Love and atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2016, 03:13 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2016 04:09 AM by hitrosh.)
Love and atheism
How can define one love for life and successful marriage in atheism ? If there is always a better match for us in the world
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2016, 04:20 AM
RE: Love and atheism
Atheism is simply a lack of belief in a supernatural deity.

Love is an emotion.

You are conflating one with the other.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 7 users Like Silly Deity's post
21-03-2016, 04:25 AM
Love and atheism
I'm an atheist, at least I think that I am , but I have this serious question : if love is just an emotion so you can have other emotions for other people anytime , even stronger , so there will be no 100% satisfying love an relationship . Is that true ?
21-03-2016, 04:26 AM
Love and atheism
Sorry for bad english
21-03-2016, 04:30 AM
Love and atheism
I think love is much more than an emotion , because I am in love for 2 years and I can tell you I definitely can't be more happy , but I can't explain this with materialism !
21-03-2016, 04:35 AM
(21-03-2016 04:30 AM)hitrosh Wrote:  I think love is much more than an emotion , because I am in love for 2 years and I can tell you I definitely can't be more happy , but I can't explain this with materialism !

Love, IMHO, doesn't exist to be explained, although some psychologist/neurologist may be able to. It exists to be experienced and enjoyed.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
21-03-2016, 04:40 AM
Love and atheism
Thanks for the hospitality Forget about the word "love" ! My question is very simple : I am in a relationship that I'm 100 % sure that I'm fully satisfied and there is no other girl for me in the world , you can laugh, I'm telling you I laughed before this love thing too . But this is reality !! There is fully satisfied relationships out there , how can we explain it with materialism ??
21-03-2016, 04:48 AM
(21-03-2016 04:40 AM)hitrosh Wrote:  Thanks for the hospitality Forget about the word "love" ! My question is very simple : I am in a relationship that I'm 100 % sure that I'm fully satisfied and there is no other girl for me in the world , you can laugh, I'm telling you I laughed before this love thing too . But this is reality !! There is fully satisfied relationships out there , how can we explain it with materialism ??

Read my previous post again.

Why would you want to describe anything in terms of something other than what it is?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
21-03-2016, 05:07 AM
(21-03-2016 04:30 AM)hitrosh Wrote:  I think love is much more than an emotion , because I am in love for 2 years and I can tell you I definitely can't be more happy , but I can't explain this with materialism !

Love is caused by the electrical and chemical signals in the brain. It is not a supernatural occurrence.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Kyx's post
21-03-2016, 05:13 AM
Love and atheism
Look

I am the case

I am in your team , I laughed before when ever someone mentioned love , I thought it was somthing hormonal and just fun

But now I want an answer

Why I know this is the only one ? Why I know I can't find anyone better , why I married this girl and I'm totally happy and I know I will be for ever , this is not hormonal , this is a decision I made and I thought about it , I scenes a real connection and I know definitely there is no other better connection for me out there !

I checked there is no report and case of a two way ( man and woman ) second 100% satisfying relationship after the first one . If both spouses honestly describe their relation as absolutely flawless , I repeat that "absolutely" and "flawless" , I mean no doubt at all , not even a tiny doubt ( and there is some relationships out there like this , trust me) there is no "second" "flawless" relationship for this couple ever again !

Show me if you have a case otherwise !

Now I want to know how we describe this with materialism.