Love

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Love
Love is a force living only within but lingering with life only through the actions which it inspires. Love is a conception often contemplated and confused, conceived coherently as true alone existing equally cohabitating dually dedicated soulful sources. It has been seen as a source of slight, slander, shame, and unbearable pain. These results relegated wrongly to love, restrict its essence, essentially easing its involvement from our minds, souring and perverting its potential as a path to prosperity. Not prosperity as popularly perceived. Not a prosperity of possessions, of property, but of unity, of opportunity. Love is not as the great Robert Frost once described, an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. Such a view creates this crucial cost that will subsequently undoubtedly leave many lost, freezing a frigid frost in the fields of thoughts. But love is not desire. Love is not an obsession of confession or an infatuation with reciprocation, but an appreciation of creation, of the inception of internal compassion, fashioned not with fright but illuminated with light of what is, of what could be. True love requests nothing, demands nothing in return, but burns bright as a gift of life, a genuine generosity growing perpetually, unaltered by any occurrence, by any disturbance, displayed honestly through the eyes, enlightening all that are encountered by its existence. Love knows no pain, no strain, and cannot possibly drain one of the beauty born brilliantly by the blooming of the brain. Love is not a game. It is not disdain. No, that is the very opposite of love. Disdain is destruction, a deconstruction of purity bringing about insecurity and despair where once there was hope and care. It is not the target of animosity that truly suffers from such atrocity. It is the being upon which disdain makes its home that will in reality pay the price for believing in the burden of the unknown. This self-limiting decision will unfortunately cause an incision inflicting the holder with a disease of doubt, of restricting reputations applied to all it aims to deny. But this must not be. Love will allow this one to see, the truth of both you and me, that in reality all that we are can be found in the infusing heart of a star.

I have a bit of an obsession with feelings and how we manipulate our emotions with our thinking. It seems to me that many often alter their interpretation of emotions extensively due to their experiences and as a result distort the reality of what these emotions offer, denying the potential positive impact that they may have on our lives. Has anyone else noticed this or does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2012, 02:12 AM
RE: Love
Entropy is the engine of creation and love the destroying angel. Everyone gets that one wrong. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
13-04-2012, 10:36 PM
I hate to rain on the parade but..... Love (along with every other emotion) is nothing but chemical reactions in our bodies. As the are but mere chemicals, they can be manipulated rather easily. "True love" is but a myth. An illusion to comfort those who do not Know the truth.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
13-04-2012, 10:45 PM
(13-04-2012 10:36 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I hate to rain on the parade but..... Love (along with every other emotion) is nothing but chemical reactions in our bodies. As the are but mere chemicals, they can be manipulated rather easily. "True love" is but a myth. An illusion to comfort those who do not Know the truth.

That's a beautiful sentiment, Hamata.

You should write a poem and call it ... "Ode to Oxytocin".

More parade-rain... http://www.youramazingbrain.org.uk/loves...celove.htm

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
13-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Love being a chemical is even better than just felt, it's then real Smile How nice.

Unconditional love is a beautiful thing. No matter how much my children disappoint me, I will always love them. They could be the worst human being, and I'd still feel that way. Doesn't mean I'd support it or condone it, love is separate from disappointment and mistrust.

As beautiful as love is, and as much as I'd always want to be there, however it appears, this quote has always resonated with me, "Love is the blackest of all plagues" (The Seventh Seal, 1957). No matter who you love or who loves you back, there is a dark side. Parents worry about their kids who eventually leave them, parents abandon children one way or another, lovers break hearts and if nothing death separates us all. In the end, it's never happy like a fairy tale, but can be so worth it along the way, as fleeting as it is.
14-04-2012, 01:48 PM
(13-04-2012 10:45 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-04-2012 10:36 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I hate to rain on the parade but..... Love (along with every other emotion) is nothing but chemical reactions in our bodies. As the are but mere chemicals, they can be manipulated rather easily. "True love" is but a myth. An illusion to comfort those who do not Know the truth.

That's a beautiful sentiment, Hamata.

You should write a poem and call it ... "Ode to Oxytocin".

Maybe I should start spiking their drinks with Sandopart or Carbetocin instead of Rohypnol. ... Probably should make sure they're not pregnant first, though.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
14-04-2012, 02:06 PM
(13-04-2012 10:36 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  "True love" is but a myth.

And Gwyneth my mythology. I have zero desire to be real. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user