Love and atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2016, 05:13 AM
RE: Love and atheism
(21-03-2016 04:40 AM)hitrosh Wrote:  Thanks for the hospitality Forget about the word "love" ! My question is very simple : I am in a relationship that I'm 100 % sure that I'm fully satisfied and there is no other girl for me in the world , you can laugh, I'm telling you I laughed before this love thing too . But this is reality !! There is fully satisfied relationships out there , how can we explain it with materialism ??

It's pretty simple neurochemistry and behavioural psychology really. 'Love' is a word we use to describe the emotions we feel while undergoing coupling-attachment to others, this involves several stages of neurochemical cascades and transmitter floods which trigger and maintain the emotions.
As long as the feelings are seemingly reciprocated, and thus continue to be rewarding, the feelings are maintained.

Furthermore, there is the psychological element; you have social and mental needs that your partner is able to fill, so you attach further to them, as people are want to do; stick with those who fulfil your needs.

There is no need to just to the conclusion that parts of the human experience, such as 'love' or 'wonder' are outside of nature in origin, to do so is nothing more than sticking what amounts to sticky tape over the crack in your understanding and impede examination of the issue at hand.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
21-03-2016, 05:15 AM
Love and atheism
Look

I am the case

I am in your team , I laughed before when ever someone mentioned love , I thought it was somthing hormonal and just fun

But now I want an answer

Why I know this is the only one ? Why I know I can't find anyone better , why I married this girl and I'm totally happy and I know I will be for ever , this is not hormonal , this is a decision I made and I thought about it , I scenes a real connection and I know definitely there is no other better connection for me out there !

I checked there is no report and case of a two way ( man and woman ) second 100% satisfying relationship after the first one . If both spouses honestly describe their relation as absolutely flawless , I repeat that "absolutely" and "flawless" , I mean no doubt at all , not even a tiny doubt ( and there is some relationships out there like this , trust me) there is no "second" "flawless" relationship for this couple ever again !

Show me if you have a case otherwise !

Now I want to know how we describe this with materialism.
21-03-2016, 05:18 AM
(21-03-2016 05:15 AM)hitrosh Wrote:  Look

I am the case

I am in your team , I laughed before when ever someone mentioned love , I thought it was somthing hormonal and just fun

But now I want an answer

Why I know this is the only one ? Why I know I can't find anyone better , why I married this girl and I'm totally happy and I know I will be for ever , this is not hormonal , this is a decision I made and I thought about it , I scenes a real connection and I know definitely there is no other better connection for me out there !

I checked there is no report and case of a two way ( man and woman ) second 100% satisfying relationship after the first one . If both spouses honestly describe their relation as absolutely flawless , I repeat that "absolutely" and "flawless" , I mean no doubt at all , not even a tiny doubt ( and there is some relationships out there like this , trust me) there is no "second" "flawless" relationship for this couple ever again !

Then go and read and find out.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
21-03-2016, 05:26 AM

I am the case

But now I want an answer

I can guarantee that a great number of couples felt similar in their early times, and some never left the phase; you in your feelings are not unique. Sorry to take a pin to your balloon.

Tell me; how are you sure that your feelings are not hormonal? How would you defend your assertion?
As a point to consider; some in the no-free will camp would argue that your choice was simply an illusion; your brain ran through the calculations in the background, and you simply believed it to be your choice. Have you considered that?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-03-2016, 05:29 AM
Love and atheism
(21-03-2016 05:13 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 04:40 AM)hitrosh Wrote:  Thanks for the hospitality Forget about the word "love" ! My question is very simple : I am in a relationship that I'm 100 % sure that I'm fully satisfied and there is no other girl for me in the world , you can laugh, I'm telling you I laughed before this love thing too . But this is reality !! There is fully satisfied relationships out there , how can we explain it with materialism ??

It's pretty simple neurochemistry and behavioural psychology really. 'Love' is a word we use to describe the emotions we feel while undergoing coupling-attachment to others, this involves several stages of neurochemical cascades and transmitter floods which trigger and maintain the emotions.
As long as the feelings are seemingly reciprocated, and thus continue to be rewarding, the feelings are maintained.

Furthermore, there is the psychological element; you have social and mental needs that your partner is able to fill, so you attach further to them, as people are want to do; stick with those who fulfil your needs.

There is no need to just to the conclusion that parts of the human experience, such as 'love' or 'wonder' are outside of nature in origin, to do so is nothing more than sticking what amounts to sticky tape over the crack in your understanding and impede examination of the issue at hand.

This chemical explanations may describes a comforting reliable honest relation , but I this chemicals in brain doesn't back up : "sureness" and "the only one" and deciding to dedicate your life for one person and "believing" of the best person .
21-03-2016, 05:31 AM
(21-03-2016 05:29 AM)hitrosh Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 05:13 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  It's pretty simple neurochemistry and behavioural psychology really. 'Love' is a word we use to describe the emotions we feel while undergoing coupling-attachment to others, this involves several stages of neurochemical cascades and transmitter floods which trigger and maintain the emotions.

This chemical explanations may describes a comforting reliable honest relation , but I this chemicals in brain doesn't back up : "sureness" and "the only one" and deciding to dedicate your life for one person and "believing" of the best person .

I find they cover it well, so long as you don't ascribe special properties to emotions which would define them out of explanation.

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-03-2016, 05:41 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2016 05:58 AM by hitrosh.)
Love and atheism
(21-03-2016 05:26 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  

I am the case

But now I want an answer

I can guarantee that a great number of couples felt similar in their early times, and some never left the phase; you in your feelings are not unique. Sorry to take a pin to your balloon.

Tell me; how are you sure that your feelings are not hormonal? How would you defend your assertion?
As a point to consider; some in the no-free will camp would argue that your choice was simply an illusion; your brain ran through the calculations in the background, and you simply believed it to be your choice. Have you considered that?

You mean we all like a schizophrenic person somehow ? That our subconscious dictate an illusion in our heads and somehow we believe in something not real ? Believing in experiencing and experiences that are not real is a definite description of schizophrenia ! How we just will be schizophrenic in just the matter of love ? This is hard to digest but maybe it's true
21-03-2016, 05:41 AM
(21-03-2016 05:29 AM)hitrosh Wrote:  This chemical explanations may describes a comforting reliable honest relation , but I this chemicals in brain doesn't back up : "sureness" and "the only one" and deciding to dedicate your life for one person and "believing" of the best person .

All of your emotions can be changed by changing the chemicals in your brain.
Things like brain injury, deterioration from disease, damage from drugs, all can erase memories.

Memories, moods, personality, likes, dislikes, everything can be changed by external sources.

Enjoy what you have. It may end next week, it may last a lifetime.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
21-03-2016, 05:53 AM
Love and atheism
I have some theories of my own . Actually I posted this to share and discuss this theories .

Instead of this chemical in our brains , what about we describe love as a universal energy-like thing that we don't understand yet , like gravity and electromagnetic forces , that we born as couples in some electromagnetic-like spectrum that eventually come together somehow
21-03-2016, 05:57 AM
Love and atheism
I think this is more believe-able than act of god or just act of hormones . Hormones don't act in 2 different persons , with this chemical theories you can in best case describe it in one of partners .