currently drugged and hoping to pass the ones I have.

I am and have been taking flomax for like 12 days. They keep saying it's too small so I don't qualify to have it blasted. I have an appointment with another urologist (I've seen the only one in town that takes my insurance so I have to drive to thomasville on Tuesday. Well my sister is driving) on Tuesday. It's just emotionally draining to be in the much pain for this long.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
12-02-2016, 05:35 PM
(12-02-2016 05:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 05:00 PM)Losty Wrote:  Does anyone know anything about kidney stones?

You might want to ask your doctors that question. Consider

Lol. I have seen 4 ER doctors, my pcp, and a urologist. I feel like no one will help me. I can't just lay out of work with kidney stones for weeks. I need to get back to my life.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
12-02-2016, 05:35 PM
(12-02-2016 05:33 PM)Losty Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 05:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sounds like you need to see a urologist. Two weeks...they may need to look again and blast the stones with lithotripsy. You may have one stuck that is just too big to evacuate. If your urine isn't passing as it should and is just sitting there, it can also cause infection.

Did they give you Flowmax? Most people think of it as a treatment for men with prostate issues but it helps open the tubing (for lack of a better description) to allow for stones to pass. Even with it, there could be one or more in there that simply aren't going to fit.

I am and have been taking flomax for like 12 days. They keep saying it's too small so I don't qualify to have it blasted. I have an appointment with another urologist (I've seen the only one in town that takes my insurance so I have to drive to thomasville on Tuesday. Well my sister is driving) on Tuesday. It's just emotionally draining to be in the much pain for this long.

Good idea to get a second opinion.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-02-2016, 06:39 PM
(12-02-2016 05:33 PM)Losty Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 05:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sounds like you need to see a urologist. Two weeks...they may need to look again and blast the stones with lithotripsy. You may have one stuck that is just too big to evacuate. If your urine isn't passing as it should and is just sitting there, it can also cause infection.

I no like Losty being in pain! Sadcryface I glad she seeing more than 1 Doctor, tho! Hug

Can't you simply tell them to blast it out, anyway? Shouldn't they be obligated to do that if a certain time period goes by without you having passed it the way they'd like?

Hug Hug Hug Hug

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
12-02-2016, 06:57 PM
They should be obligated to blast the damn things out as soon as they find them, if you ask me.

[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
12-02-2016, 07:18 PM
(12-02-2016 06:57 PM)Losty Wrote:  They should be obligated to blast the damn things out as soon as they find them, if you ask me.

I just want Losty to be okay! Hug
If I'm tired of her being sick, I know she's gotta be tired as shit of it! Sad
Hug

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
12-02-2016, 07:22 PM
(12-02-2016 06:57 PM)Losty Wrote:  They should be obligated to blast the damn things out as soon as they find them, if you ask me.

Lithotripsy is not just a simple procedure. Any time an invasive procedure, with anesthesia, can be avoided you are better off. I know it doesn't seem that way. Lithotripsy is no picnic. And you still have to pass the stones...there are just more of them to pass. One the size of a grain of sand is still quite painful.

See what the other urologist has to say. I know quite well how much kidney stones suck. I have been getting them off and on since the mid 90s.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-02-2016, 07:23 PM
I just feel like 2 weeks cannot be normal.

12-02-2016, 07:25 PM
(12-02-2016 07:23 PM)Losty Wrote:  I just feel like 2 weeks cannot be normal.

That's what I got for Christmas of 1999...two weeks of kidney stones...the gift that keeps on giving. Undecided