Love. Yeah!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Love. Yeah!
So I was having a discussion with my gf about gay and lesbians being accepted and such earlier. So the topic of kids and if one of our future kids came out as gay came up. Her response was "I would love them no matter what because it's not my place to judge it's up to God" She's christian of course but VERY understanding and open minded so our talks are very fun and never get heated. I responded with " I would probably just look at them and go...So? and have a laugh seeing as I accept everyone's form of love.

Here is my argument ...Love is a very very complex thing, what may be what floats your boat my not be the same for someone else and that's ok. It is your love and when you're lucky enough to find someone that you love you can't help that it's just a connection you have with certain people it's special for you and that person. So for someone to tell you that the way you love or that the person you love is unnatural or disgust them(in relation to homosexual love of course) is a pretty asshole thing to do. Here's why.

So you're telling someone that because your form of love is generally accepted as the social standard you're more than welcome to do so but because gay love doesn't make sense to you and the general population they aren't allowed to love the way you "naturally" do? What sane person see's this as fair, we can't explain who we love or even why sometimes. I don't expect my gay friends to understand why I find tits so fucking enjoyable and I don't think they expect me to understand why they like abs on a guy it's our own personal preferences.

Anyway I digress I just wanted to vent and to say one thing.....I love seeing someone happy and have the same look..the same feeling I have when I stare into my gf's eyes no matter what the gender preference. Everyone deserves that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like MrKrispy601's post
17-04-2014, 01:47 AM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2014 01:55 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
RE: Love. Yeah!
According to Zoology's theory (sorry to say that I do think we humans as a species are still partially in the zoo), the human species are more of the N strategy rather than the r strategy (and definetly not the Zero strategy), which means that we, utilizing a program called 'LOVE' neurologically, get close to each other, have sex, have children and nurish them carefully till they can do the same thing again.

We don't, as a whole, randomly have sex and throw our babies in the gutters. Neither do we have a Platonic simple object of 'LOVE' and are OK to all stay that way.

Yet this is how evolution works, that mutation and selection is inevitable. So for gays and lesbians, I sincerely feel that it is simply natural that they are who they are, and that they have the right to live their life to the fullest.

Besides, if they are able to take advantage of Human Genetics, by replacing with one's genetic material into the nucleus of a (donor) egg, and the other's into the nucleus of a (donor) sperm, putting the two together, planting the fertilized egg and eventually have children, it will much more wonderful.

[Image: bee3ef62gw1ef7z9j0p7xg201e01eq2x.gif]

To wrap it up, a relationship not aimed at forming a family and properly raising children, is hooliganish.

Want something? Then do something.
17-04-2014, 05:24 AM
To wrap it up, a relationship not aimed at forming a family and properly raising children, is hooliganish.
[/quote]

Now this I have different views on seeing as me and my girl are teetering on the edge of not wanting kids(the situation earlier was a hypothetical not something that we plan on doing). So my question is even if the option to have kids is there for a heterosexual couple but they choose not to is that still "hooliganish" and if so why?
17-04-2014, 06:27 AM
(17-04-2014 01:47 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  To wrap it up, a relationship not aimed at forming a family and properly raising children, is hooliganish.

Well, you're a right dick. Oh, and go fuck yourself.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
17-04-2014, 06:34 AM
As long as we are talking about consenting adults- whatever floats your boat is fine.

If we start talking about relationships that are not consenting adults - then problems arise. Due to the area this post is in, and forum rules I will leave it at that.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
17-04-2014, 06:53 AM
MrKrispy601,

One of the replies in this thread has been reported.

This section of the forum is for personal issues and as such, there is an expectation that "Being provocative or insensitive in this section is prohibited."

Having read the posts so far, I do not see that you are actively "looking for support" (I quote from this section rules) but rather expressing your opinion.

Actions I can take:
Move your thread to a general discussion area (as it is a 'vent', I can put in Ranting Corner, for example)
Remind the member whose post was reported of the rules.
None or
Other.

Please advise by Private Message or publicly as suits you.

17-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Hey man, we get 80 years on this rock if we're lucky, and that's it.

People should do what makes them happy, as long as its not encroaching upon someone else's happiness.

Good the hear there are some theists out there who aren't blatantly anti-homo.

Oh, and quadruple kudos to you for understanding that having kids is absolutely not necessary Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Jasozz's post
17-04-2014, 07:43 AM
(17-04-2014 06:53 AM)DLJ Wrote:  MrKrispy601,

One of the replies in this thread has been reported.

This section of the forum is for personal issues and as such, there is an expectation that "Being provocative or insensitive in this section is prohibited."

Having read the posts so far, I do not see that you are actively "looking for support" (I quote from this section rules) but rather expressing your opinion.

Actions I can take:
Move your thread to a general discussion area (as it is a 'vent', I can put in Ranting Corner, for example)
Remind the member whose post was reported of the rules.
None or
Other.

Please advise by Private Message or publicly as suits you.

How about addressing the fact that HU.Junyuan is the one being a dick and breaking the rules?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-04-2014, 08:37 AM
(17-04-2014 07:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  ...
How about addressing the fact that HU.Junyuan is the one being a dick and breaking the rules?

How about not using this section for this conversation?

Cheers.

17-04-2014, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2014 09:16 AM by DLJ.)
(17-04-2014 05:24 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  To wrap it up, a relationship not aimed at forming a family and properly raising children, is hooliganish.
Quote:Now this I have different views on seeing as me and my girl are teetering on the edge of not wanting kids(the situation earlier was a hypothetical not something that we plan on doing). So my question is even if the option to have kids is there for a heterosexual couple but they choose not to is that still "hooliganish" and if so why?

First, I think it is good for you to have a conversation with DLJ (on PM, if you know how to do that) and have this thread to the Coffee House (maybe). DLJ is a polite nice dude. You will get along.

Secondly, I have to say that I am not a native English language user, although I've been trying hard to know more about this language. So by saying "hooliganish" I meant something a little more severe than not being very serious and wise about the relationship.

Then for your question, I think since mutation happens and the circumstance with each person varies, it is natural that all sorts of things happen. If you two eventually don't want kids, then don't have kids. As I said, it is the natural right of those who are gay or lesbian, or people not in favor of having kids, to live their life to the fullest.

Finally, I thought again and would like to rephrase what I have said to

To wrap it up, I think a romantic relationship of mine that is not aimed at forming a family and properly raising children, is hooliganish.

Want something? Then do something.