Love and atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2016, 04:24 PM
RE: Love and atheism
(21-03-2016 09:17 AM)hitrosh Wrote:  When I first met my wife , I felt something different and told my friend beside me that . We were in a mall not a cafe in France . Although I had crushes Before , I had those heart beats and blood rushes to my face , I met hundreds of girls , so why this girl , this peace was something new and unique for me ?

What you felt is something that is felt daily by millions of people. Sure, you think it's unique and great or whatever, but didn't you say you've been together for two years? That's hardly enough time to judge whether you will feel like this forever or not.

(21-03-2016 09:17 AM)hitrosh Wrote:  You can't be sure and successfully marry someone just with chemicals , because if you felt this person is the one and only , honestly and not fooling yourself and end up divorcing , how could you fell in love again and say someone else is the one , so what happens with last peaceful relation ?!

"The one"? Who says such a thing exists? That's just something from fairy tales and movies. The universe doesn't care about you. The universe does not owe you "the one". There are simply bad and good relationships.

Saying that someone is "the one" is not a prerequisite for falling in love.

(21-03-2016 09:17 AM)hitrosh Wrote:  Of course I'm talking about true and healthy love , a love that calms you and put you in peace , not crushes , sick dependence and ...

True and healthy love can have an expiration date. Feelings can fade over time and that's ok. There's no reason to assume there's anything perfect about love. And even if your case was a case of true, perfect, everlasting love, it is nothing more than an anecdotal story.

Your feels don't define what's true. You may feel there's something special about your relationship, blessed by universal energy or whatever, but there's zero evidence for love being anything more than chemical reactions in the brain.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
21-03-2016, 04:42 PM
I had many lovers in my youth, and my second husband was "the one".

We were a perfect fit. Partially because we just meshed well, partially because we worked on it.

Love morphs over the years. The giddy excitement gives way to affection, trust, friendship and - well - what I call actual love.

Sex is not love, it's an instinct to procreate. People who love each other and get to know each other well tend to have good sex based on knowing what each other likes.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-03-2016, 05:09 PM
Love and atheism
(21-03-2016 04:24 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 09:17 AM)hitrosh Wrote:  When I first met my wife , I felt something different and told my friend beside me that . We were in a mall not a cafe in France . Although I had crushes Before , I had those heart beats and blood rushes to my face , I met hundreds of girls , so why this girl , this peace was something new and unique for me ?

What you felt is something that is felt daily by millions of people. Sure, you think it's unique and great or whatever, but didn't you say you've been together for two years? That's hardly enough time to judge whether you will feel like this forever or not.

(21-03-2016 09:17 AM)hitrosh Wrote:  You can't be sure and successfully marry someone just with chemicals , because if you felt this person is the one and only , honestly and not fooling yourself and end up divorcing , how could you fell in love again and say someone else is the one , so what happens with last peaceful relation ?!

"The one"? Who says such a thing exists? That's just something from fairy tales and movies. The universe doesn't care about you. The universe does not owe you "the one". There are simply bad and good relationships.

Saying that someone is "the one" is not a prerequisite for falling in love.

(21-03-2016 09:17 AM)hitrosh Wrote:  Of course I'm talking about true and healthy love , a love that calms you and put you in peace , not crushes , sick dependence and ...

True and healthy love can have an expiration date. Feelings can fade over time and that's ok. There's no reason to assume there's anything perfect about love. And even if your case was a case of true, perfect, everlasting love, it is nothing more than an anecdotal story.

Your feels don't define what's true. You may feel there's something special about your relationship, blessed by universal energy or whatever, but there's zero evidence for love being anything more than chemical reactions in the brain.

I think you must experience the moment when you say this is definitely the one . Maybe that's not something everyone experience . I repeat it , some people even try to kill themselves for their feeling towards someone but that's not healthy , I'm talking about a relationship that is absolute peace , not a desire to be with someone , or a dependence . All I say is that you can't really love someone and then un love them , if it happens you must doubt about your definition of love .
no I don't think healthy love have an expiration date , I don't talk about obsession , excitement , I'm talking about Love=peace , I'm talking about watching each other for one hour without talking and deeply feel peace and admiration not watching each other for one hours and your heart beat rise and rushing blood and adrenaline into your veins and you say to yourself wow this is wonderful , this radical feeling won't last !
I'm talking about
LOVE=ABSOLUTE PEACE
I Don't think this fades ever . Before this I thought just like you , wish you can have something like this in the future
21-03-2016, 06:59 PM
(21-03-2016 05:13 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 04:40 AM)hitrosh Wrote:  Thanks for the hospitality Forget about the word "love" ! My question is very simple : I am in a relationship that I'm 100 % sure that I'm fully satisfied and there is no other girl for me in the world , you can laugh, I'm telling you I laughed before this love thing too . But this is reality !! There is fully satisfied relationships out there , how can we explain it with materialism ??

It's pretty simple neurochemistry and behavioural psychology really. 'Love' is a word we use to describe the emotions we feel while undergoing coupling-attachment to others, this involves several stages of neurochemical cascades and transmitter floods which trigger and maintain the emotions.
As long as the feelings are seemingly reciprocated, and thus continue to be rewarding, the feelings are maintained.

Furthermore, there is the psychological element; you have social and mental needs that your partner is able to fill, so you attach further to them, as people are want to do; stick with those who fulfil your needs.

There is no need to just to the conclusion that parts of the human experience, such as 'love' or 'wonder' are outside of nature in origin, to do so is nothing more than sticking what amounts to sticky tape over the crack in your understanding and impede examination of the issue at hand.

I Heart this explanation of love! ^__^

21-03-2016, 07:24 PM
(21-03-2016 06:59 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 05:13 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  It's pretty simple neurochemistry and behavioural psychology really. 'Love' is a word we use to describe the emotions we feel while undergoing coupling-attachment to others, this involves several stages of neurochemical cascades and transmitter floods which trigger and maintain the emotions.
As long as the feelings are seemingly reciprocated, and thus continue to be rewarding, the feelings are maintained.

Furthermore, there is the psychological element; you have social and mental needs that your partner is able to fill, so you attach further to them, as people are want to do; stick with those who fulfil your needs.

There is no need to just to the conclusion that parts of the human experience, such as 'love' or 'wonder' are outside of nature in origin, to do so is nothing more than sticking what amounts to sticky tape over the crack in your understanding and impede examination of the issue at hand.

I Heart this explanation of love! ^__^

It made me think of this scene from Devil's advocate! Tongue

Tell em, Al! Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
21-03-2016, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2016 11:12 PM by hitrosh.)
Love and atheism
(21-03-2016 07:24 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 06:59 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I Heart this explanation of love! ^__^

It made me think of this scene from Devil's advocate! Tongue

Tell em, Al! Laugh out load

chocolate is never been overrated !
Love = chocolate
Al New theory feat Forest Gump
22-03-2016, 03:49 AM
(21-03-2016 05:09 PM)hitrosh Wrote:  I think you must experience the moment when you say this is definitely the one . Maybe that's not something everyone experience . I repeat it , some people even try to kill themselves for their feeling towards someone but that's not healthy , I'm talking about a relationship that is absolute peace , not a desire to be with someone , or a dependence .

I'm currently in a relationship I've been in for 4 years now and I couldn't be happier. We're perfect for each other, we love each other and we're still madly in love after all this time, perhaps even more than we were at the beginning.

So yeah, it's not like I haven't found the "perfect guy", it's more about being realistic. Sure, it feels great now, but who knows what could happen along the way? This fact does not diminish the meaning and value of our relationship the least bit.

(21-03-2016 05:09 PM)hitrosh Wrote:  All I say is that you can't really love someone and then un love them , if it happens you must doubt about your definition of love .

Are you sure? You can perfectly love someone, be it a spouse, family member or friend, and then stop loving them once you've been somehow betrayed by them. If I love my dad and then he does something terrible to me or my family and I stop loving him, does this mean that what I felt for him was not true love?

(21-03-2016 05:09 PM)hitrosh Wrote:  no I don't think healthy love have an expiration date , I don't talk about obsession , excitement , I'm talking about Love=peace , I'm talking about watching each other for one hour without talking and deeply feel peace and admiration not watching each other for one hours and your heart beat rise and rushing blood and adrenaline into your veins and you say to yourself wow this is wonderful , this radical feeling won't last !
I'm talking about
LOVE=ABSOLUTE PEACE
I Don't think this fades ever . Before this I thought just like you , wish you can have something like this in the future

I do have something like this. How could you possibly know if I do or not?
Every time I fell in love and then broke up, I felt like it "just wasn't the right guy". Now that I have actually found the right guy, I've had enough experience to know there is no such thing as "the one". You just happen to be highly compatible with certain people and that is all.

I'm really interested to know your age and how long you've been in this relationship.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
22-03-2016, 04:48 AM
Love and atheism
(22-03-2016 03:49 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 05:09 PM)hitrosh Wrote:  I think you must experience the moment when you say this is definitely the one . Maybe that's not something everyone experience . I repeat it , some people even try to kill themselves for their feeling towards someone but that's not healthy , I'm talking about a relationship that is absolute peace , not a desire to be with someone , or a dependence .

I'm currently in a relationship I've been in for 4 years now and I couldn't be happier. We're perfect for each other, we love each other and we're still madly in love after all this time, perhaps even more than we were at the beginning.

So yeah, it's not like I haven't found the "perfect guy", it's more about being realistic. Sure, it feels great now, but who knows what could happen along the way? This fact does not diminish the meaning and value of our relationship the least bit.

(21-03-2016 05:09 PM)hitrosh Wrote:  All I say is that you can't really love someone and then un love them , if it happens you must doubt about your definition of love .

Are you sure? You can perfectly love someone, be it a spouse, family member or friend, and then stop loving them once you've been somehow betrayed by them. If I love my dad and then he does something terrible to me or my family and I stop loving him, does this mean that what I felt for him was not true love?

(21-03-2016 05:09 PM)hitrosh Wrote:  no I don't think healthy love have an expiration date , I don't talk about obsession , excitement , I'm talking about Love=peace , I'm talking about watching each other for one hour without talking and deeply feel peace and admiration not watching each other for one hours and your heart beat rise and rushing blood and adrenaline into your veins and you say to yourself wow this is wonderful , this radical feeling won't last !
I'm talking about
LOVE=ABSOLUTE PEACE

I do have something like this. How could you possibly know if I do or not?
Every time I fell in love and then broke up, I felt like it "just wasn't the right guy". Now that I have actually found the right guy, I've had enough experience to know there is no such thing as "the one". You just happen to be highly compatible with certain people and that is all.

I'm really interested to know your age and how long you've been in this relationship.

I'm 29 and I have been in this relationship for 5 years and we have been married for 2 years , before that I said to 3 girls that I love them but I'm now know the true meaning of love , I said "I love you" before many times and I really have feeling for them but I never told myself that those girl are the one and nobody else is better than what I have now for me , but in this relationship I think I finally know the meaning of "love" and I told myself that this girl is the only one and the only true match for me and in this 5 years I never regret this even a tiny bit !
22-03-2016, 05:47 AM
(21-03-2016 05:13 AM)hitrosh Wrote:  Look

I am the case

I am in your team , I laughed before when ever someone mentioned love , I thought it was somthing hormonal and just fun

But now I want an answer

Why I know this is the only one ? Why I know I can't find anyone better , why I married this girl and I'm totally happy and I know I will be for ever , this is not hormonal , this is a decision I made and I thought about it , I scenes a real connection and I know definitely there is no other better connection for me out there !

I checked there is no report and case of a two way ( man and woman ) second 100% satisfying relationship after the first one . If both spouses honestly describe their relation as absolutely flawless , I repeat that "absolutely" and "flawless" , I mean no doubt at all , not even a tiny doubt ( and there is some relationships out there like this , trust me) there is no "second" "flawless" relationship for this couple ever again !

Show me if you have a case otherwise !

Now I want to know how we describe this with materialism.

I thunk I had found the one. We got married at 19 years old both of us. Then 19 years later she left me for some one bigger and better and richer. Just wait my man, you or her will one day decide that love was a great mistake!
22-03-2016, 05:51 AM
(22-03-2016 04:48 AM)hitrosh Wrote:  I'm 29 and I have been in this relationship for 5 years and we have been married for 2 years , before that I said to 3 girls that I love them but I'm now know the true meaning of love , I said "I love you" before many times and I really have feeling for them but I never told myself that those girl are the one and nobody else is better than what I have now for me , but in this relationship I think I finally know the meaning of "love" and I told myself that this girl is the only one and the only true match for me and in this 5 years I never regret this even a tiny bit !

What makes you think you're 100% right and that there's no chance you could be mistaken? Do you think you and a select few have a monopoly on true love? Why don't the thousands of examples of people who thought they had found true love but were mistaken mean nothing to you? Do you think you're somehow smarter than those people in knowing what is true love and what is not?

-Guybrush Threepwood-