Louisiana- World's Highest Prison Population

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2012, 07:11 PM
RE: Louisiana- World's Highest Prison Population
I think that private prisons are a terrible idea. Why privatize something that benefits those involved only when bad things happen?
Hospitals could work privatized because those involved would benefit from return visits, meaning the people running it would benefit from providing better care or more affordable prices. Of course that likely isn't the case, as hospitals are an essential service, meaning they don't have to do anything all that well but you will still go there from necessity.

I also think I am not likely to ever go to Louisiana anyways. So there.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2012, 07:19 PM
(14-05-2012 07:11 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I think that private prisons are a terrible idea. Why privatize something that benefits those involved only when bad things happen?
Hospitals could work privatized because those involved would benefit from return visits, meaning the people running it would benefit from providing better care or more affordable prices. Of course that likely isn't the case, as hospitals are an essential service, meaning they don't have to do anything all that well but you will still go there from necessity.

The US has allowed Crony Capitalism to run wild, and the people are suffering for it.
Its pretty much that simple.

Whatever it takes to make a buck, even if you have to rape thousands of people.
Find all posts by this user
14-05-2012, 07:50 PM
(14-05-2012 07:11 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I think that private prisons are a terrible idea. Why privatize something that benefits those involved only when bad things happen?

Hospitals do work privatized, but I think they would work better if profit wasn't the motivating desire. My personal opinion and a topic for another thread.
15-05-2012, 04:34 AM
Lol, your country is so messed up...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
15-05-2012, 09:49 AM
'mericuh motha fuckas!!!!! Yeah!
15-05-2012, 02:38 PM
(14-05-2012 07:00 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I don't know, man. That's a hard pill to swallow. Maybe I just have too much confidence in our officials. I mean, I know a lot of racists. A lot of them. But I still have a hard time picturing it.
germanyt -- It's called institutional racism.

Even black politicians are co-opted by it. If they go against it, they are portrayed as weak on crime, or only representative of a minority group.

In Baltimore, or Washington DC, Black Mayors, black cops, black DAs -- all perpetuate the system. The only one that goes against it is Marion Barry and he's a whack job.

From my thankfully brief experiences in the South - I imagine it's even worse...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user